Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Grimgor and Throgg vs Gor-Rok and Nakai

Comments

• ReyDReyD Posts: 168Registered Users
    Grimgor alone versus Throgg / Nakai / Gor Rok you mean ?

Grimgor all day !
  • LordTorquemadoLordTorquemado Posts: 1,135Registered Users
    Grimgor is on pair with Kroq-Gar. Nakai, Gor-Rok and Throgg are in a lower level in power terms. Grimgor would be able to kill 2 of them with relative ease.

In his best day, he could even match the three.
    "You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here, no mercy. Naggarond has claimed the souls of better heroes than you."
  • UagrimUagrim Posts: 674Registered Users
    Nakai is a monster, the dude made a stand on the bridge of stars during the great catastrophe that demon still fear it to this day. I expect him to be able to chop throgg down rather quickly.

Gor Rok took a chariot to the chest and simply ignored it. He's gonna be able to hold his own against Grimgor until Nakai crashes the party.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Posts: 1,023Registered Users
    I would say Grimgor outmatches Gor-Rok by a fair amount, not sure about Throgg and Nakai.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Posts: 1,603Registered Users
    GRIMGOR IZ DA BEST.
  • angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Posts: 811Registered Users
    Grimgor is da biggest of them all
    Soon

Grimgor is on pair with Kroq-Gar. Nakai, Gor-Rok and Throgg are in a lower level in power terms. Grimgor would be able to kill 2 of them with relative ease.

Not rely Kroq-Gar is more of a general then the two, Gor Rok is a massive frontline bruiser.
  • FoofightFoofight Posts: 62Registered Users
    edited September 4
    How big is Grimgor really ? In game he is like a small dwarf compaired to throgg and kholekk. How the hell can he be so strong and kill everyone as everyone say he does ? Is hes size really fail ingame? Would he kill Gotrek the slayer you think ? Did he have any special axe that make him this strong ? I dont get it...
  • Otters007Otters007 Posts: 669Registered Users
    After all Gor Rok and Nakai have accomplished, there is no way this would be an easy fight for Grimgor.

I reckon Grimgor wins 1v1 vs all of them. But 2v1 Grimgor loses imo.
  • BorealBoreal Posts: 193Registered Users
    Grimgor is a fan favourite and is massively overhyped. He hasn't killed greater deamons in a 1v1 like Gor-Rok and Nakai.
    And Throgg is useless here.
    Foofight said:

How big is Grimgor really ? In game he is like a small dwarf compaired to throgg and kholekk. How the hell can he be so strong and kill everyone as everyone say he does ? Is hes size really fail ingame?

His size is somewhere between a black orc and a troll. So no he isn't this supergiant beast.

He can kill a lot of things but that isn't that uncommon for most named characters,
    Nakai and Gor Rok have similar power. Gor Roks shield took multiple kroxigors to lift.

He gets a lot of hype for beating archaon like a bitch during the old storm of chaos but that was retconed
    not to mention that Archaon while good isn't the best dedicated melee fighter by far.

Foofight said:

How big is Grimgor really ? In game he is like a small dwarf compaired to throgg and kholekk. How the hell can he be so strong and kill everyone as everyone say he does ? Is hes size really fail ingame? Would he kill Gotrek the slayer you think ? Did he have any special axe that make him this strong ? I dont get it...

He is massive for an orc, but not as big as a troll. How he is so strong? That's simply his character. Tyrion is also a master warrior, propably able to defeat any of the characters mentioned here 1v1, yet he is just a tall elf. Grimgor does have both a magical axe and a magical armour, both are good but neither are incredibly legendary strong.

If he could kill Gotrek, I don't really know. It's hard to judge Gotrek's strength accurately, and there is more to him and his axe than meets the eye.
  • ravezaarravezaar Senior Member Posts: 202Registered Users
    edited September 4
    Grimgor could/likely would beat Nakai and Gor-Rok but it would be very hard in 1v1. Throgg isnt at there lvl and NO Grimgor wouldnt beat Kroq-Gar.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,487Registered Users
    Grimgor utterly destroys Gor-Rok. It's the difference between a melee hero and a melee lord.

