Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA constructive cristism balancing on The hunter and the Beast before release.

Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 669Registered Users
edited September 6 in Total War General Chat
So CA we already noticed some stuff that need to be changed on the newest DLC. great DLC by the way great price i think this is the strongest and most balanced DLC since Tomb Kings. however in the community some have found some things that need could be tweaked most are empire related.

Archer->Crossbows differentiation- So the Archers are like lower tier and we know we just replace for the strongest units to there needs to be differentiation between the two to make them usefull.
Posible fixes
1-Archers and Crossbow men have the same speed? i think the Archer since they are not wearing armor or the heavier crossbow should have more speed something in the lines of 36 Speed, same speed as the Free Company militia.it should make them more useful and still playable in later games.

Dread Saurian cap- Good job! i would say about 75% agree whit the decision.

Razorbacks- many on videos and from what we seen on stats the Razorbacks look pretty weak and salamander it's a better choice. Salamander are my favorite unit of last DLC love them. but there needs to be some tweaking.
Possible fixes
1- Make them way cheaper to salamanders.
2- Buff them a bit (i don't recommend)
3- Salamander right now are good against everything, differentiate their roles more make Salamander strictly Anti Large and Razorbacks strictly anti infantry.

Empire Lords buffs- i am pretty sure you will show us this when we are ready, but many want to know if the generals got a buff, and lord in general i agree they were a bit weak against WH2 races.

Mortars-Vs Mortar Wagons- they seem to make mortar obsolete.... i think the Mortar should be more powerful than the wagon one. i think this is the only unit i am not crazy about, seem to break the balance.

Kroxigor- i think this is my personal opinion that the Kroxigors should be differentiated a bit, sacred one like upgraded version, make one anti large and another one Anti infantry?

Slann recolor-Some fan have mention a color change of the Slann representing their new lore by color example Slann of Life-Green Slann of Fire-Red etc.

Other than that i love this Empire update and i love the lizardmen choice. i said will not buy more DLC until i see balance changes and i must agree that the capping of some units its the firt's step, and its making my hand tremble on the steam store page.

Post edited by Unknown6203 on

Comments

• OrkLadsOrkLads Posts: 1,039Registered Users
    When I have a reaction like this before I've got my hands on anything, my missus calls it premature ejaculation.
  • Black_PhillipBlack_Phillip Posts: 422Registered Users
    OrkLads said:

When I have a reaction like this before I've got my hands on anything, my missus calls it premature ejaculation.

No harm in discussing it.

@Unknown6203 Duck told me that razordons have been buffed since early access. I don't know about the other units.
  • AsamuAsamu Posts: 474Registered Users

Razorbacks- many on videos and from what we seen on stats the Razorbacks look pretty weak and salamander it's a better choice. Salamander are my favorite unit of last DLC love them. but there needs to be some tweaking.
    Possible fixes
    1- Make them cheaper to salamanders.
    3- Salamander right now are good against everything, differentiate their roles more make Salamander strictly Anti Large and Razorbacks strictly anti infantry.

They do cost 50 less than salamanders, but even with that, the difference in shooting seems like it'll be a bit much unless the Razordons have really high accuracy. I'll probably mod both units to behave more like the TT versions for single-player (More but weaker projectiles and anti-large for razordons, and flamethrower attack with the irondrake animation for salamanders).
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 725Registered Users

So CA we already noticed some stuff that need to be changed on the newest DLC. great DLC by the way great price i think this is the strongest and most balanced DLC since Tomb Kings. however in the community some have found some things that need could be tweaked most are empire related.

Archer->Crossbows differentiation- So the Archers are like lower tier and we know we just replace for the strongest units to there needs to be differentiation between the two to make them usefull.
    Posible fixes
    1-Archers and Crossbow men have the same speed? i think the Archer since they are not wearing armor or the heavier crossbow should have more speed something in the lines of 36 Speed, same speed as the Free Company militia.it should make them more useful and still playable in later games.

Possible fixes

Empire Lords buffs- i am pretty sure you will show us this when we are ready, but many want to know if the generals got a buff, and lord in general i agree they were a bit weak against WH2 races.

Mortars-Vs Mortar Wagons- they seem to make mortar obsolete.... i think the Mortar should be more powerful than the wagon one. i think this is the only unit i am not crazy about, seem to break the balance.

Kroxigor- i think tis is my personal opinion that the Kroxigors should be differentiated a bit, sacred one like upgraded version, make one anti large and another one Anti infantry?

Other than that i love this Empire update and i love the lizardmen choice. i said will not buy more DLC until i see balance changes and i must agree that the capping of some units its the firt's step, and its making my hand tremble on the steam store page.

The stationary mortars have more ammunition then the Wagon mortars

• OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 2,878Registered Users
    Bonutz619 said:

Posible fixes

Possible fixes

Kroxigor- i think tis is my personal opinion that the Kroxigors should be differentiated a bit, sacred one like upgraded version, make one anti large and another one Anti infantry?

The stationary mortars have more ammunition then the Wagon mortars
    And they're cheaper.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Posts: 376Registered Users

Posible fixes

Possible fixes

Razordons are meant to be armor-piercing anti-large, so the roles need to be reversed. Razordons are big game hunters, they hunt large prey and large predators in Lustria fear them. Salamander hunting pack should be the anti-infantry, if anything.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Posts: 1,208Registered Users
    Razordons could also use CDvL for obvious reasons.

Posible fixes

Possible fixes

Razordons are meant to be armor-piercing anti-large, so the roles need to be reversed. Razordons are big game hunters, they hunt large prey and large predators in Lustria fear them. Salamander hunting pack should be the anti-infantry, if anything.
    Agreed, Salamanders should have been a flamethrower unit.

Razordons are supposed to be Anti Large, and fire a spray similar to Chosen of the God's Ushabti RoR

• ystyst Posts: 5,679Registered Users
    Absolutely pointless talk without knowing price

Do u even know how much they costs?
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
    Unit stats compare courtesy of Seal62 https://total-war-unit-compare.herokuapp.com/
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Posts: 7,228Registered Users
    yst said:

there was a vod of its cost, i think they are 900 or 950
    yst said:

We know that the people criticizing them are MP players and are probably taking Price into consideration.

Reguardless the biggest problem is that they do mostly the same thing as the salamanders and we all knew that was going to happen when they released the salamanders not doing what they are supposed to be doing.

• ystyst Posts: 5,679Registered Users
    edited September 6
    Accuracy looks bad, its like bloody handcannons. Spread seems to have a wide area as well for those razordons.

They also have very dif arc and knockback strength than salamanders. Its way early to tell. These kind of things r always a post dlc patching.

For the archers they are 2 ap which is really shocking. They should by knowledge the ONLY missile unit with 2ap apart from peasant fire bow, which itself is a variant and not original base variant.

Which brings to the question, are all those garbage 1ap archers, goblins, ungors, skellies now all 2ap?!
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
    Unit stats compare courtesy of Seal62 https://total-war-unit-compare.herokuapp.com/
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,323Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Constructive criticism on something not released yet?

OK? Yeah, right.....

Let's do this in a more appropriate area, then perhaps try again later, after the update is released and we "actually" know what we are working with.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • KirkwaldKirkwald Posts: 51Registered Users
    They should have honestly increased the range of archers by like 30 points or so. There is literally no point in using them if you're not Wulfhart. Also, does anyone know what their firing rate is compared to crossbowmen? If they shoot faster, that can more than make up for their low base damage, considering they have no AP at all.