Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How could Nagash be added to the Total War: Warhammer Trilogy?

Akrid_Hunter10Akrid_Hunter10 Registered Users Posts: 4
How Nagash could be added to the Total War: Warhammer Trilogy, either as a DLC character in Total War: Warhammer II, or as a main or DLC character in Total War: Warhammer III. He wasn't in the Rise of the Tomb Kings DLC but that doesn't rule out the fact that he can still be added in Total War: Warhammer II, because with The Hunter & The Beast DLC a new Empire faction is being added, but the Empire is only playable in Total War: Warhammer, and in Mortal Empires, not in the Eye of the Vortex. This how how he could be played if added into Total War: Warhammer II and Mortal Empires, or in Total War: Warhammer III's A Very Big Campaign. I think Nagash will be similar to a Rogue Army with a mix of units from different races.

Factions: The Legions of Nagash with Nagash as the faction leader, and Nagashizzar as the capital. Azhag the Slaughterer should also receive his own faction due to his unique relation with Nagash. The Legions of Nagash should start in a province contested with a minor Skaven Faction. When player controlled The Legions of Nagash should start at war with this faction, but when AI controlled they should have a non-aggression pact and trade agreement between each other.

Legendary Lords: Nagash is the only Legendary Lord available at the start, but what if we made Legendary Lords work in a unique way for The Legions of Nagash. The Legions of Nagash should gain Legendary Lords from other factions. After destroying The Barrow Legion, Krell should be unlocked as a Legendary Lord. But if The Barrow Legion was destroyed by another faction, then The Legions of Nagash would have to occupy Blackstone Post in order to gain Krell. Same should work with all Legendary Lords, and Faction Leaders, of all Vampire Count factions (Besides Heinrich Kemmler), and Vampire Coast factions. Arkhan the Black would be the only Legendary Lord able to be gained from the Tomb Kings. The Vampire Counts Bloodline Vampire Lords, The Tomb Kings Dynasty Lords, and the The Vampire Coast Legendary Admirals could also be gained, or not.

Lords & Heroes: The Legion of Nagash should have Morghasts as their Lords. Morghast Harbingers armed with blades and Morghast Archai armed with halberds. As only a being as powerful as Nagash has the ability to raise them, it is very fitting for them to be the lords, and can explain the limited amount of armies available, due to their limited numbers and the amount of magic required to raise them. The Legion of Nagash should have access to all Vampire Count, Vampire Coast, and Tomb King Heroes with some new additions.

Armies: The Legions of Nagash should be limited by the number of armies able to fielded when player controlled. After occupying key settlements (The Black Pyramid of Nagash, Castle Drakenhof, etc.) 2 or more armies should be able to be fielded. All Tomb King style, Vampire Coasts style, and Vampire Count settlements should increase the number of armies by one. If the max numbers if armies have been reached and one of the settlements that increase the number of armies is lost than, one of the armies controlled by a Morghast or the Legendary Lord gained from that settlement should start taking attrition until that settlement is reclaimed or the army is destroyed.

Goals: Control all provinces in Nehekhara, Vampire Coast, and Sylvania. Control Nagashizzar, Altdorf, Castle Drakenhof, Blackstone Post, Mousillon, The Awakening, Galleon's Graveyard, Sartosa, Khemri, Lahmia, The Black Tower of Arkhan, and The Black Pyramid of Nagash. Destroy or vassalize all Tomb King factions. Destroy, Vassalize, or have a military alliance with all Vampire Count factions, Vampire Coast factions, and Azhag the Slaughterer. And Collect the Books of Nagash, besides the Ninth Book held by Arkhan the Black, unless the Followers of Nagash is destroyed and another Faction has the book. Destroy all Skaven factions, The Barrow Legion, and The Empire.

Diplomacy: Only Vampire Count factions, Vampire Coast factions, The Followers of Nagash, Azhag the Slaughterer, and Greenskin Tribes with vampiric influence will have positive attitudes with the Legions of Nagash. All other factions will have negative attitudes.

