Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Empire Offices system question.

ReprotoxicReprotoxic Registered Users Posts: 131
With "The Empire Undivided Update" the old Empire offices has been removed. So my question is: does Balthasar Gelt lose access to his "Supreme Patriarch" title and effects? For example before he is given the office he is just Balthasar Gelt, but afterwards Supreme Patriarch is added to his name. Is that gone?

Comments

• yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 3,709
    The effects of the office is gone, but he is still the supreme patriarch, and he should still have his trait and normal lord effects. I don't think he will get the name tag anymore, but most characters don't have their titles as part of their name anyway.
  • MalalTheRenegadeMalalTheRenegade Registered Users Posts: 424
    I guess so. But you don't really need that to know that he is the Supreme Patriarch (there isn't any title next to KF name and he is still the Emperor).

About the effects : His faction effects probably includes them.
  • eomateomat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,055
    I really hope they add his title to his name. Same for Markus Wulfhart. Empire Titles are just too cool.
  • ReprotoxicReprotoxic Registered Users Posts: 131
    eomat said:

I really hope they add his title to his name. Same for Markus Wulfhart. Empire Titles are just too cool.

Yeah seeing his title is always cool.
  • VemberVember Registered Users Posts: 103
    Wait, so the offices are just removed instead of being reworked? That sucks, I really enjoyed that mechanic.
  • sandercohensandercohen Registered Users Posts: 276
    Vember said:

Wait, so the offices are just removed instead of being reworked? That sucks, I really enjoyed that mechanic.

Really? It was one of the blandest and most unimaginative mechanics in the entire game. Hope it will get reworked for VP and WE as well.
  • IlyandirIlyandir Registered Users Posts: 229

Vember said:

Really? It was one of the blandest and most unimaginative mechanics in the entire game. Hope it will get reworked for VP and WE as well.
    I agree that on it's own it was bland as the only unique Empire mechanic. Actually, yes, in practice it was close to awful given a lot of the buffs were naff.

That said, I'd still prefer they kept it, just tweaked the buffs. In coordination with the new Empire changes it's nothing to sniff at, provided some tweaks were made. Nonetheless, I'm very glad about the new additions and look forward to playing the Empire.
    I can bend minds with my spoon.
  • BrightestLightBrightestLight Registered Users Posts: 547
    yeah i agree, i wish they'd keep it and tweak it IN ADDITION to adding the elector counts/provinces system
  • VemberVember Registered Users Posts: 103

Vember said:

Yes, but there was a fantastic mod that reworked it into multiple offices with different effects and I really enjoyed that moreso than the vanilla implementation, but to just completely do away with it... :/