Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

So, CA, Any Plans to Improve Campaign Pacing (Other Than With Caps)?

2»

Comments

• Cody_811Cody_811 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 90
    I agree about cash flow and the ease of expansion via conquering on CA's end, but I would recommend checking out some of the great mods out there to bring unit caps to your campaigns.
  • BereaverBereaver Registered Users Posts: 716
    I would love to see corruption mechanic from 3K implemented in WH III in some form. It is a nice way to limit the landgrabbing early game, encourage growing tall and lower the difference between big and small empires.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 3,624
    It's just seriously thought provoking that some people are furiously against caps. They don't even know what sort of caps it will be, or whether it will be optional. I bet most haven't even tried any caps mod from workshop.

My guess would be that it will be either optional, or kept to higher difficulty levels when it's initially implemented sooner or later. Then prejudice will slowly die as people start to try it. But until then muh freedom to spam Pigeons Dragons...

• Aram_theheadAram_thehead Registered Users Posts: 1,005
    Maybe having the supply lines upkeep go up depending on the number of units of the same kind instead of the number of armies would be good.

Say you have 1 spearmen. The second will cost 1.15 times the first. This way you'll be encouraged to recruit another unit.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 22,894
    Caps are fixing a problem by applying that exact problem. So it's logical they're not coming.

I assume CA will continue to work on ME.
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!
  • Firkraag888Firkraag888 Registered Users Posts: 1,428
    I agree with op please introduce caps CA im sick of my campaign ending at turn 100 due to pure boredom
  • MalalTheRenegadeMalalTheRenegade Registered Users Posts: 316
    edited September 2019
    IMO, this would do the job :

- Rework of the supply lines, the upkeep and the recruitement costs (there is something to do here but for now I can't only think about changing some figures)

- Balance of the Doomstacking AI (with for instance an evolving unit cap : the AI can't recruit more "special" units than a quarter of the number of "regular" units)

- Better Garrisons : not as strong as in GH but enough for a skilled player to win a 1 "regular" army vs 1 small town -tier3 - garrison (no matter which one he controls). Limit the snowballing effect but also compensate the fact that you have fewer armies.

- Random rebellion events for big empires : Rebellions doesn't occur only when you have a bad management of your empire. Also, I think we feel a bit too safe in our territory.
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,041
    Jycce said:

- Random rebellion events for big empires : Rebellion doesn't occur only when you have a bad management of your empire. Also, I think we feel a bit too safe in our territory.

Could you give an example of one? Cause at the moment it sounds like more magically spawning stacks in the middle of your empire. Not exactly a fav of that.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,880

Jycce said:

- Random rebellion events for big empires : Rebellion doesn't occur only when you have a bad management of your empire. Also, I think we feel a bit too safe in our territory.

Could you give an example of one? Cause at the moment it sounds like more magically spawning stacks in the middle of your empire. Not exactly a fav of that.
    Perhaps something like "Beastmen are building up in the Drakwald" or "Greenskins are pouring through Black Fire Pass". Gives you time to mobilize defenses or maybe launch an attack to cut off the head before it grows too strong.

This way you don't get surprised doomstacked.

Still has other issues to deal with though.
  • MalalTheRenegadeMalalTheRenegade Registered Users Posts: 316
    Nemox said:

Jycce said:

Perhaps something like "Beastmen are building up in the Drakwald" or "Greenskins are pouring through Black Fire Pass". Gives you time to mobilize defenses or maybe launch an attack to cut off the head before it grows too strong.

This way you don't get surprised doomstacked.

Still has other issues to deal with though.
    @GingerRoeBro

This ^ is exactly what I was thinking about. With maybe a choice during the event : "Send scouts" (Gives you the opportunity to now where and when the army is going to spawn/attack or to launch an early attack but lower the public order in the region concerned - people are afraid because the rumor spreads), "Don't care about the threat" (No public order penalties but you know nothing)