Buildings: The Legions of Nagash should have a mix of Tomb King buildings, Vampire Count buidlings, and Vampire Coast buildings. Tomb King settlements should allow Tomb King buildings, all port settlements should allow Vampire Coasts/Tomb Kings or Vampire Coasts/Vampire Counts buildings, island settlements(Sartosa, Albion, Galleon's Graveyard) should allow Vampire Coast Buildings and all other settlements allow Vampire Count buildings. All special buildings and landmarks available to the Tomb Kings, Vampire Counts, and Vampire Coasts factions should be constructed able by the Legion of Nagash. The AI controlled Legions of Nagash after acquiring a port settlement unlock the ability to create Pirate Coves, The player controlled Legions of Nagash unlockes Pirates Coves by completing the Vampire Coast Research Tree.

Unit Rooster: The Legion of Nagash should have a unit rooster mix of Tomb King units, Vampire Counts units, and the Vampire Coast units with some new additions(Zombie Dragons). Tomb King settlements allow recruitment of Tomb King units, port settlements allow recruitment of Vampire Coast/Vampire Counts units or Vampire Coast/Tomb King units, Island settlements(Sartosa, Albion, Galleon's Graveyard) should allow recruitment of Vampire Coasts units and all other settlements allow Vampire Counts units.

Raise Dead: In Nehekhara you can only raise Tomb King units, in coastal regions you can raise a mix of Vampire Coasts/Vampire Counts units or Vampire Coasts/Tomb Kings units depending where you are, when in the seas and on Islands only Vampire Coasts units, and everywhere else Vampire Counts units.

Player Controlled: When controlled by the player the Legions of Nagash should start with one army controlled by Nagash, have a military alliance with the Followers of Nagash, and be at war with a minor Skaven clan that is contesting the starting province. The military alliance the Followers of Nagash won't be of put use at first due to the distance between factions and could end up being no use at all, but could be a valuable ally during the conquest of Nehekhara. The player starts with weak Vampire Counts and Tomb King units but will unlock stronger units through research. Weak Vampire Coast units are first available for recruitment after occupying a port settlement, and the research tree to unlock stronger Vampire Coast units becomes unlocked.

AI Controlled: Should have Nagash arrive similar to the Warriors of Chaos, arriving in stages. but his arrival should be preventable or delayed by occupying or razing Nagashizzar before his arrival. The stages could work like this:

Stage 0: The Legions of Nagash only control Nagashizzar and have 3-5 armies that guard their capital. No diplomatic options can be made besides declare war, and peace treaty.

Stage 1: The Arrival of Nagash is war against all Tomb King factions, the new minor Skaven faction, and the invasion of Nehekhara. All Vampire Counts, Vampire Coasts factions, and player controlled Azhag the Slaughterer, and Followers of Nagash are asked if they want to join Nagash. if accepted diplomacy is unlocked for Nagash, if declined nothing happens. AI controlled Followers of Nagash, and Necrarch Brotherhood should always become vassals, but Azhag the Slaughterer, Vampire Counts, Vampire Coasts, and Greenskin Tribes with vampiric influence factions should have a random chance to remain independent, AI controlled Barrow Legion should always declare war on Nagash. All Tomb Kings Factions should get an effect similar to the Shield of Civilization.

Stage 2: War against all non Vampire Counts and Vampire Coasts factions that start in the Old World. (Empire, Kislev, Dwarfs, Bretonnia, Wood Elves, Greenskins, etc.)

Stage 3: War against all non Vampire Counts and Vampire Coasts factions in the world. (High Elves, Dark Elves, etc.)

Stage 4: War against all Vampire Counts and Vampire Coasts factions that did not side with Nagash.

Delaying or Preventing Nagash's Arrival: If you occupy or raze Nagashizzar you can prevent his arrival, however, if a Legion of Nagash uprising retakes Nagashizzar can Nagash could still arrive in the world or, the Followers of Nagash, Vampire Counts, Vampire Coasts, or Azhag the Slaughterer can occupy Nagashizzar and after completing a special building chain, summon Nagash under their control.

So what do all of you think? What are your thoughts about this idea, or what are you thoughts or hopes about how or if they will add Nagash in Total War: Warhammer III?

Comments

• SaborSabor Registered Users Posts: 555
    That is not bad, I like it a lot. Personally I would not mind if they implemented the end times route (as it was probably the best end times book). My suggestion is you could start off with neferata or if you own tomb kings you could start with Arkhan or even game 1 Mannfred. You have an overarching world goal of collecting artifacts and slaying key npcs to resurrect Nagash.

