Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Maybe it's just me but I don't see the point of Saga's...

agentbermy441agentbermy441 Posts: 18Registered Users
Sure it's like a mini game but what's the point in a Sea of full games? I can't remember the last time I chose to buy a cheeseburger slider over a regular burger...I think even with multiple teams just focus on making complete fleshed out game and even use those resources that would have been used to make a saga and instead use it to improve the depth of sieges, in battle variables that can effect the outcome of the battle etc...

Comments

• yx3768031yx3768031 Posts: 154Registered Users
    Saga can be used to test new unproved features, for example new resources instead of money alone. Even if it failed it won't hurt a lot.
  • SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Posts: 402Registered Users
    CA$H MONEY. DOLLA DOLLA BILLS Y'ALL.
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 3,037Registered Users
    edited September 20
    Yeah, I'm honestly looking forward to the resources based economy.

I just think its funny i predicted right on no naval battles in it.
    I just wonder if my second one will be true to, "Zombie Helen!"
    basically the most beautiful person being ugly in-game.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • KelefaneKelefane Posts: 1,334Registered Users
    Quick cash grabs.

• Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Posts: 2,974Registered Users
    Gotta keep the series going.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,047Registered Users
    Beats me. There's a market though. Not sure who the hell they are, but they are there.
  • summertimelovinsummertimelovin Posts: 187Registered Users
    yx3768031 said:

Saga can be used to test new unproved features, for example new resources instead of money alone. Even if it failed it won't hurt a lot.

Pretty much this. They use them as testing grounds for innovations they could implement in future non saga titles if received well.
  • jimityjimity Senior Member Posts: 305Registered Users
    yx3768031 said:

+1

I feel as though ToB was a testing ground for a lot of the stuff in 3K (eg the different faction 'currency' and with military supplies).

Was it the best game? No

Did I get my $40 worth? Yes

I'm hoping for the same thing with Troy. Hopefully they will be testing ideas for Med 3; but that's just my dream
    But honey, I can't come to bed, this is important - someone is wrong on the internet!
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,481Registered Users
    Maybe it's just me but I don't see the point in discussing a Saga game on the Warhammer forum. It has no affect on TWW.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Posts: 933Registered Users
    Troy has a modified TWW 2 engine.
    And:
    "Nikolov says a number of innovations from Three Kingdoms will be carried over to Troy: “for example, we have recreated some diplomacy-related features which the players really liked. Some quality-of-life stuff.”

So if we dont get settlement donation in our christmas QoL changes It would be a shame.
  • ConstantineZAynConstantineZAyn Posts: 110Registered Users
    edited September 20
    You don’t see the point because there is none. They’re quick cashgrabs.

Maybe it's just me but I don't see the point in discussing a Saga game on the Warhammer forum. It has no affect on TWW.

Wrong. CA has limited resources. The people making sagas could be working on warhammer and giving us a better game.
  • Tibi088Tibi088 Posts: 144Registered Users
    I like the idea of sagas - they just have yet to choose a focus thats really interesting for me. I would have really liked if they went fully mythical on Troy/ancient greece. This version - I dont really care about. I might pick it up but im at the moment not that enthusiastic. I loved the detailed map of thrones and some of the mechanics - but im not really that high on vikings. If they picked a for me more interesting setting - i would love the detail it went on to Thrones for a crusader game for example (I also loved the med2 Kingdoms champaign there) - I would hyped and would love it.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Posts: 1,369Registered Users
    edited September 20
    Thrones of Britannia had the best combat barring Warhammer in the series. Troy looks set to do the same. Also, the map is focused on a single culture around a specific flashpoint in history, Thrones of Britannia did the best British map of any total war game.
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Posts: 2,175Registered Users
    At least if we see Nemean Lion we know high elves get theirs :*

Wrong. CA has limited resources. The people making sagas could be working on warhammer and giving us a better game.
    Exactly. CA has limited resources. There's no reason to think the resources on this Saga game would go to TWW if it was not being made.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • warhammerwarlordwarhammerwarlord Posts: 165Registered Users
    I am not sure they even get the return of investment with saga series, maybe just with 3K (due to Chinese fans only, then again, they probably pirate it anyway).

• TotalBorehammerTotalBorehammer Posts: 858Registered Users

Wrong, he is completely correct. This a TWW-focused forum and anyone with half a brain knows CA work on multiple projects at the same time. This topic belongs in the general discussion forum, not here.
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)
  • Overlord87Overlord87 Posts: 824Registered Users
    Honestly, I don't see the point of any TW game now that I have Warhammer. I could possibly see myself playing a LOTR TW, and sure as hell I would play a WH40K TW, but apart from that, not interested in anything else.
  • DarkLordOfDarknessDarkLordOfDarkness Posts: 213Registered Users

I just wonder if my second one will be true to, "Zombie Helen!"
    basically the most beautiful person being ugly in-game.

