Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ryzen 3 2200g vs 5 2600

ThomastheCarrotThomastheCarrot Posts: 77Registered Users
Hi, I am currently putting together some parts for a new pc mainly to play with total war games and some other fps or rts type games. I am on quite a budget and am planning on an rx 570 with either a ryzen 3 2200g or a 5 2600. The 2600 is around £40 more than the 2200g and I'm not sure if it's worth the money.

Please comment if you can help, thanks.

Comments

• Aventus_MaximusAventus_Maximus Posts: 230Registered Users
    This is a simple answer.
    YES you would want the ryzen 5 2600 for playing Three kingdoms and Warhammer 2 / Mortal empires all those extra cores do count. i belief modern day games can make use of 8 cores/treads.

Another difference is that the ryzen 5 2600 needs to be accompanied with an dedicated GPU. Did you count that into your expenses?

Male Parta Male Dilabuntur – ‘What has been wrongly gained is wrongly lost.’
    Fiat Lux – ‘Let there be light.’
    Alea Jacta Est – ‘The die is cast.’
  • WatersfallWatersfall Junior Member Posts: 8Registered Users

Another difference is that the ryzen 5 2600 needs to be accompanied with an dedicated GPU. Did you count that into your expenses?

He mentioned getting a RX 570 along with it.

And the Ryzen 5 2600 is definitely a solid performer at it's price, and will have far better performance than the 2200g.
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 3,278Registered Users
    Warhammer 2 Ryzen 5 2600 and RX570 4GB.