Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

"The Master and The Moulder" Lord Pack

SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Posts: 1,173Registered Users
edited September 9 in General Discussion

Grimm Burloksson

Grimm Burloksson is the son of "Burlok Damminson", the current leader of the Dwarven Engineers Guild and he clearly takes after his father in his genius and ingenuity, as Grimm was the Youngest Dwarf ever to reach the Rank of master in the Engineers Guild. Even as a Beardling, he had already constructed a self-lighting pipe, a steam powered Beard Braider and a double-barrelled shotgun which has the capacity to kill half a dozen Greenskins in a single shot.

Grimm is something of a rebel, like his father was in his youth, caring little for trying to make mundane improvements to inventions that have existed over a millennia and instead striking out in new and exciting directions and try to revitalise the industry and creativity of his people. He uses many of his inventions himself to aid him in battle: he wears a helmet with a lens attached that is able to magnify ones vision many times over; He fashioned a mechanical gauntlet for himself that increases his strength significantly; he always carries his shotgun and the cogs on his back are actually a weapon that he wields in melee.

To this day Grimm can often be found within the equally rebellious and inventive guild of Zhufbar where he continues to subvert his peoples traditions and ignore the warnings of his father and peers; striking out through trial and error in new and exciting directions.

Throt the Unclean

Throt is one of the most Twisted, repulsive and yet ingenious Master Mutators of Clan Moulder and has exploited his success, to position himself as one of the nine Lords of Hell Pit. A life time of experimenting with Warpstone has certainly taken its toll on Throt: bones protrude from his spine like giant spikes, he has sprouted a third arm and his frame has bloated almost to the point of obesity. Over the course of several experiments on himself, he has rapidly sped up his metabolism such that he requires constant nourishment, equal to 4 times his body weight a day, and gluttonously crams tremendous amounts of food into his face whenever he has a free arm with which to do so.

Despite his insanity and deprived appearance: Throt is one of the most gifted creator’s clan Moulder has yet seen. Constantly finding new applications for Alchemical ingredients, capturing immense and exotic beasts and creating some of the largest and most powerful Rat Ogres that have ever been birthed from the tunnels of Hell Pit: the Stormfiend's.

Premise

The bulk of the Dwarfs remaining units are Slayer related and yet, we already have a Slayer Legendary Lord and are in desperate need of a Runelord and Master Engineer Lord.

Based on what we know of Grimm, his adventurous nature and disregard for his peoples traditions could lead him to seek out new places and reconnect with others of his race who have long since been cut off; in an attempt to learn from them and perhaps try to prove his peers that stagnation is not the way to advance the Dawi into the future.

However, a known rogue Engineer like Grimm, approaching a Dwarven throng with grand ideas of rediscovering the old holds while they still have Greenskins in their back garden would be laughed out of the throne rooms of every king in the Karaz Anchor.

So instead, Grimm travels a stones-throw away from his workshop in Zhufbar to the Slayer Keep of Karak Kadrin, where he finds recruits in abundance, whose feet itch and beards tingle at the prospect of this insane crusade.

Meanwhile the wretched Skaven of Hellpit plot the destruction of the Dwarfs and their Man thing allies. As Grimm sets out on his crusade he will eventually come face to face with the full terror of the Beasts of Hellpit.

and so we get our Line-up

The Dwarf Roster

Legendary Lord

Legendary Hero (also an Engineer)

Malakai's Mount

Generic Lord and Hero (these could come in a minor update similar to the Slann)

Lord Pack Units

The Skaven Roster

Legendary Lord

Legendary Hero

And / or

Master Moulder Mount option (Someone Mentioned it could use the Dread Saurian Rig)

Generic Lord and Hero

Clan Moulder Units

Or Perhaps....something a little...more?

