Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressMultiplayer Campaign Load Bug

Comments

• Nick_Foxtails77Nick_Foxtails77 Posts: 2Registered Users
    weve been having the same issue, i saw a patch came out today, but when we tried to load save files after the patch it still didnt work. ALL of our save files, for all multiplayer games have been doing this, not just one or two. but all of them.
  • HausseO815HausseO815 Posts: 10Registered Users
    Guys, just opt in to public beta in steam until it is fixed, and you can play the mp campaign totally fine.
  • Outrageous_AyaOutrageous_Aya Posts: 2Registered Users
    If you want to play without the patch and associated DLC, you do that. Please stop misleading people, you are not helping.
  • DevilgeekDevilgeek Posts: 8Registered Users

Guys, just opt in to public beta in steam until it is fixed, and you can play the mp campaign totally fine.

This is not a fix. Opting in does not fix it for me and most likely does not fix it for everyone.
  • SeekrSeekr Posts: 4Registered Users
    Devilgeek said:

This is not a fix. Opting in does not fix it for me and most likely does not fix it for everyone.
    Yea not working for me either.
  • DeesterDeester Posts: 9Registered Users
    edited September 17
    So I just patched Warhammer2 on steam (small patch) and tried to load an old save for mortal empires coop, it seemed to load, but A) my coop buddy wasnt on to fully test and B It was a very old save. Can someone go try and report back? 7:30pm GMT. Cheers.

Additional - still broke. I can load an old old save but as soon as I resave its broke.
    Post edited by Deester on
  • tokyojoetokyojoe Posts: 7Registered Users
    I tried the beta patch, my saved games have the same issue.
  • Angrykid1990Angrykid1990 Posts: 11Registered Users
    The patch made no difference to my saves it's still not working, I'm not messing around with beta's I didn't purchase the game, and additional DLC to play beta, get this working C,A dont become a joke.
  • PresidentePresidente Member Posts: 43Registered Users
    This bug is now being reported on steam, reddit and these forums and its still not fixed:(

Currently i cant load any coop saves.

Do you need more save game files?

• tigahstyletigahstyle Posts: 9Registered Users
    You know, CA. I even went out a limb today and got White Dwarf 'cause I'm a sucker for hype lore. I got the code. Would love to use Gotrek & Felix with my homie and not just campaign. Was really hoping there'd be some announcement or something on this by now...
    Devilgeek said:

Well ofc its not a fix, just a work around (like in "disable a few features to bring back basic functionality")
    But what do you mean with "its not working"?
    Did you try to load your post-dlc saves?
    That sure wont work, since youre back on the pre-dlc version of the game (1.6something, top right corner of the games main screen)
    But loading save games made after the roll back or before updating to the dlc-patch (Version 1.7) should totally work, otherwise (just my wild guess) your problem might be completely unrelated.

If you want to play without the patch and associated DLC, you do that. Please stop misleading people, you are not helping.

Since the only two options atm are to play without the new patch and dlc, or to not play at all, you *might* be wrong with your assessment that its not helping to tell people how to get their game running again.
  • msolleidmsolleid Posts: 1Registered Users
    My friend and I have been having this exact issue for several days now, opting into the beta did not fix it (I think the beta was pushed live anyway). I can provide save files if it helps, but we have the same dlc, removed all mods, and we were running fine until the dlc update
  • Nuke556Nuke556 Posts: 33Registered Users
    Sooo, over a week with a game breaking bug. Any update?
  • DevainDevain Posts: 6Registered Users
    I have exactly the same problem since the update came out.
    We need a fix or at least a statement because the game is not playable right now for all multiplayer players.
  • DevainDevain Posts: 6Registered Users
    This is a serious and gamebreaking bug.
  • tokyojoetokyojoe Posts: 7Registered Users
    Yep, we are all pretty fed up with this..
  • MrBungles21MrBungles21 Posts: 51Registered Users
    Yeah CA needs to fix this. I’ve been patient but after a week I’m starting to get annoyed.
  • TWW1TWW1 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I hope this gets fixed asap, me and my friend were enacting the final ritual after a long skaven campaign when the game crashed. He was hosting so the game said host left game but on his end the game was still running........

After that happend we had the same issues you are describing here
  • DeesterDeester Posts: 9Registered Users
    CA_Nate, could you send a message over to the relevant department asking for a progress/timescale for the issue please. You seem to be the only point of contact I can find. The CA twitter and posts on reddit and steam forums have so far proved fruitless. Many Thanks.
  • tigahstyletigahstyle Posts: 9Registered Users
    TWW1 said:

I hope this gets fixed asap, me and my friend were enacting the final ritual after a long skaven campaign when the game crashed. He was hosting so the game said host left game but on his end the game was still running........

After that happend we had the same issues you are describing here

Say goodbye to that game, bud :(
  • _Kayshin_Kayshin Posts: 2Registered Users
    We got the same problem..
    If we try to load one of our saves (even games we created today and play just one round) the host gets in a bugged lobby. This lobby will cause Total War to crash after click on any button. If the host trys to inv you into the lobby via steam invitaion, you end up in the onlie battle lobby view with a error message "unable to connect".
  • Angrykid1990Angrykid1990 Posts: 11Registered Users
    Still no word from CA which is very disappointing. Has anyone seen any official word on another site, I'd be happy just to get something to say they know there's an issue and are working on a fix.

Also heard the new gotrix and felix contend requires a new game and wont be able to recrute on an existing play I seriously hope this isn't the case.

Please fix C,A I'm bored.
  • DroolyDrooly Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    Yeah, 100’s of hours playing flawless mp coop then suddenly heaps of us all having save game load failures and no fix or even comment for over a week!!

Does CA believe they have a bug or do they think we’re all making this up? Has this thing been officially acknowledged? If so can someone show me where pls?

Went back to Three Kingdoms after a few hundred hours on WH 2 and can’t even find my way around the interface:))

Please fix this soon. Missing killing Green skins.

• DevilgeekDevilgeek Posts: 8Registered Users
    Drooly said:

Does CA believe they have a bug or do they think we’re all making this up? Has this thing been officially acknowledged? If so can someone show me where pls?

Scroll through the 3 pages of comments in this thread. They already acknowledged it
  • Obelisk111Obelisk111 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Same issue here too.
    We've had to go back to the public beta version just to be able to play the game at all :(
  • WugganowskiWugganowski Posts: 3Registered Users
    Still busted.
  • Nuke556Nuke556 Posts: 33Registered Users
    Devilgeek said:

Drooly said:

Scroll through the 3 pages of comments in this thread. They already acknowledged it
    Not really, just asked for saves then said 'thanks! QA team is looking at it!'

This not getting fixed stopped me from buying one of the other DLC that I don't have like queen and crone or chaos.
  • MrBungles21MrBungles21 Posts: 51Registered Users
    CA please fix this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Decayed269Decayed269 Posts: 3Registered Users
    I have have done some more playing around I tried the beta thing people were saying its doesn't work for games that were saved when the new DLC dropped

eg you were playing a game DLC released.
    you downloaded it started playing your old game again save exit.
    try to load again and nope( this is what happened to me ).

however, when I did the beta thing and started a new MP campaign played one round then save exited.
    I was able to reload the game and continued playing the new campaign.

it allowed me to sate my need to kill some elves but I had to start a new one =(

perhaps it might help some of you sate your need aswell not ideal but better than nothing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file