I don't even think she will be shown, she doesn't fight so what's the point of making her a model
  • Greasus_GoldtoothGreasus_Goldtooth Posts: 112Registered Users

Sure they have limited resources, and the Sagas team is the Sofia team so if they were not making saga games they would be making rome 2 dlc.... They are working in a completly diffrent country on a completly diffrent game and so would not be put on Wh3 either way.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,762Registered Users
    edited September 20

I am not sure they even get the return of investment with saga series, maybe just with 3K (due to Chinese fans only, then again, they probably pirate it anyway).

3K is not a Saga game and its sales numbers say otherwise.

• Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 4,948Registered Users
    Maybe there are people out there with little free time, so they would prefer a short-ish version of Total War. That's really the only reason I can think of.
    edited September 20

Wrong, he is completely correct. This a TWW-focused forum and anyone with half a brain knows CA work on multiple projects at the same time. This topic belongs in the general discussion forum, not here.
    Anyone with half a brain knows that multiple teams can be dedicated to making one excellent product instead of being spread thin over multiple projects.

Exactly. CA has limited resources. There's no reason to think the resources on this Saga game would go to TWW if it was not being made.
    Actually, yes there is. The saga team could help make the actual big games, like the upcoming TWW3. Historical and fantasy team are the same thing.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 1,700Registered Users
    The issue I have with this game is thay said everywhere in the FAQ that it was historical but it absolutely isn't. The game is set in a legend, what's historical about that ?

Also "we know you love the naval battles so we didn't give them" was great to read /s.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,148Registered Users
    Saga games are used to test new mechanics and gameplay features and are used to pus the particular engine they're using a little further. They are also used to make more money, which I'd say is pretty reasonable for any company.
    edited September 20
    @ConstantineZAyn "could". They could do lots of things, they could work on Rome 2 DLC, they could work on Medieval 3, they could be laid off because CA has limited resources and using them on a team that doesn't have a role isn't exactly the most logical idea.

The suggestion that if the Saga team wasn't working on a Saga game that TWW would immediately benefit is quite simply baseless. Sure, that could be the case, but it's unlikely. If CA wanted extra resources for the TWW team then they could simply do that.
    Post edited by Vanilla_Gorilla on
  • KDubyaKDubya Junior Member Posts: 138Registered Users
    I am interested to see how the different mass of infantry behave on the battlefield. Heavier and slower infantry pushing lighter faster units out of the way would greatly improve combat. Think of how cool it could be in Warhammer 3 with Chosen and Marauders behaving differently in the battle scrum based on their mass.

Add in resources for units and a recruiting pool like in Thrones and you'd have a better more immersive game for the next Warhammer.
  • JadawinKhanidiJadawinKhanidi Posts: 886Registered Users
    yx3768031 said:

Does not make much sense to me. Maybe the saga titles have great features that I'd love to see in other games. I'll never know because even the best features will not make me buy a game if its setting just has no appeal for me.

At first I even thought Troy might be great, because the setting basically screams for a history-fantasy hybrid. But seems they go full historical... so I'm out.

@ConstantineZAyn "could". They could do lots of things, they could work on Rome 2 DLC, they could work on Medieval 3, they could be laid off because CA has limited resources and using them on a team that doesn't have a role isn't exactly the most logical idea.

The suggestion that if the Saga team wasn't working on a Saga game that TWW would immediately benefit is quite simply baseless. Sure, that could be the case, but it's unlikely. If CA wanted extra resources for the TWW team then they could simply do that.

You’re posting nonsense and ignoring my statements just for the sake of it. Go look at Red Dead Redemption 2. At some point every single rockstar studio was developing that game, 17 studios working as a single team. They could easily have those studios making cash grabs but they poured all of their resources into one excellent game. Do I need to continue walking you through this or can you process it on your own?
  • agentbermy441agentbermy441 Posts: 18Registered Users

You’re posting nonsense and ignoring my statements just for the sake of it. Go look at Red Dead Redemption 2. At some point every single rockstar studio was developing that game, 17 studios working as a single team. They could easily have those studios making cash grabs but they poured all of their resources into one excellent game. Do I need to continue walking you through this or can you process it on your own?
    Exactly imagine if they focused their resources to improve warhammer. We have yet to have 360 degree forts or in-depth staggered defenses. Fact is these saga’s resources could be used elsewhere. Time and time again companies that focus on creating a masterpiece do better then companies that churn out shallower games. I didn’t even want to play TOB.