Start positions

Vortex (Swap Moulder With Eshen):

Mortal Empires:

Throt the Unclean:

Grimm Burloksson:

Faction Mechanics and Summery

Unfortunately I don't think this pack would lend itself to the unique and deep mechanics introduced in the head to head between Wulfhart and Nakai (I would love for as many future DLC's as possible to be as interesting as the Hunter and the Beast) this would be more in line with "the Prophet and the Warlock", where the rivalry is downplayed, with both lords having unique mechanics that are more self contained.

Throt the Unclean Faction Mechanics:

Mutation Laboratory / Beastpit
Similar to Ikit's Workshop, Trot could get his Laboratory, where he is able to create armoured and augmented rat ogres through the upgrades. If we get Stormfiend's then this should require collaboration with Ikit Claw to unlock (Via a quest or confederation).

The Black Hunger
His mutations have heightened his metabolism to the point where he has to eat constantly to sustain himself:

- Throts playstyle is hyper aggressive because he struggles so much with food as a faction (producing less via buildings and more via Eating captives post battle)

- Throt has a Personal hunger Gage similar to the WAAAGH! (though less forgiving). If the hunger drops below a certain point then his army will begin to suffer attrition as Throt resorts to consuming his allies. Alternatively, you could sacrifice a whole unit, destroying it by having Throt eat it; this would raise your hunger Gage above the threshold for a short time, giving you the opportunity to get back on track.

Grimm Burloksson Faction Mechanics:

The Great Workshop of Zhufbar:
Grimm could also benefit from a workshop mechanic of a similar kind.

- Instead of creating new units (Like Throt) Grimm would be able to offer upgrades that also change the look of his units (Like Ikit), giving telescope lenses to his missile units, creating explosive Crossbow ammunition, power gauntlets similar to his own for his melee units and so on.

- This could be a good excise to include Dwarf lords with different kinds of weapons: let him craft weapons for his lords like Crossbows, Handguns, great weapons etc that when equipped: change what they wield in battle.

Death before Dishonour!
Although he's a bit of a maverick, Grimm knows his actions have consequences. as much as he desires to innovate and advance his people to a new golden age, he is acutely aware that many great engineers before him (Sven the Magnificent, Jorek Grimm and even his own father) have trod on one too many beards and ended up gravely wounded or banished from the Karaz Anchor for all time.

- Grimm has some kind of Honour bar that shows how in or out of favour he is within the Karaz Anchor

- Creating innovations in the workshop damages your relations to the other Dwarf factions among other Debuff's (Public order Penalties)

- In order to raise your standing and counter any debuff's you may incur, you have to complete missions for the other Dwarven holds (Defend them, defeat their enemies and potentially make contact with the Dwarfs of Kraka Drak and bring them back into the fold)

- Maxing out your standing with other Dwarfs unlocks buffs and allows for confederation.

Let me know what you think and lets here what you want from the next DLC :)
Post edited by SeanJeanquoi on

Comments

• SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Posts: 1,173Registered Users
    P.S. Sorry @Bies , I kind of stole your format here >.<
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 6,834Registered Users
    Greedy!

Dwarfs already got a revamp.

Woodies, Beasties, and Greenies all still need some love first.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 2,999Registered Users
    I think they would at least consider giant rats before wolf rats. Or they might go heavier into it just to make the Moulder building line more of its own thing. Giant rats -> Wolf Rats -> Brood Horror, starting with giant rats at rank one of the building and distributing those and of course the rat ogres through out the other tiers.
  • BiesBies Junior Member Posts: 1,702Registered Users

P.S. Sorry @Bies , I kind of stole your format here >.<</p>

do not worry about that ;)

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

edited September 9
    @Itharus

CA stated that there is no rework with the Next DLC and that they have no plans in the near future to do DLC for DLC :'(
  • humility925humility925 Posts: 33Registered Users
    So beast and hunter is last dlc?
  • NeverBackDownNeverBackDown Senior Member Posts: 1,817Registered Users
    Itharus said:

Greedy!

Dwarfs already got a revamp.

