Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Flensburg in WH and in the real world

_Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Posts: 718Registered Users
edited September 11 in Total War General Chat
A lot of people may didnt know, but the town Flensburg in stirland has a real life counterpart and surely inspiration for.

Flensburg in northern germany, not far from my home, is a harbour town and famous for his bear brewery:

Post edited by _Mad_D0c_ on

Comments

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 5,831Registered Users
    Southern Denmark you say?

:wink:
    Lord of the Undermountain
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,128Registered Users
    RikRiorik said:

do we have to do another 1864?

;)
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
    SiWI said:

RikRiorik said:

;)
    I think you're still required to stand in the corner wearing a silly hat for the last one. Although I'm not convinced the wearing of the silly hat isn't by choice <3.
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
    RikRiorik said:

SiWI said:

RikRiorik said:

;)
    I think you're still required to stand in the corner wearing a silly hat for the last one. Although I'm not convinced the wearing of the silly hat isn't by choice <3.</p>
    Sorry I can't hear you over the whining that we supposedly rule the EU as "4th reich".
    SiWI said:

RikRiorik said:

SiWI said:

RikRiorik said:

;)
    I think you're still required to stand in the corner wearing a silly hat for the last one. Although I'm not convinced the wearing of the silly hat isn't by choice <3.</p>
    Sorry I can't hear you over the whining that we supposedly rule the EU as "4th reich".
    4th Reich eih? Doesn't quite have the same snap, crackle and pop to it.

Anyways. Flensburg. Hopefully the beer is better than the Paderborner. I don't know how you successfully market a beer that is brewed from ashes and cigarette buds.
  • CyresdogCyresdog Posts: 73Registered Users
    Emperor Karl Franz originates from Holswig-Schliestein is a Province in Germany called "Schleswig-Holstein". The City north to the VC start position called Essen is a real City in Germany aswell. Essen means also Food
    Cyresdog said:

Emperor Karl Franz originates from Holswig-Schliestein is a Province in Germany called "Schleswig-Holstein". The City north to the VC start position called Essen is a real City in Germany aswell. Essen means also Food

Ahem. Again with the southern Denmark references!

Essen. Renamed Fressen when under VC control?
    RikRiorik said:

SiWI said:

RikRiorik said:

SiWI said:

RikRiorik said:

;)

Anyways. Flensburg. Hopefully the beer is better than the Paderborner. I don't know how you successfully market a beer that is brewed from ashes and cigarette buds.
    Tell them!
    Really...

Beer wise I can't help you since I prefer "malz bier"/malt beer.
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 694Registered Users
    Flens! One of my favourite beers! 😂
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Posts: 718Registered Users
    So we have to wait till the other side of the world is awake to introduce to them this hopefully new theme.

Atm only european people around, he?
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Posts: 2,186Registered Users
    edited September 11

Interestingly Flens is just in the middle of the popular charts
    https://de.statista.com/statistik/daten/studie/175766/umfrage/konsumierte-biermarken/
    so when the DLC goes live I stick to my Beck's and open a few cold ones ;)

-----Red Dox
  • ASyrianASyrian Posts: 251Registered Users
    edited September 11
    RikRiorik said:

Nah our townhall alrdy has enough souveniers of the ships we sunk in the last war with DK. Thx
  • ASyrianASyrian Posts: 251Registered Users
    RikRiorik said:

SiWI said:

RikRiorik said:

SiWI said:

RikRiorik said:

;)

Paderborner is just for the poor
    ..im sorryyou had to learn it this way
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Posts: 2,305Registered Users
    Bear brewery? Shouldn't that be in Kislev?
    ASyrian said:

RikRiorik said:

SiWI said:

RikRiorik said:

SiWI said:

RikRiorik said:

;)

Paderborner is just for the poor
    ..im sorryyou had to learn it this way
    Then it fit me just fine the one and only time I drank it then! Was in school still, not making any money. Went out with friends to a pub. Had a Paderborner in my backpack. From where I had it I have no clue any more. Ostensibly trying to save some money I poured my Paderborner into the glass of a beer I had already drunk being all smug and secretive about it. What followed was the worst beer experience I've ever had. Horrible, horrible brew. But I still drank it!
    @RikRiorik

This was my typical student backpack bear.

Bear brewery? Shouldn't that be in Kislev?

He, no bear brewery of manlings in Empire, wine in bretonia and Tilea +estalia and vodka in kislev.

And norscan drink a mix of fermented milk and blood.
    Haha @_Mad_D0c_ ! It's hard to have a more to the point name isn't it? Unless you named your beer "For getting hammered at a steady pace".
    edited September 11
    RikRiorik said:

Haha @_Mad_D0c_ ! It's hard to have a more to the point name isn't it? Unless you named your beer "For getting hammered at a steady pace".

Yeah and its cheap. Typical student beer, doesnt taste too bad, but not that good, which is eqal after some of them and the amount we often drank at our hang arounds.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,872Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Moved to General Chat as it's not really about the game.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png