Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

We need to stop this "total war" to tabletop mutation forcing on us, while we still have it right!

2»

Comments

• Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 4,946Registered Users

Some people just can't read...

And.

What is this thread?! What are you talking about?!
    Total war is nothing like those strategy games that you gave as an example. It is not in the same cathegory as them, not even by far.
    Yes, doomstacks are bad in total war game. Always were, always will be. I don't care about ******* warcraft, lol.
    Total war, on one hand, always strived to make gameplay feel authentic, to make you feel you are actually leading an empire, commanding real armies. It always made efforts to implement "realistic", immersive and believable gameplay mechanics. On the other hand, it had problems with doomstacks, which are completely opposite and contrary to all those efforts. Doomstacks are counter-immersive, counter-authentic and just bad from the gameplay perspective.
    Total war was always a historical game and yes, warhammer is fantasy, but it's still total war and in my opinionnit can't and should not break those tenets.

Ps. What's with that last "men are all bad" statement?! What does that have to do with anything here?! Leave that femminist/counter femminist rethoric out of here!

Such a great statement! But for many other gamers there was nothing wrong with all of these games.
    Lobby cursing on sacred classic? Well, this is so good of you!

And following are for the people who appreciate the beauty. To know that: "we do not need to discuss it here" is a wrong way of thinking, that will lead to destroying all good in our games.
    People can ignore outer world, but world do not ignore the games. Like forcing agenda on them. We now have many ugly women. And men too! Sadly, included with "warhammer".
    I know that even C.A. members called names to some youtubers. That perfectly shows that now "outer world" bans even "total war" games mods with beautiful women. And not only them.
    Alith Anar must be beautiful guy, but what happened with his face? His nose? Why can't a man have a beautiful model looks?
    Why damsel looks like she is 50+ years old? Not young enchantress type? And Alarielle too? Old 50+ lady, not forever young everqueen?
    Why dark elves women, while good on clothing, have these kinds of looks? Witch elves and sorceresses who have ugly bodies and faces? No sex appeal in the dark elves' cult of pleasure?
    All this stupid thing that heads and limbs can be cut of with dekaliters of blood but no sexiness?
    Free-will players (respectable part of them) want their rightfully owned and constantly supported games to be as good and beautiful as possible.
    That is why forced unit caps and purposely ugly models (any models) are bad for impressions and feelings. Forcing and censoring is very bad in general.
    What the hell did I just read.
  • FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Posts: 1,629Registered Users
    Man, which is it? Are you mad that people want a closer to table top representation of Warhammer? Mad that people don’t worship RTS games as “Sacred” lemme tell ya strategy games are buggy messes, hardly what I’d call sacred. Or mad that the women modeled in this game don’t suit your fantasy of sexy witch elves.

This is all strange to me. What a weird array of things to seemingly rage at.
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIPosts: 7,162Registered Users
    I don't like the Witch Elves. They look awful.
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,272Registered Users
  • psychoakpsychoak Posts: 2,338Registered Users
    ****, I already knew he was cracked, but this is...

Deep, did you seriously just use slut shaming and men's rights activism as the basis of a post on doom stacking? If this all made sense to you when you were writing it? Therapy brother, seriously.
  • SielgaudysSielgaudys Posts: 43Registered Users
    Forcing you to use caps is bad, but not including caps was a bad idea too. Elite spam gets boring. At least we have mods.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,044Registered Users
    Hey, I appreciate peeps coming to my defense ^_^

All I'm going to say here though, lol.

Thanks guys :)
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,653Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Closed.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • Deep_echo_soundDeep_echo_sound Posts: 447Registered Users
    psychoak said:

****, I already knew he was cracked, but this is...

Deep, did you seriously just use slut shaming and men's rights activism as the basis of a post on doom stacking? If this all made sense to you when you were writing it? Therapy brother, seriously.

Except for personal statements which is just wretched. There is an important slander here.
    Just for "public statement", to make it clear. There were nothing even closely related to "... shaming".
    Gamers who really want characters in games to be beautiful, are on the directly opposite side of spectrum to people who oppress sexuality.

Well, I think it is just too much work in reacting to lie and calumny.
    I made my clear statements about what is strategy games' progression about.
    And, on side topic, that not defending your standpoint will lead to strong negative shifts in games, even in example of aesthetics, which is very game immersive thing.

But good for you all! Looks like I have no support in this. And, If only I need good "total war" games - you all won. Enjoy.

Ahhh, so sweet to make fun of not native speaker's bad English.
    *applause*
    I hope you proud of yourself.
This discussion has been closed.