Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Are lizardmen now unable to recruit high level lords in the late game?

Aram_theheadAram_thehead Posts: 896Registered Users
Hello, I took a quick look at the new lizardmen building tree and it looks promising, however there's one problem: the star chamber doesn't provide "lord recruit rank +1" any longer. I looked at the other buildings to see if this was transferred somewhere else but I couldn't find it.

So... Is it missing? That would be a pity, I think it was super useful.

Also: how is one supposed to recruit high level lords when playing as a horde? I think that for horde factions it should not be provided by buildings.

Comments

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,241Registered Users
    Have not checked, but will look soon to confirm.
  • Star Weaver Star Weaver Posts: 31Registered Users
    The only lords affected by the star chamber are the Slann and each chamber gives them a whopping +3 to their recruit rank IIRC. In addition I believe it also adds +2 to heroes recruited in that province.

I think they have a tech that boosts general lord recruitment by +2 or +3. I am not sure if the Stellar Pyramids boost all lords or just Slann now.

Given that you can put Star Chambers in any level 3 settlement that is a pretty crazy boost for the Slann.
  • Aram_theheadAram_thehead Posts: 896Registered Users

The only lords affected by the star chamber are the Slann and each chamber gives them a whopping +3 to their recruit rank IIRC. In addition I believe it also adds +2 to heroes recruited in that province.

I think they have a tech that boosts general lord recruitment by +2 or +3. I am not sure if the Stellar Pyramids boost all lords or just Slann now.

Given that you can put Star Chambers in any level 3 settlement that is a pretty crazy boost for the Slann.

Yeah, but they're now missing the boosts to the saurus oldbloods and red crested skinks. So there's some give and take there...
  • dreagondreagon Senior Member Posts: 1,927Registered Users

Yeah, but they're now missing the boosts to the saurus oldbloods and red crested skinks. So there's some give and take there...
    That is true. But you can easily recruit lvl 30 slann this way so do you really need those other lords?
    "The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman." H.P. Lovecraft
  • Star Weaver Star Weaver Posts: 31Registered Users
    The Star Chamber actually gives +2 to heroes factionwide. Combine this with special buildings and the Gold Smelter and Lotus Gathering Camp and you can easily get heroes with monstrous mounts right off the bat.
    dreagon said:

That is true. But you can easily recruit lvl 30 slann this way so do you really need those other lords?
    Well, to be honest, I have not tried the reworked Slanns yet, so I don't know whether they're good or not. In my previous campaign, I always thought that oldbloods were the best choice. Sooooo... Yeah, I think I need the other lords too :) Maybe they could move that bonus to the geomantic web building chain.
  • MonochromaticSpiderMonochromaticSpider Posts: 828Registered Users

dreagon said:

Well, to be honest, I have not tried the reworked Slanns yet, so I don't know whether they're good or not. In my previous campaign, I always thought that oldbloods were the best choice. Sooooo... Yeah, I think I need the other lords too :) Maybe they could move that bonus to the geomantic web building chain.
    Slanns themselves are still a bit meh, but what you have to consider is that they can have the life lore now, and you'll probably still drop a skink priest on a dino in with them anyway, because why wouldn't you?

And where that leads us is a ton of WOM, double arcane conduit, and potentially dread saurians with regrowth, earth blood and harmonic convergence. Also quite the pool for skink priest chain lightnings.

Think of it as a trade. You lose the punch of a murder-lizard riding a t-rex, but your dino hordes are just plain better and your skink slaughtermaster gets more chain lightning fuel.

I generally dislike spellcaster lords, particularly slow and defenseless spellcaster lords, but life slanns do synergize well with the rest of what you're likely to bring.
    @MonochromaticSpider nice suggestions! Definitely worth a try!
  • BoombastekBoombastek Posts: 2,025Registered Users
    Lore life Slaan 30 lvl with only 10 major setlement?

Who the hell need other lords?

I alredy think about pick only Slaan in campaign, but they got so huge boost.