As you may know, I've been working on a 'updated missing characters and units' series of posts over the past few weeks but obviously I'm having to wait out the storm of this DLC. I've been updating my lists and working on new ones but I can't continue until all the new stuff has been revealed and released.
So instead I was inspired to move onto the next thing I had planned: a southern realms army list for Tilea, Estalia and the Border Princes.
The problem is: there's no real official list of their units. I've collected units from lore snippets and DoW but it's all very tucked away and I don't want to miss anything.
So I thought I'd throw it out to the forums while I work on it to see if you know anything I don't.
I've also been drawing from these fan made army books:https://issuu.com/m4cr1ii3n/docs/warhammer-armies---estalia_20100908_225012https://issuu.com/m4cr1ii3n/docs/warhammer_armies_-_dogs_of_war
And I've been trying to run background checks on all of the units but it's all very esoteric.
So I ask you, what units do you know of, what ones are legit and what do you want to see from Southern Realms?
My roster so far:
Edit: (this isn't everything I've collected and it's not representative of a final list. This is meant to be a representation of southern realms core units, excluding Dogs of War that are available to everyone like Armoured orcs, High elves etc. Feel free to mention these if you wish)
Generic lords and heroes
- Priestess of Mirmidia
- Inquisitor (witch hunter/arch lector combo)
- Diestros (dualist fencer)
- Hired assassin
- Mercenary general
- Hireling wizard/battle magi
- Terico Pikemen
- Rodeleros (sword infantry)
- Black Watchmen (halberd heavy infantry)
- Sisters of fury (Shield maidens of Mirmidia)
- Pit fighters
- Mercenaries of Fortune
- Mountain bandits
- Slayer Pirates (Dwarfs)
- Vespero's Vendetta (assassin's)
- Royal guard (heavy armour arquebusiers)
- Bandit Skirmishers
- Braganza's Besiegers (crossbows with a shieldwall/turtle)
- Knights of the blazing sun
- Order of the righteous spear (Anti-Large spear cav)
- Stradiots (light missile cav)
- Fire Bulls
- War Dogs
- Giants / Albion Giants
- The Birdmen of Carazza (crossbowmen with da Vinci gliders that fly)
- Griffin / Pegasus Riders
- Bronzino's Galloper Guns (light artillery that can be fixed to the back of carriages)
- Halfling Hot Pot