Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Game crashes when trying to start a singleplayer campaign

StormyvilStormyvil Posts: 3Registered Users
Detailed description: Game crashes when trying to launch a new campaign. The load bar reaches about 25% before the game freezes and crashes. Custom battles work fine.

Details of any solutions that have already been attempted: I've removed mods, updated drivers and reinstalled the entire game.

I was looking forward to trying out the new content, guess I won't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comments

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,980Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Rather than disabling mods try removing them entirely, manually if necessary.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • StormyvilStormyvil Posts: 3Registered Users
    I have done that before reinstalling the game. I've noticed that the campaign works once, before I activate any mods. After that, even if I disable all of them, the campaign will no longer start.

Therefore, I have to reinstall it again to play without mods. Once I enable any mod, the game breaks and the campaign will no longer work.

I've never ran into something like this and I've been playing with a lot of mods.
  • StormyvilStormyvil Posts: 3Registered Users
    I have found out that some mods activate themselves. Even if you disable all mods, some might still be somehow activated. Therefore causing the crash.

I suggest removing all mods on Steam and removing them manually. After that, subscribe only to those mods that you know 100% work.
  • FrankieDBFrankieDB Posts: 1Registered Users
    having the same issue.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file