Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressMultiplayer Campaign Load Bug

Comments

• RaymanYRaymanY Posts: 5Registered Users
    Let's make the DLC refund guys, until 2 weeks have passed. I already done this with my friends, maybe that way CA will pay attention to us.
  • Angrykid1990Angrykid1990 Posts: 11Registered Users
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting SEGA Customer Support.

After further investigation, the issue you were encountering was raised and the game developers were made aware of it.

They are now looking into it.

In the meantime you can move over into the public beta version to be able to advance your multiplayer game.

How to activate the update:
    1. Right-click the game in your game library and select Properties.
    2. Select the BETAS tab.
    3. Choose 'public_beta' from the drop-down menu.
    4. The build will start downloading.

Thanks again for your correspondence and your input.

Best Regards,

Juan-José
    SEGA Customer Support

This was there response
  • Man_O_War_69Man_O_War_69 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hi i have the same problem with me and my friend, is there any solution yet?

Hi i have the same problem with me and my friend, is there any solution yet?

Not yet but fill this out https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new
  • ElFlamingo77ElFlamingo77 Posts: 4Registered Users
    i see a prophetie they will patch this in 75898513 years
  • DeesterDeester Posts: 9Registered Users
    edited September 22
    I got the same copy-and-paste reply.

"Dear Customer"
    Why not everybody have this bug?
    Deester said:

I got the same copy-and-paste reply.

"Dear Customer"

Make sure to reply to there crappy beta suggestion and copy this link in to it also
  • Nuke556Nuke556 Posts: 33Registered Users

Good question
  • ComradeHXComradeHX Posts: 1Registered Users

Because not everybody have friends, who can play/finish coop campaign with them.
    ComradeHX said:

Because not everybody have friends, who can play/finish coop campaign with them.
    I'm saying that because some people can rehost
  • xXxRamboxXxRambo Junior Member Posts: 42Registered Users

ComradeHX said:

I'm saying that because some people can rehost
    So far i noticed you can reload a save prior to the patch and it will work but as soon as you save and try reloading again it will get corrupted.

Unless they can rehost new saves then it kinda is strange. Unless the games have different versions depending on region(europe, USA, Asia) and one of them don't have the bug.

I doubt hardware is the problem since most computers are all different in a way or two, the only thing i can think of is that the problem lies with software either with windows, Steam or Warhammer 2.
    edited September 23
    Wonder if it could be a windows 10 vs 7 or 8/8.1 problem? Guess they have 2 more weeks till it matters now so oh well.
    Post edited by Nuke556 on
  • tokyojoetokyojoe Posts: 7Registered Users
    This is so frustrating
  • tokyojoetokyojoe Posts: 7Registered Users
    This is so frustrating
  • ThorjnThorjn Posts: 1Registered Users
    This game has had great support in past. Currently beyond disappointed. 3 co-op campaigns with multiple hours useless since the last patch. Please fix. Us sending you files is not a fix. It's busted on your end. Sad. I have a new player that just got this game to play, and is not interested in playing it now, because it is broken.
  • hank_horrygunhank_horrygun Posts: 1Registered Users
    I also have such bug. Game crush after trying load coop compaing, but older save working.
  • marksmanomegonmarksmanomegon Posts: 2Registered Users
    My build 1.7.1

1. selected multiplayer campaign
    2. pressed option resume as a host
    3. Tried to load save
    4. error message "failed to load campaign"
    5. or it does load empty page of multiplayer campaign host (screenshots attached)
    6. tried to add friend to empty page of multiplater host through steam and pressed start - game crashed.

I have almost all DLC except: Vampire Coast, Chaos warriors,Wood elf faction, grim&grave, beastmen, the king&warlord
    My friend dont have any dlc except for mortal empires.

Adding as well crash report

For some reason I cant add save file as it states that format is not allowed. I added to save file format addittional part " .save" in order to add it to attached files.
  • darklight1986darklight1986 Posts: 4Registered Users
    How long does it really take. They can't need more details for others at this point. It happened after a patch for a bunch of people so it shouldn't take so long to fix it.