Woodies, Beasties, and Greenies all still need some love first.

The next DLC won't have a rework. So it makes sense for an already done faction to get some DLC.
  • FredenFreden Senior Member Posts: 294Registered Users
    edited September 9
  • FredenFreden Senior Member Posts: 294Registered Users
    Could very well be so since no old faction rework

+ a gold star for presentation :)
  • AkiAmazAkiAmaz Posts: 206Registered Users
    I reckon the title could be right but I think more likely to be DE v Skaven, taking place in Naggaroth and involving beast hunts as opposed to the control the vortex campaign.

Then Grim v Paunch.

Then, dunno.

Well presented though OP. Good stuff.
    edited September 9
    @AkiAmaz

I was Considering Beastmaster Rakath as well but then it might as well not be a head to head since they're going to likely end up being very far away from one another (Entirely possible that they will put Rakath in the Old world or Make some new format for the DLC though)

I suppose if they are planning a Grim VS Grom and they did Throt VS Dwarfs or someone else then the Dark Elves would be the only game 2 race left out of the party.

I do Love the Dark Elves but I don't think they really need more units all that badly, they probably have one of the least substantial list of missing units right up there with the Wood Elves and the Tomb Kings.

This may be the most logical course of action but im not all that excited by the prospect of more game 2 stuff again.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,100Registered Users
    Pretty much what I want. Though I'd prefer Malakai as the LL
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
    edited September 9
    @Vanilla_Gorilla

My problem with Malakai being a lord is that he fits so well as a hero and could easily be given to Ungrim and/or Grimm Burloksson.

He's such a lovable and popular character that he will no doubt get in at some point and his faction already exists in the game so his implementation would be simple.

characters like Grimm, Kazador/Thorek and ulrik however, cannot be so easily implemented because they aren't a part of a faction that already exists and can't just fill a hero role in someone else's faction.

Simply put: if we upgrade Malakai to lord status with little reasoning then some of the other dwarf characters will be deprived their spot and may never get in at all.

Furthermore: making him a lord would take him away from Karak Karin most likely which would be a damn shame since I and many others would like to see Karak Karin more fleshed out and unique. Malakai could be a big part of that if he was a hero.
  • Zogash85Zogash85 Posts: 59Registered Users
    This looks splendid! A for effort!

Just one thing really bothers me, though: Grimm's ME starting position. That area of the map is already beyond overcrowded - adding another dwarf LL there, literally right in between two existing ones, is a terrible idea.

Dwarfs really need a change of scenery in ME, with a starting position either in the Southlands (Karak Zorn or with Greybeard's Prospectors), Lustria (though LL density is high enough there, as well) or the far North (Kraka Drak).

I see no appeal in yet another central World's Edge Mountains start.
  • ReeksReeks Posts: 1,890Registered Users
    I would play that DLC......Great stuff!
    @Zogash85

Yeah I know what you mean. Problem is that he would be too far away from Throt in Karak Zorn in ME and too close to him if we put him in Kraka Drak, plus the whole idea of him getting slayer units stems from his close proximity to Karak Kadin.

Also he'd be completely cut off from the rest of the Dwarfs and at that point he might as well become a full blown expedition character (which could be cool).

I think it's jus a flaw by design that all the Dwarfs are bundled up in one place.
  • Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Posts: 1,428Registered Users
    Burloksson and Malakai are my choices for new dwarf lords because all the other characters like Ironbrow are brooding, miserable and angry (and we already have 4 dwarf characters who have that trait already).

Still if you are going to have all the new units slayer related, keep in mind that thunderbarge was inspired by the spirit of Grugni in Daemonslayer, you might as well just have Malakai as the lord. He is far more of an "adventurer" than the "stay at home and study" Burloksson.

If Malakai is to be picked, I hope CA give him a slightly different hair cut that doesn't make him look like Gotrex, Ungrim all the white dwarf. Otherwise non-lore guys might start thinking that all dwarfs are equivalent to funky trolls with the sticking up hair when they don't have their helmets on.

