Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressMultiplayer Campaign Load Bug

Comments

• SeneramSeneram Posts: 5Registered Users
    CA, Can you atleast coem and tell us something?! The game is unplayable for all of us who have grown tired of SP and only play MP campaigns.
  • DevainDevain Posts: 6Registered Users
    Hey CA imagine someone buying both Warhammer games for a lot of money to play coop Mortal Empires but it just doesn´t work.
    This is not just a bug! We can´t play the game that we bought at all!
    You are selling a broken game and are not even telling people on twitter or other media to not buy the game right now if they want to play coop.
    Fix this fast or tell people that your game is broken.
    Thank you.
  • Nuke556Nuke556 Posts: 33Registered Users
    Thursday the week after. Is the one person that knows how this works on holiday?
  • TakeMySwordTakeMySword Posts: 2Registered Users
    1 week later and it's still bugged, my friend and I bought new dlc's to play together and now we can't even play coop, pls fix this :'(
    @CA_Nate Do you have any info on this topic?
  • HarrkinHarrkin Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hey all. :)

Yeah, made an account just to say that I'm also experiencing this.

Not sure how much any of this info will help, but I've worked in IT for 6 years and feel like it's all at least somewhat relevant:

I've experienced this with two friends since the most recent update. One in California (Friend A), the other in the Netherlands (Friend B ).

All three of us are on Windows 10, albeit, slightly different versions. Friend A is on Windows 10 v1903, Friend B is on v1809 and I'm still on v1803 for whatever reason.

With regards to the game build itself: No active mods whatsoever between any of us. I've never downloaded a single mod for this game since I bought it a couple months back and I can certainly say the same for Friend B. Friend A has previously installed mods, but deactivated all when playing with me.

(At least in my case) I feel as though it's something to do with the way the game loads the saves, because I know that I initially set ultra match settings for unit sizes, etc. However, when I go to load the save, half the UI is missing but the match settings UI appears with the default config (as though you were setting up a new multiplayer game). At this point, if I were to attempt to change the unit size back to ultra, from the default settings that appear, the game immediately freezes and then Crashes To Desktop.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I reckon that if the saves themselves were corrupting for whatever reason, the autosave feature may have trouble overwriting - at least this has been the case when I've had similar issues with other games.

If anyone would like to review any of my save files, or would need any further info, please just ask - also happy to do a quick screen recording or something, need be.

Hoping this will be fixed soon so that I can continue spreading Chaos with my pals.
  • GuirmahrocGuirmahroc Posts: 1Registered Users
    Same here, any update ?
    It's kind a crazy that nothing as been done to solve this...
    Another day gone... maybe we just need to review bomb it like the port people did. That fit fixed quick.
  • Darthdill232Darthdill232 Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited September 20
    i told my friends not to buy it with the 50% coupons since multiplayer isint working saw a new patch got excited but nope still same problems as everyone else here has
  • DimandDimand Posts: 3Registered Users
    Good day,

changing to haunter beta doesn't do anything for multiplayer.
    to be honest i have tried all beta version, waiting to download 6.5 gb everytime( anyway) still nothing.
    I contacted support and they told me that the developers are working on a solution and that we should play in public beta until it's fixed.
  • Angrykid1990Angrykid1990 Posts: 11Registered Users
    Devain said:

I contacted support and they told me that the developers are working on a solution and that we should play in public beta until it's fixed.

How did you contact them, please I have tried beta but it doesn't work like many people in here.
    Devain said:

Lol, play the beta... should have just burned my cash for the DLC? They need to get this figured out.
  • HarrkinHarrkin Posts: 2Registered Users
    Devain said:

Yeah, none of the betas fix the issue for me.

Just gotta wait for this to be resolved I guess. 🤷‍♂️
  • Rejic13Rejic13 Posts: 3Registered Users
    The ‘play the beta’ won’t fix the issue. It will allow you to play a new campaign and load that new campaign reliably. You will not be able to go to old saves in multiplayer.

As for the rest of you fussing, give them time. This is a serious bug which means it’s likely not an easy fix. Review bombing and other petty ideas are just going to ultimately harm the game and do nothing for making this fix come any faster.
  • Acidrain155Acidrain155 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I tried loading on any launcher version on Steam, none works for already created multiplayer saves :(

Just refunded the latest DLC, probably the last one i bought, thanks CA...
  • Sebi5381Sebi5381 Posts: 3Registered Users
    Devain said:

Well, at least we now know they are working on it. I wish somebody like CA_Nate who was quick on it to get infos from us would be as quick when it came to returning infos back to us.
    I really do understand that bugs like that happen and that it may be complicated and time consuming to solve. What i dont understand is why almost always nobody talks to the community about it. Regardless of the game.

Thats where my unrest comes from. And i totally understand that if people review bomb the DLC or refund it, since writing angry post will most likely do nothing.
    Anyone hear about any progress? After tonight it'll be at least 2 weeks before I can play again.
  • WildonesWildones Posts: 3Registered Users
    Still nothing
  • ser0lser0l Posts: 3Registered Users
    Is there going to at least be a response from CA? Any ETA on a fix?
    Is your community manager too busy hunting down lewd mods on reddit to address actual issues?
  • TakeMySwordTakeMySword Posts: 2Registered Users
    1 week later and it's still bugged, my friend and I bought new dlc's to play together and now we can't even play coop, pls fix this :'(
  • MOMATMOMAT Posts: 1Registered Users
    Hey dudes, I just wanted to say that we cleared perfectly game for mods (me and my friend)
    and it still doesnt work for us both
  • T_BearzT_Bearz Posts: 3Registered Users
    I mean ffs, rushed the release of the DLC and did not properly play test.

I am now playing solo just to get some usage out the money I feel I wasted, and telling us to opt into beta is a pathetic solution.

No employee acknowledgement, no posts to give even any indication, just a really sh*tty way of doing business for CA, but I expect it, which is sad.
  • SeneramSeneram Posts: 5Registered Users
    Starting to consider refunding the DLC and having my friends do the same... This is really ****. Atleast give us some news. Just tell us "We are still working on it. Thanks for your patience." Or anything.. This is not good PR when you are working on TWWH3 right now and most likely will want people to preorder it soon. I was dead set on instantly preordering it as soon as available but now i dont think i will.
    https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new PLESE ALL TAKE 5 MINS TO GO HERE TO MAKE CONTACT WITH CA AND HOPFULLY WE CAN GET THEM MOOVING AS ITS BECOMING A JOKE
    Seneram said:

Starting to consider refunding the DLC and having my friends do the same... This is really ****. Atleast give us some news. Just tell us "We are still working on it. Thanks for your patience." Or anything.. This is not good PR when you are working on TWWH3 right now and most likely will want people to preorder it soon. I was dead set on instantly preordering it as soon as available but now i dont think i will.

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new
  • ElFlamingo77ElFlamingo77 Posts: 4Registered Users
  • DeesterDeester Posts: 9Registered Users
  • CandleManCandleMan Posts: 1Registered Users
    Its such a dissapoinment that they havent fixed this bs yet

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file