Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SolvedGame doesn't start after launcher closes

DwarfishhDwarfishh Posts: 2Registered Users
edited September 5 in Crashes
Title says it all. The launcher closes after hitting either play or resume campaign, then nothing. I can reopen the launcher, with similar results.

I've tried clearing both Launcher folders, but the issue remains.

Any suggestions?
Post edited by CA_Vix on

Comments

  • CA_VixCA_Vix Posts: 233Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Dwarfishh said:

    Title says it all. The launcher closes after hitting either play or resume campaign, then nothing. I can reopen the launcher, with similar results.

    I've tried clearing both Launcher folders, but the issue remains.

    Any suggestions?

    Hi there,

    I'm sorry to hear you're having issues entering the game. I'd like to get some more info from you so I can try to narrow down the issue :)

    1) Is this the first time you have launched Three Kingdoms? Or have you previously been able to launch the game?

    2) After pressing play, does ThreeKingdoms.exe appear in Task Manager?

    3) Do you have the latest Three Kingdoms update installed? (Patch 1.2.3)

    4) Have you tried using Steam's "Verify Integrity of Game Files" function? (This can be found under Properties>Local Files when you right-click Three Kingdoms in Steam)

    Also, could you please provide me with the following files:

    - DxDiag
    - Crash Minidump (if possible)
    - Preferences.script

    Details on where to find these are here: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/242425/please-read-if-you-experience-a-crash-hang-freeze

    Let me know how it goes!

    All the best,

    Vix
  • DwarfishhDwarfishh Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hi, thanks for taking the time to help.

    Verifying the integrity found a problematic file, and fixed the issue.

    Cheers.
  • CA_VixCA_Vix Posts: 233Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Dwarfishh said:

    Hi, thanks for taking the time to help.

    Verifying the integrity found a problematic file, and fixed the issue.

    Cheers.

    Very happy to hear this resolved the issue! Let me know if you have any more problems in future :)

    All the best,

    Vix
  • yggryggr Posts: 5Registered Users
    edited September 14
    Hi Vix,

    I just installed Attila again after some time and I couldnt launch the game unfortunately. In Task Manager I dont even see anything like attila.exe popping up - only the launcher closes, steam says Attila is running for a bit and then doesnt display that anymore either.
    I have no mods, checked for file integrity everything was fine.
    DxDiag and preferences are attached, I couldn't find a crash minidump file in the Attila files.

    Highly appreciate any help, since Im really clueless about this odd occurence - and couldn't really find a fix in online forums either.

    All the best

    edit: Warhammer 2 launches just fine for me

    edit2: fixed it: had to delete the Attila folder in the Appdata directory. Strange but worked.
    Post edited by yggr on
  • CA_VixCA_Vix Posts: 233Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    yggr said:

    Hi Vix,

    I just installed Attila again after some time and I couldnt launch the game unfortunately. In Task Manager I dont even see anything like attila.exe popping up - only the launcher closes, steam says Attila is running for a bit and then doesnt display that anymore either.
    I have no mods, checked for file integrity everything was fine.
    DxDiag and preferences are attached, I couldn't find a crash minidump file in the Attila files.

    Highly appreciate any help, since Im really clueless about this odd occurence - and couldn't really find a fix in online forums either.

    All the best

    edit: Warhammer 2 launches just fine for me

    edit2: fixed it: had to delete the Attila folder in the Appdata directory. Strange but worked.

    Hey there,

    Glad to see you managed to fix it. Stuff like this is helpful troubleshooting steps we can suggest in future, so I appreciate you reaching out :)

    All the best,

    Vix
  • MrPotatesMrPotates Posts: 4Registered Users
    I have this problem and i have tried all the methods provided on the internet but to no avail.

    I have re-installed the game, so i do not have the other documents you need.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,653Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    MrPotates said:

    I have this problem and i have tried all the methods provided on the internet but to no avail.

    I have re-installed the game, so i do not have the other documents you need.

    With this having been marked as Solved I doubt if Support will look in here again. Open your own thread topic with the required information.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
Sign In or Register to comment.