@Vanilla_Gorilla

My problem with Malakai being a lord is that he fits so well as a hero and could easily be given to Ungrim and/or Grimm Burloksson.

He's such a lovable and popular character that he will no doubt get in at some point and his faction already exists in the game so his implementation would be simple.

characters like Grimm, Kazador/Thorek and ulrik however, cannot be so easily implemented because they aren't a part of a faction that already exists and can't just fill a hero role in someone else's faction.

Simply put: if we upgrade Malakai to lord status with little reasoning then some of the other dwarf characters will be deprived their spot and may never get in at all.

Furthermore: making him a lord would take him away from Karak Karin most likely which would be a damn shame since I and many others would like to see Karak Karin more fleshed out and unique. Malakai could be a big part of that if he was a hero.

It's not a case of upgrading him, CA have shown they care little about lord/hero status on the TT. He'd simply be having the slot. I'm also hesitant on whether or not "Legendary hero" is even an option. So far we've got 3 Gotrek & Felix who have their own mechanic, and a dead Slann. So the assumption that there's a legendary hero slot open is highly questionable.

Malakai is a Slayer. He can go anywhere. He's an Engineer and a Slayer in a pack that would heavily feature Slayers and his inventions. It makes good sense to have him as the LL. If there's one Character being added for Dwarfs (and for all we know this would be the last one) then he's the one to go for. If there's multiple then he's still the LL to pick. He fits the theme of the pack too well to be a secondary part of it.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • LolTHELolLolTHELol Posts: 767Registered Users
    Only reason why I would be happy for a Dwarf cross game pack this early would be the fact that it would mean we would be getting one with DE vs Vampires.

Nevertheless, I would much prefer if both Vampires and Dwarfs got their cross game packs in game 3.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Posts: 846Registered Users
    I really hope we never get generic slayer lords, as it's very unloreful. However with Kroxigor lords it seems anything is possible, so we'll see. Dragon slayer heroes would be cool though.

I really hope we never get generic slayer lords, as it's very unloreful. However with Kroxigor lords it seems anything is possible, so we'll see. Dragon slayer heroes would be cool though.

I've thought about this and I'd like it only if they received heavy penalties for having anything but slayers. So if a Daemon Slayer recruits any non slayer units those units get for example a -20 leadership hit, a doubling in recruitment cost, no red line buffs from the Slayer Lord.

Something to represent the formation of a Slayer army going out and seeking their doom while taking back some holds and fighting some armies.
    edited September 9
    @Vanilla_Gorilla

Some characters should be lords because of their niche or potential.

Deathmaster Snikch and Nakai are both perfect examples of characters who shouldn't be heroes because they embody a part of their faction that isn't shown in any other character.

That being said though, there are other characters (like Kroak) who are the opposite: they much better suit the hero/supportive role because they actually add more as a hero and not less.

I would kinda count Isabella along these same lines because she basically functions the same as a hero, her and Vlad are supportive lords for one another who can be recruited early on and buff each other.

Making everyone into a lord is an issue because as of right now you can only have 1 lord per army and more often than not it's only one lord per faction as well.

Heroes can bring alot to the table in their own right by making a faction more interesting (Kroak in Itza, Isabella with vlad and Malakai in Karak Kadrin), they can be more flexible and still buff parts of the army roster without taking the lord's position.
    Exactly, Malakai has the most potential, and he fits the theme the best by far. Easy pick for LL.
  • LabriaLabria Posts: 447Registered Users
    Nice idea. I think Burloksson or Malakai will be next Legendary Lord fo Dwarfs. Dwarfs need range LLs. I think this is reason why CA choice to add Markus to Empire and not any melee focus LL.
    I prefer Malakai. He is more fit for Slayer focus Lord pack. Malakai and his Spirit of Grugni can be like ships for legendary lords in Vampire Coast.
    But I am fine with Burloksson. He is my second choice.
    I hope we will get Grimm Burloksson, Thorek Ironbrow and Malakai Makaisson in future. All three characters can offer unique gameplay.

