Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

So war wagons have a speed of 50

Firkraag888Firkraag888 Posts: 1,428Registered Users
Most infantry in the game has a speed of between 30-40.

New battle tactics for the empire would be to take out the enemies fast moving units like cavlary and flyers with units other then the war wagons so they save ammo and then once all of them are gone kite the remaining infantry with the war wagons.

I like it. Alot.

This adds a completely new battle tactic to the game and sounds like alot of fun.

Well done CA

Comments

• OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,111Registered Users

New battle tactics for the empire would be to take out the enemies fast moving units like cavlary and flyers with units other then the war wagons so they save ammo and then once all of them are gone kite the remaining infantry with the war wagons.

I like it. Alot.

This adds a completely new battle tactic to the game and sounds like alot of fun.

Well done CA

Basically.... you can find builds like that with pistoliers/outriders all ready. This is just going to make those builds better. Demi Gryphs with halberds running interception vs enemy Cavalry.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• Firkraag888Firkraag888 Posts: 1,428Registered Users
    OdTengri said:

I like it. Alot.

Well done CA

Basically.... you can find builds like that with pistoliers/outriders all ready. This is just going to make those builds better. Demi Gryphs with halberds running interception vs enemy Cavalry.
    Well not really. I expect the firepower to be significantly upgraded enough to make the build worth it now.

• GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,060Registered Users

OdTengri said:

I like it. Alot.

Well done CA

Well not really. I expect the firepower to be significantly upgraded enough to make the build worth it now.

You could make it worth it before, especially using Outriders with granade launchers (who can output crazy damage), but yes this will make the Empire far better at hit and run. Did expect the wagons to be a little faster, but I guess so long as infantry can't keep up.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 5,798Registered Users

OdTengri said:

I like it. Alot.

Well done CA

Hopefully with another unit using repeater handguns now, they'll fix the bug with those as well.
  • Firkraag888Firkraag888 Posts: 1,428Registered Users
  • BoombastekBoombastek Posts: 2,017Registered Users

I like it. Alot.

Well done CA

Well cava mostly had 62 speed and demigryph had 75. Idk about MP, but war wagon gonna be cool at campaign.
  • BoombastekBoombastek Posts: 2,017Registered Users
    Goatforce said:

OdTengri said:

I like it. Alot.

Well done CA

You could make it worth it before, especially using Outriders with granade launchers (who can output crazy damage), but yes this will make the Empire far better at hit and run. Did expect the wagons to be a little faster, but I guess so long as infantry can't keep up.
    I assume they get speed buff from tech and red skill tree.

If I remember well outriders red skill gave speed and ranged dmg.
  • ArizonaBlack1ArizonaBlack1 Posts: 247Registered Users
    I wish outriders had a faster firing rate. If you watch the cinematic trailer for the beastman and the one for this DLC you’ll see how fast those repeaters fire.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 5,798Registered Users

what bug?

It's possibly been fixed and I missed it, but there was a bug that substantially reduced the damage outriders could do. I think it had to do with the reload rate actually being slower than it should be, but I'm not certain.
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Posts: 2,819Registered Users
    I really wish they had given Wulfhart an unbarded horse mount at least, because the ability to run a super mobile army of Pistoliers, Outriders, War Wagons, and assorted cavalry would have been really neat.
  • BaronRodneyBaronRodney Posts: 630Registered Users
    edited September 4

I really wish they had given Wulfhart an unbarded horse mount at least, because the ability to run a super mobile army of Pistoliers, Outriders, War Wagons, and assorted cavalry would have been really neat.

Instead you'll just have to use your list and then have Wulfhart running after them with red cheeks and hope they don't have war beasts...