I want to play multiplayer but public beta crashed when I tried it and i had to reinstall. Regardless my mate paid for the DLC and won't play multiplayer unless he can use the race he paid to play.
  • SeneramSeneram Posts: 5Registered Users
    This has been said already and I will say it again.

PUBLIC BETA IS NOT A FIX.

Me and my friend started playing again specifically for this dlc since I wanted to do huntsmarshal and he wanted to stop me.

We spent 18 hours non stop on our play and now said 18 hours are locked as we cannot load and Finnish it up. So no I absolutely refuse to step down to public beta when I paid for the DLC specifically for multiplayer.
    Seneram said:

This has been said already and I will say it again.

PUBLIC BETA IS NOT A FIX.

Me and my friend started playing again specifically for this dlc since I wanted to do huntsmarshal and he wanted to stop me.

We spent 18 hours non stop on our play and now said 18 hours are locked as we cannot load and Finnish it up. So no I absolutely refuse to step down to public beta when I paid for the DLC specifically for multiplayer.

Quoted For Truth...
  • ASadisticRugASadisticRug Posts: 2Registered Users
    Looks like this has been happening for a while and no response yet from CA. Pretty annoying the game is completely broken.
  • WildonesWildones Posts: 3Registered Users
    Public beta is indeed not a fix.
  • WildonesWildones Posts: 3Registered Users
    btw i do not own the hunter and the beast dlc and i have the same problem
  • ClaudeLeMoldaveClaudeLeMoldave Posts: 3Registered Users
    So, there was a patch 2 weeks ago, which basically ruined the multiplayer experience for quite a number of players...

Devs not giving us any updates on potential fixes

And now you have to use a beta patch which doesn't work.... Wouldn't it have been better to beta this patch before ruining our experience, and then release a working patch + DLC?

Well, i know i won't buy any more games from you...
  • Zajt_CZZajt_CZ Posts: 2Registered Users
  • Rejic13Rejic13 Posts: 3Registered Users
    Rejic13 said:

The ‘play the beta’ won’t fix the issue. It will allow you to play a new campaign and load that new campaign reliably. You will not be able to go to old saves in multiplayer.

As for the rest of you fussing, give them time. This is a serious bug which means it’s likely not an easy fix. Review bombing and other petty ideas are just going to ultimately harm the game and do nothing for making this fix come any faster.

Gonna just quote myself since no one wants to listen. Also unless you have actual programming experience I’d sooner say don’t make assumptions on how long this patch might take.

Also, no the beta isn’t a fix and CA is not calling it a fix. Just something to bide your time while they do try to patch the problem.

I will admit, it is extremely annoying that they have not come out with updates or news about the progress. They have at least acknowledged it (see start of this thread).
  • K0joteK0jote Posts: 1Registered Users
    So there is no fix yet, am I right? Nice, my Frind did just buy the game yesterday.
  • Smiths_ChipsSmiths_Chips Posts: 2Registered Users
    Come on CA - fix the game. My friend just bought the game so that we could Co-op. Very frustrating. Is there an official timeline for potential fix?
  • tigahstyletigahstyle Posts: 9Registered Users
    edited September 25
    Rejic13 said:

Rejic13 said:

The ‘play the beta’ won’t fix the issue. It will allow you to play a new campaign and load that new campaign reliably. You will not be able to go to old saves in multiplayer.

As for the rest of you fussing, give them time. This is a serious bug which means it’s likely not an easy fix. Review bombing and other petty ideas are just going to ultimately harm the game and do nothing for making this fix come any faster.

Gonna just quote myself since no one wants to listen. Also unless you have actual programming experience I’d sooner say don’t make assumptions on how long this patch might take.

Also, no the beta isn’t a fix and CA is not calling it a fix. Just something to bide your time while they do try to patch the problem.

I will admit, it is extremely annoying that they have not come out with updates or news about the progress. They have at least acknowledged it (see start of this thread).
    This bug must be a fairly big problem. Something that could break the game even worse without a well calculated fix. I supposed I'd rather they take their time to fix it right then hastily put out a patch with other problems. But yes. Some sort of announcement would be nice.
    Post edited by tigahstyle on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file