Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Knights of Morr ~ breaking news from Grace!

Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Posts: 1,320Registered Users

@Grace_CA thanks! o:)

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
- Gilead's Blood: 8/10
- Riders of the Dead: 9/10
- Empire in Chaos: 9/10
- Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
- Mark of Heresy: 7/10
- G&F: Trollslayer: 6.5/10
- G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
- G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
- G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
- G&F: Beastslayer: 8.5/10
- G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
- G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10
- The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade vol. one: 8.5/10
- Drachenfels: 6.5/10
- Genevìeve Undead: 7.5/10
- Silver Nails: 9.5/10

Comments

• NariacNariac Posts: 230Registered Users
  • zinsncabszinsncabs Posts: 618Registered Users
    I thought this might happen given the late revisions made to the Vamp Coast’s Sartosan Free Company unit.
    TEARS FOR THE SALT GOD !!! MODS FOR THE BUTHURT !!!
  • MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,099Registered Users
    All hail the mighty and beautiful Grace-sama! B)
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 3,037Registered Users
    edited September 4
    I wonder if we'll see the dismounted great sword variant depicted in the artwork.
    Very nice though!
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • Firkraag888Firkraag888 Posts: 1,428Registered Users
    Are they ROR or normal units?
  • KandennKandenn Posts: 419Registered Users
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,666Registered Users

I wonder if we'll see the dismounted great sword variant depicted in the artwork.
    Very nice though!

Yes please
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • NeoYasNeoYas Posts: 605Registered Users
    That would be great if they improve them.

• TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,523Registered Users

They are "Regiments of Renown", which is inconsistent with the Knights of the Blazing Sun.
    Tayvar said:

They are "Regiments of Renown", which is inconsistent with the Knights of the Blazing Sun.
    And makes no sense. They are an entire order and both can and do field whole armies
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
    Tayvar said:

They need to be changed to normal then

Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Let the Games Begin!
  • eomateomat Junior Member Posts: 847Registered Users
    @Grace_CA thank you for trying! All we need is Unique shields and Helms.
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Posts: 2,164Registered Users

Tayvar said:

They just sayed in the livestream you can recruit them multiple times, they look like rors but you can recruit more than 1.
  • Ice_creamIce_cream Posts: 720Registered Users

Very nice though!

Even if it look cool, that is a fan art, not an official artwork (funny thing is the artist take the in-game Knights of Blazing Sun as inspiration). If I remember correctly, Knights of Morr use halberds when they are on foot, not greatswords.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,830Registered Users
    That said according to the wiki(I know, not the most trustworthy source) they are mentioned as using grestswords when mounted.

Tayvar said:

They just sayed in the livestream you can recruit them multiple times, they look like rors but you can recruit more than 1.
    Nice
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,253Registered Users

Tayvar said:

To be fair it is hard to get consistent information from what happened during the stream if you didn't watch it yourself.
  • BiesBies Junior Member Posts: 1,724Registered Users
    good news !

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• KandennKandenn Posts: 419Registered Users

Tayvar said:

For real ? Oh that's cool !
  • steph74steph74 Junior Member Posts: 1,011Registered Users
    Greatswords when mounting, halberd on foot... like this?

• DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 5,798Registered Users
    edited September 4
    Krunch said:

That said according to the wiki(I know, not the most trustworthy source) they are mentioned as using grestswords when mounted.

Can confirm. It's from the Tome of Salvation (2ed Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay), p203:

"The Black Guard fight from the backs of mighty, black warhorses similarly clad in barding made from black lacquer or obsidian. When mounted, they fight with huge greatswords and warhammers that glint silver as they smite their foes. The Black Guard cannot always fight from horseback, especially when standing guard or pursuing their enemies into tombs or crypts, and when on foot often use wicked-looking halberds."
  • EarthDragonEarthDragon Posts: 137Registered Users

Tayvar said:

Thanks for piping in.

Sometimes we need to pump the breaks with the reactions, in particular the rage. I know it’s all the craze these days, but it’s often over nothing
    edited September 4

Tayvar said:

Thanks for the clarification, very nice
    I havent watched the streams yet. :(
    Hope you weren't meaning to be rude

Let the Games Begin!
    Ice_cream said:

Very nice though!

Even if it look cool, that is a fan art, not an official artwork (funny thing is the artist take the in-game Knights of Blazing Sun as inspiration). If I remember correctly, Knights of Morr use halberds when they are on foot, not greatswords.
    Ohhhh, thanks :lol:
    I wasn't sure if it was official or not. (Thats why I refrained from calling it official artwork)
    Thanks for the clarification.

I really thought they did use greatswords though. I suppose it's only when they are mounted?

I'd love to have em either way, but I dont want to commit lore heresy.

Let the Games Begin!

Tayvar said:

Thanks for piping in.

Sometimes we need to pump the breaks with the reactions, in particular the rage. I know it’s all the craze these days, but it’s often over nothing
    What rage?

Let the Games Begin!
  • EarthDragonEarthDragon Posts: 137Registered Users

Tayvar said:

Thanks for piping in.

What rage?
    Have you not been in the forums the last couple days? There has been some entertaining rants and meltdowns bro!
  • AbmongAbmong Posts: 1,007Registered Users
    Make those CA artists/modellers earn their pay :p no but seriously >:)
    Total War: Warhammer IV - Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Khuresh (+ Lost Vampire Bloodlines, Monkey kingdom DLC) :#
  • WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,912Registered Users

Tayvar said:

I'm SOOOOO relieved by this. Finally I can crusade against the Hordes of Sylvania with armies of black clad knights.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,253Registered Users
    Wyvax said:

Tayvar said:

I'm SOOOOO relieved by this. Finally I can crusade against the Hordes of Sylvania with armies of black clad knights.
    Well after they do the promised rework of their visuals
  • Ice_creamIce_cream Posts: 720Registered Users

Wyvax said:

Tayvar said:

Well after they do the promised rework of their visuals
    I'm quite sure that they didn't promise anything. Just that they will take a look on the subjet, but no changes promised.