Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War games increased in price

VigilantFruitVigilantFruit Junior MemberPosts: 6Registered Users
I don't know over how many regions this price change took place but in my region, India, Attila went from Rs.930 to Rs.2030 and similar increases for the price of all the DLCs. Similar changes for all historical TW games as well. The earlier price was fair and resembled the normal price of most PC games in India and the new one just seems wrong and uncalculated. The earlier price matched the age of the games (ie few years after release, and in low range during sales) and probably made buying the game easier for many people. I know the dev and publisher can charge what they want but can we at least get some official comment on this? Why the price hike only for us? And for a game(s) that's been out for so long?

Comments

• Grace_CAGrace_CA Creative Assembly Posts: 862Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team
    Retailers, distributors and publishers often make price adjustments to reflect market conditions and currency fluctuations. We appreciate the frustration when that can result in a big sudden difference for players in some countries, but hope that our games will still represent quality gaming at good value for money.
  • tzarkolbaskatzarkolbaska Senior Member Posts: 489Registered Users
    So it's Steam's fault, and they suddenly decided to increase prices only for some of Sega's games, what a happy coincidence for you.

This company and its communication have become total garbage since you've made Warhammer and Sega realized they can earn actual money from you, I don't even know why I decided to bother writing on this forum again.

See you on torrents if CA actually manages to make a good game sometime again, which is unlikely.

Bye
  • BadWoIfBadWoIf Junior Member Posts: 131Registered Users
    Grace_CA said:

Retailers, distributors and publishers often make price adjustments to reflect market conditions and currency fluctuations. We appreciate the frustration when that can result in a big sudden difference for players in some countries, but hope that our games will still represent quality gaming at good value for money.

It's a tough time when you get in bed with Netease, might as well admit it
  • XeirXeir Senior Member PolandPosts: 22Registered Users, Smiley
    edited August 29

Acording to https://steamdb.info/app/325610/

A lot of prices were increased the same day in different countries date key is August 22

• wtfpricehikewtfpricehike Posts: 1Registered Users
    Grace_CA said:

Made this account to specifically say these price hikes are a really easy way to alienate customers. Won't be buying creative assembly products anymore and that makes me sad. :(
  • Elder_MolochElder_Moloch Posts: 1,632Registered Users
    Must admit, that price at least for WH2 core game is a bit expensive in our region now and may spook away some customers.
    It was sometheing like 1799 and now went to 2489, while most AAA games on Steam cost around 1999 and usually include pack options for additional content.
    I own core game and enough DLCs not be worried about it for a while, but for new potential customers it may not be as good.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• cameron12352cameron12352 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Grace_CA said:

Shouldn't there be some kind of announcement or warning that this is taking place? Unless I've missed some actual announcement, it seems that this price change is attempting to fly under the radar, which does reflect well on the distributors or CA.
  • HerrickHerrick Posts: 173Registered Users
    I was about to buy a DLC but once I saw the increase in price I didnt do it.
    This is a great way for CA to start losing money, Im pretty sure that many people are going to refrain from buying their products.