Once achieved you get Nagash as a playable Legendary Lord and you can go out into the world and subjugate any undead faction you come across while eventually defeating chaos. The rest of your ideas are very solid and thank you for all the links.
  • Akrid_Hunter10Akrid_Hunter10 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Sabor said:

That is not bad, I like it a lot. Personally I would not mind if they implemented the end times route (as it was probably the best end times book). My suggestion is you could start off with neferata or if you own tomb kings you could start with Arkhan or even game 1 Mannfred. You have an overarching world goal of collecting artifacts and slaying key npcs to resurrect Nagash.

Once achieved you get Nagash as a playable Legendary Lord and you can go out into the world and subjugate any undead faction you come across while eventually defeating chaos. The rest of your ideas are very solid and thank you for all the links.

I wished Nagash would of been available after you completed the Followers of Nagash campaign. It would of gave a proper ending to their campaign. Arkhan the Black's goal is to resurrect Nagash, that is why he is collecting the Books of Nagash and taking the Black Pyramid of Nagash.
  • Aman3712Aman3712 Registered Users Posts: 592
    It probably wont happen, but my hope is that CA will give Nagash's faction a roster of completely new/original units, on top of his Morghasts XD
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,770
    An entirely new race for Nagash would of course be amazing!

More realistically, I see him being added via a VC cross over DLC with a few new units but mostly the VC/TK units and an entirely different campaign mechanic set.

Regardless of how they do it.... I really really hope they bring in Dread Abyssals with him. Those look so damn cool!!!!
  • Wurrzag456Wurrzag456 Registered Users Posts: 7
    Sabor said:

Sabor said:

What if you have a list of objectives like:
    Defeat azhag (crown of Nagash)
    Capture, sack or raze Lothern (everchild)
    Defeat the fay enchantress and Volkmar
    Capture the black pyramid
    Finally destroy an skaven faction
    ( fellblade)
    These challenges would probably make up for the fact that Nagash is incredibly powerful
  • humility925humility925 Registered Users Posts: 170
    I think Nagash goal is turn world of living into world of undead, but I don't think vampire like that, as vampire depend on living to stay alive, due blood, if all human die, so was vampire, as no more blood, that's why vampire count keep number of vampire down while encourage humankind number go up.
  • Overlord87Overlord87 Registered Users Posts: 871
    I would like to see a sort of "end times" DLC only mildly related to GW end times that allows you to:

- play Nagash as a special undead faction with a specific story-driven campaign
    - when not playing as Nagash, you can select in the starting screen a set of end-times events (the standard chaos invasion, but also a vermintide, a huge waagh invasion, Nagash, etc.) and you can activate or deactivate any number of them depending on how hard you want your campaign to be
  • LolTHELolLolTHELol Registered Users Posts: 1,081
    I do want Nagash Faction to be able to assimilate other undead LLs into his faction and by doing so to get not just those willing LLs but also some of their faction units.

However, I also want him to start with few more LLs; namely Neferata (unless she gets added to Vampires in a LP) and the Nameless.
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 1,132
    A separate End of Times campaign and not in the main game please.

I'm still annoyed about the White Dwarfs not being like the Green Knight.
  • TorakTorak Registered Users Posts: 792

He's going to be in the 3rd game either as dlc or flc accept it thiers too many epilogue hints of him vampire pirate's &arkham & hes too important a character to leave out
    Team skaven
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,632
    I think Nagash should be available to all undead races. Nagash can be just endgame threat with mix of all undead units. Something like Sarthorael for Warriors of Chaos. If you defeat him. He will join to your army with his morghasts units. Only Arkhan the Black should have easier access to him.
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 10,376
    edited September 2019
    It has already been prophesized in Harkon's epilogue that there will come yet greater dominion of undeath far surpassing that of the von Carstein fiefdom so suffice to say game 3 and it's gonna be BIG. I am all for a 4th undead race.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 1,132
    Torak said:

He's going to be in the 3rd game either as dlc or flc accept it thiers too many epilogue hints of him vampire pirate's &arkham & hes too important a character to leave out
    You may well be right but I don't have to like it!
  • Federykx99Federykx99 Registered Users Posts: 562
    edited September 2019
    Nagash will not come in game 2 but it will probably come in game 3, along with kdaii and all the others that have been hinted.

That being said a "Nagash" faction with all invented units would be a waste. He's fine as endgame threat or mixed undead faction, with units from all the other undead factions plus his one original unit and his generals.