Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

100% confirmed! TROY! Picture inside.

jamreal18jamreal18 Senior MemberPosts: 8,590Registered Users

Comments

• KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,832Registered Users
    I'm expecting we will see a trailer later today.
  • nephlitenephlite Posts: 196Registered Users
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 3,282Registered Users
    Probably they play to announce next week but then the cat's out of the bag already.

So maybe tonight. 😁
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    Ew... this has nothing to do with Total War Three Kingdoms! get this blasphemy out of here OR FACE MY WRATH!

"I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,590Registered Users

Ew... this has nothing to do with Total War Three Kingdoms! get this blasphemy out of here OR FACE MY WRATH!

They are both historical,
  • Gabs88Gabs88 Junior Member Posts: 262Registered Users
    Nice find ! But do I read correct, "Monsters" ? I would be very disapointed
    World of Gods and Monsters.

Maybe there will be power-ups just like in Middle Earth 2.

I hope I'm wrong.
  • markp27markp27 Posts: 1,303Registered Users
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,467Registered Users
    My curiosity is growing...
  • MemnonMemnon Senior Member Posts: 581Registered Users
    Im just hope this new Saga have two option same as Three Kingdoms-fantasy and historical.Not just fantasy....
  • XVypeXXVypeX Posts: 96Registered Users
    I'm thinking Age of Mythology big time.....very excited!
  • ComradCommodoreComradCommodore Senior Member Posts: 419Registered Users
    jamreal18 said:

I hope I'm wrong.

I just want my Middle Earth III 😭
  • SpectorSpector Senior Member Posts: 750Registered Users
    Spells, monsters, heroes vs armies. It's a good thing it has it's own Saga brand. Wouldn't want players to think this is an official part of the Total War main franchise.
    Playing Total War since the original Shogun
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,467Registered Users

Nothing coming today, come back tomorrow lads.
  • united84united84 Posts: 606Registered Users
    I sense this saga will be as divisive as Thrones.

Thrones of Britannia was an interesting period for a total war game but the implementation was bad. I bought the game because I am a huge fan of History channel's Vikings and of course Ragnar Lodbrok.

But Troy. Not so much, tried to read up on the period and it is boring as hell. I think it has a lot to with the fact that this period is neither historical nor part of high quality creative writing (like Warhammer or rotk lore). The whole debate about Troy is filled with ambiguity and uncertainty lol....that really turns some people off like myself.

If this was the first Saga, CA would have the element of surprise but unfortunately they used up that bonus perk. Yea, I think I will save my money on the next TW3K content.
  • JacquestheApostateJacquestheApostate Senior Member Posts: 672Registered Users
    Memnon said:

Im just hope this new Saga have two option same as Three Kingdoms-fantasy and historical.Not just fantasy....

Me too or I won't even consider buying it.
    3 Kingdoms is a great game campaign wise. Make ranked battles in Records mode. Until that is done it won't be complete.
    Gun Cav in Shogun II should have a Retainer!
    Give us another Avatar Campaign!
  • toskyruntoskyrun Junior Member Posts: 84Registered Users
    edited September 18
    oh, just the end of the historical total war. if some time before there were hopes, this "gods and monsters" wipes them away.
    fiction won, my friends, hollywood total war has arrived. release the leviathan, unleash the hydra, do not look into the eyes of Medusa.

yes, it will be beautiful.

I am only sorry for those like me who dreamed of a total war medieval 3 : continuing with this fiction they will put "the witcher" in when they do it.
  • ScratcH1ScratcH1 Posts: 164Registered Users
    From reddit:

Looks like it won't contain any monsters or fantasy elements.
  • iceniiicenii Senior Member The PhilippinesPosts: 1,369Registered Users
    Considering how CA abandoned ToB so quickly and then came back later and tried too re-brand FotS as a Saga title i'm not very confident for their next release. Also this new Saga title is going too have too compete against Warhammer2 DLC/FLC most likely 3K content and a potential Warhammer3 release next year. TW has always been a niche segment of PC gaming not sure if there's enough Charlemagne's to go around.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii ".
  • BoicoteBoicote Senior Member Posts: 639Registered Users
    If you are an expert in literature, please correct me, but I think the relevance of the Romace of the Three Kingdoms for the Chinese culture is propably the same that Iliad has for the "Western" culture. So, I think that Troy is the natural successor of Three Kingdoms TW.
  • SuliotSuliot Senior Member Posts: 685Registered Users
    It will be a huge turn off for me if the game has mythological creatures in it. We already have WH and 3K which is half-mythical anyway...
    ScratcH1 said:

From reddit:

Looks like it won't contain any monsters or fantasy elements.

