Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressMultiplayer Campaign Load Bug

Comments

• TropicalbluelionTropicalbluelion Posts: 3Registered Users
    is this bug fixed
  • PeterogPeterog Posts: 1Registered Users
    CA_Nate said:

Hi all,

So I just want to communicate out that we have not forgotten about this issue and our Dev team have been working on a fix for the MP issue.

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate

Go any where nice on your holiday CA_Nate?
  • PresidentePresidente Member Posts: 43Registered Users
    edited October 2
    Theres been loads of dlcs to warhammer, it would be interesting to know what in the latest update broke coop, just for my own curiosity:)
  • robin21robin21 Posts: 1Registered Users
    How can they seriously not find the problem since it has been reporting 3 weeks ago.... What a shame CA
  • Mopar228Mopar228 Posts: 12Registered Users
    edited October 2
    im sure its not a case of finding it they just dont give a ****
    You know what **** review bomb it they may give a **** then

• narrator1982narrator1982 Posts: 3Registered Users
    Recent reviews are on Steam are now "Mixed." Only going to get worse.
  • thephenixthephenix Posts: 6Registered Users
    why tf havnt this been fixed?! CA really dont give a **** about their customers... if you press the support button on this page you go to a sega site and warhammer isnt even available as a game
  • SalroggSalrogg Posts: 1Registered Users
    Sigh, I only really play Co-op and it's insane that this is still broken 3 weeks later.
  • TropicalbluelionTropicalbluelion Posts: 3Registered Users
    omg I just want to play with my friend. CA sucks ****
  • BroncoboyBroncoboy Posts: 1Registered Users
    Hey guys, I believe I found a solution (or semi-solution) to the bug of being unable to load the multiplayer save games with the most recent release of the dlc and updated base game content. To note this same solution was stated early in this very same form (page 2 or 3 I think?) although it was not stated very clearly. I can at least confirm that solution and hopeful you guys can too.

First off: I do not own the Hunter and the beast DLC and tested without it on the public and hunter betas. As you probably already know the base game (hunter beta) adds extra content without need for the DLC and heavy effects the Empire faction. Both my friend and myself have test this solution on both betas and it works (at least for us). In addition we started new games for each test, ran a few turns, saved and reloaded. So far it still works.

Problem: We think there is a desynchronization between the all the DLCs that are active in a campaign. Pretty much the DLCs activated through steam for WH II break the game. As such the game cannot properly load the game. The DLC active on Steam through WH I seem not to have an impact (Mortal Empires only.) so just leave them active.

Solution: Each player only actives the DLCs that they and only they individually are going to ACTUALLY USE. Mortal Empires DLC does impact this, so disable it if you don’t play it. So far this it seem to only affect WH II dlcs that are actived through steam. We did not touch the dlcs on the WH I page.

For example: Green skins and Vlad multiplayer campaign on WH II Mortal Empires.
    Green skins don’t need a DLC to play them, as The King and the Warlord really is not needed to play them fully. Wurrzag also is not needed as it only gives a new starting position.
    Host - Only DLCs active: Mortal Empires

Vlad: Vlad can’t be without his lady, so Isabella DLC is active as well as mortal Empires, in addition to Grim and the Grave. Also Krell is not active as we are not really sure what it does.
    Client - DLCs active: Isabella, Mortal Empires, Grim and the Grave

So far, as tested in both betas, we are able to load multiplayer saves in mortal empires. We don’t play Vortex as much so only tested it in Public Beta once. So if you play Vlad and Greenskins, no elve DLC, no White Dwarf, no Lizardmen DLCs active, no Bretonnia, no Tomb Kings.

I hope this helps, let me know if you are also able confirm it works with other as well.
  • darklight1986darklight1986 Posts: 4Registered Users
    Broncoboy said:

Hey guys, I believe I found a solution (or semi-solution) to the bug of being unable to load the multiplayer save games with the most recent release of the dlc and updated base game content. To note this same solution was stated early in this very same form (page 2 or 3 I think?) although it was not stated very clearly. I can at least confirm that solution and hopeful you guys can too.

First off: I do not own the Hunter and the beast DLC and tested without it on the public and hunter betas. As you probably already know the base game (hunter beta) adds extra content without need for the DLC and heavy effects the Empire faction. Both my friend and myself have test this solution on both betas and it works (at least for us). In addition we started new games for each test, ran a few turns, saved and reloaded. So far it still works.

Problem: We think there is a desynchronization between the all the DLCs that are active in a campaign. Pretty much the DLCs activated through steam for WH II break the game. As such the game cannot properly load the game. The DLC active on Steam through WH I seem not to have an impact (Mortal Empires only.) so just leave them active.

Solution: Each player only actives the DLCs that they and only they individually are going to ACTUALLY USE. Mortal Empires DLC does impact this, so disable it if you don’t play it. So far this it seem to only affect WH II dlcs that are actived through steam. We did not touch the dlcs on the WH I page.

For example: Green skins and Vlad multiplayer campaign on WH II Mortal Empires.
    Green skins don’t need a DLC to play them, as The King and the Warlord really is not needed to play them fully. Wurrzag also is not needed as it only gives a new starting position.
    Host - Only DLCs active: Mortal Empires

Vlad: Vlad can’t be without his lady, so Isabella DLC is active as well as mortal Empires, in addition to Grim and the Grave. Also Krell is not active as we are not really sure what it does.
    Client - DLCs active: Isabella, Mortal Empires, Grim and the Grave

So far, as tested in both betas, we are able to load multiplayer saves in mortal empires. We don’t play Vortex as much so only tested it in Public Beta once. So if you play Vlad and Greenskins, no elve DLC, no White Dwarf, no Lizardmen DLCs active, no Bretonnia, no Tomb Kings.