Nakai didn't have a statline so is just as strong as the writer says he is.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • FoofightFoofight Posts: 62Registered Users

Foofight said:

He is massive for an orc, but not as big as a troll. How he is so strong? That's simply his character. Tyrion is also a master warrior, propably able to defeat any of the characters mentioned here 1v1, yet he is just a tall elf. Grimgor does have both a magical axe and a magical armour, both are good but neither are incredibly legendary strong.

If he could kill Gotrek, I don't really know. It's hard to judge Gotrek's strength accurately, and there is more to him and his axe than meets the eye.
    Tnx for good answers. Reading Gotrek and Felix books now, im at Manslayer, love them! Even though Nathan Long books is not as good as the first ones :)

Grimgor utterly destroys Gor-Rok. It's the difference between a melee hero and a melee lord.

Nakai didn't have a statline so is just as strong as the writer says he is.

This isn't the tabletop
  • Otters007Otters007 Posts: 669Registered Users
    Is Kroq Gar that good a warrior? Don't get why CA have made him so average as a melee fighter then. He loses to many dedicated melee lords in a duel.
    edited September 4
    Otters007 said:

Is Kroq Gar that good a warrior? Don't get why CA have made him so average as a melee fighter then. He loses to many dedicated melee lords in a duel.

In the lore the first problem is his spear, its a mindweapon that can break most opponents with a simple scratch and even the hardiest of opponent isn't able to ignore it.
    Second is the fact that saurus become smarter and better fighters with age and with 8000 years kroq gar is the oldest.
    Third is his magical protection, Kroq Gar survived a spell that turned Grymloq to sludge and walked off getting doused in stuff that melted the saurus around him and the ground he was standing on.

On the TT his stats alone weren't that impressive but that was balanced by the fact that:
    a) He always came on Grymloq who was by no means a joke and could kill most monsters
    b) If Grymloq was kiled and Kroq Gar survived he got a buff that made him better then his original stats.
    Otters007 said:

One of the problems is that every character is stronger in their own armybook. So when asking if Kroq-Gar is that strong, the lizardmen book will tell you yes. However, if you read the greenskin book, you will think "Wow, Grimgor is so strong, I bet he's top 3 strongest fighters in the world". Upon reading all the books you will have 10-or so people who are all top some of the absolute strongest, which does not really work out. You also don't get to see them fight each other, since it was supposed to be a status quo where all of them are alive simultanously.

The only time a large amount characters actually faced off was the end times, but everyone was buffed on magical stereoids and it was all poorly written. Many, myself included, don't really see the end times as canon, as doing so simply makes the whole universe a lot worse.
  • warhammerwarlordwarhammerwarlord Posts: 165Registered Users
    Grimgor needs a buff.
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,374Registered Users

Grimgor made skaven scared shitless and held back with his army the clan moulder! Impressive !

Nakai made daemons scared shitless and Held the Bridge of Stars alone agains legions after legions of daemons and monsters.

Nakai is tougher and stronger than Grimgor. For once grimgor would not have the physical advantage and I highly doupt he would kill Nakai before being just overwhelmed. Nakai has skin thougher than dwarfen armor, he has shrugged off deadly wounds without flinching etc... we havent heard a lot fron Nakai, but what we have all point toward him being the best fighter the LM have even in his description it said he is the foremost combatant of the Lizardmen of something like that. Kroq Gar on Grimloq is strong, due to equipment and the synergy they have.

But Grimgor nah.

Gor Rok on the other hand is extremely though, strong and a great warrior, but im pretty sure he is weaker than Grimgor.

edited September 4
    Foofight said:

In lore he is much bigger than in Game, but still much smaller than Nakai and Even a bit smaller than Gor Rok I believe, or just equal, I think they are something like 10-12 feet tall.

