Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ah, the post-Honeymoon period

Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Posts: 1,574Registered Users
Ever noticed how people get so intensely hyped up before a DLC that it seems like it's going to be the best thing ever, and then afterwards people declare the DLC craptastic and the worst thing ever?

Ah, the passions of youth. I wish I still had either of those.

Jokes aside, let's be a bit less manipulateable, and maybe chill out a bit, both on the hype train and the post-coitalrelease rage. Feedback is good, hyperbole is easier to dismiss.

I know this won't work, but hey, at least now I can say I tried.

Also, hey mum, I'm on the internet!

Comments

• SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Posts: 402Registered Users
    edited September 16
    +1 for that clearly 10 Charisma score.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 1,630Registered Users
    People should be reasonable ? What a dumb crazy idea.
  • theedge634theedge634 Senior Member Posts: 1,768Registered Users

Ever noticed how people get so intensely hyped up before a DLC that it seems like it's going to be the best thing ever, and then afterwards people declare the DLC craptastic and the worst thing ever?

Ah, the passions of youth. I wish I still had either of those.

Jokes aside, let's be a bit less manipulateable, and maybe chill out a bit, both on the hype train and the post-coitalrelease rage. Feedback is good, hyperbole is easier to dismiss.

I know this won't work, but hey, at least now I can say I tried.

Also, hey mum, I'm on the internet!

To be fair. It's most likely different people.

Person A gets hyped up and says that the DLC will be great.

Person B comes in after the DLC and says it sucks.

Makes sense. Person B probably had reservations to start and wasn't a part of the hype train. Person A is probably enjoying the DLC too much to come and worry about others on the forum.
  • amon_chakaiamon_chakai Posts: 143Registered Users
    Is manipulateable a real word?
  • SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Posts: 402Registered Users
    edited September 16

Is manipulateable a real word?

'Tis. Minus the t.
    Post edited by SubjectEighteen on
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,641Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Interesting discussion I agree, but it has a very tenuous relationship to game play discussion. Moving to TW Chat. Continue there.

Thanks.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • Aventus_MaximusAventus_Maximus Posts: 231Registered Users
    I always thought CA uses bot to simulate real life idiots

Male Parta Male Dilabuntur – ‘What has been wrongly gained is wrongly lost.’
    Fiat Lux – ‘Let there be light.’
    Alea Jacta Est – ‘The die is cast.’
  • Aventus_MaximusAventus_Maximus Posts: 231Registered Users
    TBH
    even i had trouble with that gigantor dino lizard comin out
    promptly bought the TK dlc just to had something to show ya know

Male Parta Male Dilabuntur – ‘What has been wrongly gained is wrongly lost.’
    Fiat Lux – ‘Let there be light.’
    Alea Jacta Est – ‘The die is cast.’