Truth behind the myth. So we can expect it to contain a massive earthquake near the end of the game. Poseidon was the god of the sea, horses and earthquakes. Most now believe that the wooden horse was a symbolic representation of Poseidon's power and it was an earthquake that brought down the walls of Troy and allowed the Greeks to march in with little resistance.

I am wondering what you have to do to get this event to occur.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,525Registered Users
    jamreal18 said:

They are both historical.
    They both are Romanticized Settings, and looks like Total War: Troy is going to have Monsters, and not only 'Charles Atlas Superpower', so in that sense it closer to Total War: Warhammer.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CharlesAtlasSuperpower
    Tayvar said:

jamreal18 said:

They are both historical.
    They both are Romanticized Settings, and looks like Total War: Troy is going to have Monsters, and not only 'Charles Atlas Superpower', so in that sense it closer to Total War: Warhammer.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CharlesAtlasSuperpower
    I am wondering what monsters you expect Troy to have, other than the gods participating?

If there are monsters I would expect it to be a later DLC for the odyssey, which happens after the Trojan war.
  • RikisRikis Posts: 1,158Registered Users
    If they go with the age of mythology approach (Love that game) then I'm all in. If they go more with a hystorical approach with 3K duels and diplomacy I'm again all in. Simply love the ancient greek setting and short of bizarre or stupid gameplay changes I cant see how I will not like Troy.

With that being said, I don't see this as the "death" of historical titles like some seem to think. The Saga brand was suppose to be smaller games that they use to experiment new features instead of risking it in a full blown game like, say, 3K.

The only thing thats sad in all of this to me is that the next 3K DLC seems to be a ways off. Hope that FLC in october is something good.
  • KirkwaldKirkwald Posts: 127Registered Users
    Don't quote me on this but I read from a certain somewhere who bought this particular magazine that stuff like "titans" would be units in the game i.e. collosus of rhodes.
  • IchonIchon Senior Member Posts: 4,783Registered Users
    edited September 18
    jamreal18 said:

I hope I'm wrong.

I am sure CA tests the waters since ToB and 8 Princes sold a bit less well than forecast though still enough to pay the cost of production, knowing the demand for history + mythology is a bit stronger than just pure history will likely slant TW titles in the future.

Troy is semi-mythological anyway so having some Demi-gods, monsters, heroes, and actual Gods seems not too much of a stretch. With Three Kingdoms now out the historical eras that would sell well and that CA has not yet done are getting smaller. Rise of Persia, Renaissance, Rise of Moscovy, Victorian Age, TW Americas... or return to MTW3 as pure historical eras in distinct milieu is getting smaller.

On the other hand if CA expands into mythology or alternate history the possibilities are huge. Steampunk, Thousand and One Nights, Titans vs the Gods of Olympus, etc.
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • Lord_HenkusLord_Henkus Posts: 1,472Registered Users
    That's one sexy tiger on the cover
    How negative I may sound, game is stil 11 out of 10

Also, please slow down combat!

Kirkwald said:

Don't quote me on this but I read from a certain somewhere who bought this particular magazine that stuff like "titans" would be units in the game i.e. collosus of rhodes.

Quoted and noted :D
    edited September 18
    Truth behind the myth.

CA acknowledge the it's a myth but they are focusing on TRUTH.

-------------
    Hope it's historical, the unit size is now 240 on ultra (awesome) but the cavalry is 60 (disappointing).

Hope Troy has different proportion in terms of unit size.

-------------
    I expect to see fantastic sieges and high walls.