I hope this helps, let me know if you are also able confirm it works with other as well.

Mate public beta makes the multiplayer work it has from early on in the issue. The problem we have is that is NOT a fix it's a get around that should be temporary. It shouldn't be taking them nearly a month to fix this issue. I personally have negatively reviewed the game for this very reason on steam. I also posted on their Facebook page a few times to no reply.

They are quickly ruining the good will they held among their fan base. I own nearly every total war game they have released and will stop and think very carefully next I see a new game or DLC because of this.
  • Nuke556Nuke556 Posts: 33Registered Users
    If I wanted to play a game without the DLC I paid for I wouldn't have paid for it and would just have the base game. 3 weeks with nearly no hint that it is even being worked on besides an 'in progress' tag on this thread and 1 'we're doing something!' Post recently is unacceptable. I was going to buy some of the DLC I'm missing, but after this I'll pass.
  • JpurtsJpurts Posts: 1Registered Users
    It Seems Juan doesn't understand that I paid for a DLC and I want to play it with others who also have it.

• _Kayshin_Kayshin Posts: 2Registered Users
    Could CA at least make an announcement. Or at least give us some infos what made this problem.
    Any News @CA_Nate? Whats the hold up?
  • Alece777Alece777 Posts: 2Registered Users
    This bug still exists in single player campaigns!!
  • DevilgeekDevilgeek Posts: 8Registered Users
    thephenix said:

PR's a hard job when **** goes wrong. Nobody wants to stand in front of angry customers and tell them news that would make them even more angry. Sure it's their job, but it doesn't make it any more simpler. Best we can do as a community is give them the time they need to fix it and provide positive feedback like @Broncoboy did to try and help them out.
    I ain't mad at Nate or any pr I'm mad that I spent over 100 dollars on a game in it's current state not worth 30 because of creative assembly's incompetence or just not caring
  • Nuke556Nuke556 Posts: 33Registered Users
    Alece777 said:

This bug still exists in single player campaigns!!

If you're having trouble with single player you should start a new thread or contact CA with your saves that wont work. Might not be the same issue, my single player works fine. Just no multi.
    edited October 4
    Devilgeek said:

thephenix said:

PR's a hard job when **** goes wrong. Nobody wants to stand in front of angry customers and tell them news that would make them even more angry. Sure it's their job, but it doesn't make it any more simpler. Best we can do as a community is give them the time they need to fix it and provide positive feedback like @Broncoboy did to try and help them out.
    There isnt a single reason why this gamebreaking bug should still be here a month after, and its not like i can ask a developers or ceo or something, Nate is the guy who posted here before and is a update or info to much to ask for? Stop excusing CA for their pathetic customer service you ****
  • Rejic13Rejic13 Posts: 3Registered Users
    @thephenix and what do you know about programming for a game like this and it’s dlc additions along with trying to find a bug that seems to be affecting most of the community but not all of it?
  • ser0lser0l Posts: 3Registered Users
    @Rejic13 they know that they are a paying customer, and they want a working product.
  • DevilgeekDevilgeek Posts: 8Registered Users
    @thephenix

I'm not excusing them for it. I realize that it shouldn't have happened, and since it did, it should've been resolved ASAP with all hands on deck. But their QA team is probably 5 people in total (and that's probably being generous). There is no need for harassment and insults against people trying to help fix things. That's all I was saying.
  • T_BearzT_Bearz Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited October 4
    I see a lot of back and forth with the blame game here.

This is appears to be an untested release of the recent DLC, as it is effecting MANY players. That would demonstrate poor customer service and wilful neglect of the player base, so i think it's fair to be upset.

Also as CA is not directly addressing issue we are left with any available point of contact we can find for updates on the issue, like poor CA NATE, whom I assume is getting bombarded.

Many people on here have dropped £100 plus on this game, so feel that asking for a firm response or timescale to resolve this is justified.

For me personally, "looking into it", is just lip service and nearly 1 month on not an acceptable response.

Rather than enjoying the DLC with my friend who I have racked 400 hours playing with, I have instead played through on my own now and it has lost its luster.
    one **** day left til the end of the week its been a month wheres the goddamn fix
  • RubyRedLikeRosesRubyRedLikeRoses Posts: 2Registered Users
    holy crap i seriously paid for a brocken dlc that rendered my game unplayable on multiplayer and the dev's are barely acknowledging this issue
  • ClaudeLeMoldaveClaudeLeMoldave Posts: 3Registered Users
    Well, review bombing might make things move... CA's bosses should care about that, right?

• DroolyDrooly Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    Still waiting
  • chrisoutwrightchrisoutwright Posts: 25Registered Users

Well, review bombing might make things move... CA's bosses should care about that, right?

That's what all Co-Op affected players should do! I think nothing else will get CA moving ...
  • Nick_Foxtails77Nick_Foxtails77 Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited October 5
    review bombing is only likely to take resources away from another projects team. keep in mind this game has alot of content, and a bug like this could be caused by alot of different things intermingling with one another in weird ways. they may have to untangle a vast web of knots to even find the bug.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file