I don't agree with start Start positions. Karak Zorn should be start possition in both campaigns. You will figh against Tomb Kings, Lizardmen, Vampire Count, Skaven and Wood Elves. Also, Greybeard's Prospectors faction is close.
    Zhufbar will be boring.

I think Clan Eshen in Araby will be new start position for Skaven FLC Legendary lord. Thanquol or Deathmaster Snikch can start there. We have big empty space in Nothern Red Rivers. This can be start position for Clan Moulder. Leaf-Cutterz Tribe is perfect enemy for new Legendary Lord.

We need own generic hero for Clan Moulder. Others main clans have own heroes. We need Packmaster hero.
    I don't think we ever see Skweel Gnawtooth in game. Skweel Gnawtooth is just packmaster with name. Nothing special.

I think Ghoritch should be in Clan Moulder DLC. He is ultimate weapon for Throt. He is like nuke for Clan Skyre.
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Ghoritch
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • bobmix27bobmix27 Posts: 36Registered Users
    No Verminlords? Really?

The Great Horned Rat is not pleased.
  • LabriaLabria Posts: 447Registered Users
    bobmix27 said:

No Verminlords? Really?

Verminlord should be something special. I hope Skreech Verminking will be legendary hero for Skaven.
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • ReeksReeks Posts: 1,890Registered Users
    bobmix27 said:

No Verminlords? Really?

They will come with Thanquol as FLC!
  • KrabbzKrabbz FrancePosts: 372Registered Users
    Yeah I would be so hyped for a DLC like this one.

Throt and moulder units.
    Vortex start : anywhere they want I don't care.
    ME start : Hellpit, far north.

And for Dwarfs I'd rather have Malakai as a Slayer/Ingineer hybrid with all the missing slayers (including pirates with pistols) and thunderbarges.
    Vortex and ME start : Karak Zorn
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Posts: 2,620Registered Users
    I feel you're overestimating the unit selections here. Almost every DLC gives the faction in question one fancy new unit with an all new skeleton and model. The other units are usually existing skeletions that are slightly remodeled and given new animations. For example, the Lizardmen just got the Dread Saurian (all new skeleton/model) with the Sacred Kroxigors and Razordons (existing skeletons that are slightly remodeled and given some new animations).

If you were going to get the Thunderbarge for the Dwarfs its accompanying units would probably be smaller in scope. Irondrakes with pistols, or a new Engineer unit similar to that one in SFO with grenade launchers or steamdrills, or some new kind of Slayer. Likewise if the Skaven got the Burrowing Behemoth then the Wolf Rat would probably just be a remodeled warhound and the Augmented Rat Ogre might be a more mild remodeling of existing Rat Ogres without the third arm.
  • Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Posts: 1,428Registered Users
    @Draculasaurus

I agree, I don't see getting the thunderbarge and so called "rune golems" at the same time. All thunderbarge like aircraft have had more references in the Warhammer fantasy lore than the rune golems. For one the thunderbarge is in the 8th edition rule book, and has a corresponding RoR called the "Wrath of Thunder" and of course Malakai's own thunderbarge (mount) being the "Spirit of Grugni" (which played a huge role in the Gotrex and Felix series). Although the thunderbarge needs to be balanced, 5 organ guns like what the hell, and I just hope the flying artillery doesn't end up stupid op like the warplock jezzails did for a while.

Same goes for Skaven I think we will get the stormvermin, brood horror and the giant rats. In particular the broodhorror could take animations from the dread saurian, the giants rats are in fact very similar in shape and size to warhounds and I am sort of suspicious about the sacred kroxigors because I could see stormvermin running and fighting exactly (just replace floating rocks with flame projectiles) like them.