Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Incompatible Versions despite exact same mods.

Imperator_TezImperator_Tez Posts: 7Registered Users
edited September 2 in Multiplayer Bugs
Build number:
v1.6.1
10846.1659377 (modded)

My friend and I have been playing Warhammer II together basically since launch- and save for our very first campaign, we've always played modded. Normally, this has never been an issue- the occasional mishap with one of us forgetting to click on one mod, or the occasional "oh, we were using that mod too?". But recently, over the past month we've been unable to play together with mods at all. And it makes no sense in the slightest. We've been using the same "core" array of mods for like, at least since 'The Prophet & The Warlock', if not even longer than that and it's never been an issue, so why is it one now suddenly?

The issue is that we're not able to join each others games. We get the 'Incompatible versions' error. Despite knowing without a doubt that we have the exact same mods enabled. We are able to play in vanilla without any mods.

We've tried several solutions, like:
- Reinstalling the game
- Unsubscribing and resubscribing to all the mods in question
- Deleting and re-downloading the launcher files
- Deleting and re-downloading the data files.
- Using the KMM

Any troubleshooting I've done so far hasn't been of use, and has not helped much at all. I love the game, but the vanilla gameplay is very dry and stale for us, if we're not able to play using mods anymore for some ungodly reason, then I'm not sure we'll be able to continue playing.

I've included a list of the mods we're using. If anyone is able to offer any help, I'd be extremely grateful. Thank you in advance.

[HN] Banner Overhaul II
[HN] Clear Skies
[HN] Naming Overhaul II
Atilla' Karl Franz Black Armor
Battle Chants
Better Camera Mod
Building Progression Icons II
Ceramic Khalida
Equal Auto Resolve
Faction Unit Cards II
GCCM: Main Mod
GCCM: Settlement Pack 01
GCCM: Settlement Pack 02
GCCM: Unique Faction Capitals [Gaen Vale]
GCCM2: Custom Assets
Home Region Movement Larger Bonus
Improved Border Colors
Mask for Settra
Max Level 60!
New Legendary Lord Artefacts
No more Stupid Animations for all Races
Radious 3 Skill points per level submod
Radious skill dump and skill overhaul submod
Radious Tier 4 Minor Settlements submod
Radious Total War Mod - Part 1
Radious Total War Mod - Part 2
Sebidee & Ado's all faction Officers
Sebidee's no great power penalty
Sebidee's Realistic flight

Comments

• talos2789talos2789 Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited September 2
    i have the same problem any idea on a fix my freind and i cant even play a vanilla co op campaign
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,969Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Check your modified logs to make sure you have no mods that one of you might have forgotten about or not realised was subscribed.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • Imperator_TezImperator_Tez Posts: 7Registered Users

Check your modified logs to make sure you have no mods that one of you might have forgotten about or not realised was subscribed.

Alright. Should I post our modified logs here, then. Or should I just check them?
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,969Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Just as well do both. You may spot something straight away or we may have to look at tthem in the light of possible additional information.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

Just as well do both. You may spot something straight away or we may have to look at tthem in the light of possible additional information.

I've attached the files in question below. We both have the Dryrain's Reskin Overhaul Parts 1-4, and the Drydrain Effect Remover subscribed, but not currently active when attempting to play. Same with Stupidly OP Lokhir Fellheart and Stupidly OP Malekith.
    Unfortunately, I am not too tech savvy so looking at the files I cannot quite tell what the issues are. I apologize if this is an easily resolved issue that I am just missing.
    I'm not sure I fully understand this, but as far as the ones shown as unknown files goes, your friend has:
    @effect_remover_by_dr.pack unknown file
    sm_t4_radious.pack unknown file
    sm_t4_radious.png unknown file

whereas you have:
    @effect_remover_by_dr (2).pack unknown file
    sm_t4_w_radious.pack unknown file
    sm_t4_w_radious.png unknown file

For the ones labelled "Mod", only you have these in addition to the ones that appear on both lists:
    Mod: all_reskin_i_by_dr.pack
    Mod: all_reskin_iv_by_dr.pack
    Mod: all_reskin_ii_by_dr.pack
    Mod: all_reskin_iii_by_dr.pack
    Mod: stupidly_op_malekith.pack
    Mod: stupidly_op_lokhir_fellheart.pack
    So it looks like your friend has unsubscribed as well as deactivated.

Obviously these differences will then make the builds appear as incompatible, because they are in the files regardless of whether or not they are active.

Okay, I believe I understand.

For the ones labelled "Mod" I assume the best solution is just to attempt to un-subscribe and re-subscribe? We've been able to play together before despite them having mods installed (but not active) that I have, hence my overall confusion with the issue.

What kind of solution do you suggest- or rather, how should we go about fixing this issue so we can play together with mods once more?
    It would be best if you un-subscribed then re-subscribed, but, before re-subscribing, hunt through your game folders for any remnants of old mods and delete them manually (if after you un-subscribe you look again at your modified logs it should show any remnants that were missed).

I'd also try to make sure you subscribe in the same order so that the mods should be in your files in the same order in case you need to do another cross-check at any time.

We have followed the instructions, and our modified.txt files are identical now, as far as I can tell. We attempted to connect a few times, and it is still not working. My friend confirmed to me as well that their build is the same (10846.1659377 (modded) ) as mine.

I've included the modified files once more for your inspection!
    Well, the logs are identical now apart from the path to the user.script which is normal.

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is to try clearing your Steam download caches which should clear up any irregularities in your Steam files themselves.

We can try. How would we go about doing that, and would we clear said caches then just attempt to connect, or would we need to redownload the game once more, for example- or anything like that?

Also, does it make any difference whether we use the KMM or the Creative Assembly Launcher Mod Manager?
    edited September 3
    To clear the download cache open Steam, select the Steam menu in the top left, select Settings, select Downloads, hit Clear Download Cache at the bottom of the screen.

I have no idea if it makes any difference but, to be on the safe side, I'd use the CA version for this once at least.

On thing to remember with the download cache is that Steam will re-start so you need to remember your account name and password.

It seems that clearing the download cache worked! We did a few tries and it seems to run now!

Thank you for your help, and let's hope that it won't be needed again, so to say!
    how do i check my modified logs
    talos2789 said:

how do i check my modified logs

Follow the instructions here http://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/173602/how-to-find-your-modified-log-file then open the file.

i tried that method and i did not work the logs showed up but after the whole process it didnt work
    Then you may have some other problem.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file