But its mainly due to the fact that Grimgor is one of the most popular carachters i warhammer fantasy, he has his fanbase

• ravezaarravezaar Senior Member Posts: 202Registered Users
    Also fact is Grimgor is a juvenile in comparison to the Lizard Lords, Kroq-gar and Nakai is well over 8.000 years and Idk how old Gor-Rok is but hes old. They wont be taken easy after that amount of fighting history. Grimgor has fought beasts but tahts a diffrent lvl
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Posts: 933Registered Users
    I am looking forward to the clash of the beasts:

Nakai vs Throgg

Yummy
    edited September 4
    _Mad_D0c_ said:

I am looking forward to the clash of the beasts:

Nakai vs Throgg

Yummy

In game idk its gonna be really close.

Throgg has 10 More MD and Bonus vs Large, but Nakai has more leadership and Armor, so his entire 520 WS will hit while Throgg will just land his AP.

Idk these stats seems wierd, but hey

In normal battles I think Nakai will be better due to armor, but in 1v1 I think Throgg will win. Which I find a tad odd, as He has the same MA, higher MD and Bonus vs Large

• DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Posts: 2,865Registered Users
    I feel like, in TW at least, Throgg will win. He's got an anti-large bonus and his main ability i designed to target single entities. Nakai seems to be all about the infantry mosh pit, with abilities that buff allies and debuff enemies ina radius around him. That, and Nakai's animations are super disruptive, suggesting an intentional anti-infantry focus.
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 4,564Registered Users
    I always wonder why likes of Durthu or Kholek always get left out.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,324Registered Users
    Crossil said:

We try to supress memories of Tree Hitler teaming up with the Smash Daddy Supreme
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Posts: 2,865Registered Users
    Crossil said:

I think they're just in a different weight class. The way I see it going for melee lords is:

Foot lords --> cavalry lords --> monstrous infantry lords --> monstrous mount lords ---> monstrous lords.

Probably also a special category for hybrid caster lords.
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Posts: 402Registered Users
    It's really hard to answer these kind of questions. At the end of the day, it all goes down to personal preference and head canon i guess.

Grimgor, for example, is an incredibly skilled fighter. He's not a brute that swings wildly and randomy. He wields a magical axe that has virtually no wieght, and this allows him to fight with the strenght and vigour of a Black Orc Warboss, and the speed and dexerity of an elf at the same time. He's an unstoppable rage machine, that is also extremely skilled. That's what makes him so scary.
    He is a beast, he defeated the massive Greasus Goldtooth 1v1 and went toe to toe alone against a fully kitted Archeon in the End Times (forget about Storm of Chaos). After a very close fight, he lost when Archeon, in desperation, was forced to summon the massive demon from his sword. Grimgor was actually empowered by the lore of Beast at this point, but still (i know, i know... End Times stuff..).

One other big achievemnt of his, was basically depleting, unknowingly, the forces of Hellpit, before being bored of single handedly killing hordes upon hordes of rat ogres and leaving the place to go krump stuff elsewhere. He singlehandedly brought one of the Great Clans to its knees, without even knowing and wanting to.

He's become a bit of a meme now, and everybody keeps referencing his Storm of Chaos lulz action.
    But in truth, he's an absolutely a beast.

But then again, so are Nakai and Gor-Rok so..
    Uagrim said:

Foofight said:

Gor Roks shield took multiple kroxigors to lift.

I'm a massive Gor-Rok fan, but i see people constantly misquoting and misinterpreting his lore. It took dozens of Kroxigors to lift and carry the large chunk of meteorite from which his shield was then made, not to carry his shield per se.
    In other words, yes the shield is heavy and Gor-Rok is incredibly strong. But he doesn't have the strenght of a bunch of Kroxigors.