Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Polling favorite faction

2»

Comments

• SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Posts: 1,174Registered Users
    edited September 22
    @Subr1185

See what I mean: this list has less to do with personal preference and more to do with what factions are DLC and what factions are the most fleshed out.

Top factions are all factions that came in game 2 or have received updates since game 2:

1. Empire (just received the biggest update on record and one of the best DPC factions we've ever seen. Most people are likely playing them right now)

2. Lizardmen (game 2 faction with more polish and mechanics than the game 1 factions. Participates in the vortex race and all lords exist on both maps. LM have received the most new content recently, again, most people are probably playing them at the moment).

4. The high elves (Game 2 race with all the advantages listed before. Had 2 of the best DLC/FLC lords we've seen, with great units in Q&c)

5. Dark elves (game 2 race, same again)

Then it goes: Dwarfs (updated), Vampire Counts (updated) all the way down to Chaos and Greenskins at the bottom who are mechanically deficient and borderline broken.

The only ones that don't follow this pattern are the Vampire Coast and Tomb Kings and that's because they're expensive race packs who have seen the least drop in price so far. Not everyone has them.
  • SaurianDruidSaurianDruid Posts: 922Registered Users
    Lizardmen. There is almost nothing I dislike about them and they hit nearly all my favorite aesthetics. Lizardfolk, dinosaurs, Mesoamerican designs, alien gods, jungles, various sub-species working together, etc. It is like it was made to cater to my tastes.

Gameplay wise they also boast an extremely flexible roster that can make a wide range of different kinds of armies. I can go heavy and smash things with dinosaurs, go light and focus on skirmishers, create an army of fire breathing lizards and solar beams, or go for a more balanced army.

Then their characters are all diverse and interesting. I can go big on dinosaurs with Kroq-Gar, full skink swarm with Tehenhauin, super powered magic with Mazdamundi or Lord Kroak, or blot out the Sun with really big rocks as Tiktaq'to. So many interesting playstyles to choose from!

Plus the units are just really cool. Dinosaurs with laser beams strapped to their back! How can you get more fun than that?
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 1,465Registered Users
    @SaurianDruid couldn’t agree more with your comment! That’s the reason why LM are my favourite too. I actually motivated myself to give Tiktaq’to a try and his army style is super fun. Never expected teradons could be so powerful when used in masses. Really different playstyle compared to other LM factions.
  • HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Posts: 2,417Registered Users

Oh look, good races take up all 3 top slots. What a surprise.

Bootman are not a good race
  • SaurianDruidSaurianDruid Posts: 922Registered Users
    ArneSo said:

couldn’t agree more with your comment! That’s the reason why LM are my favourite too. I actually motivated myself to give Tiktaq’to a try and his army style is super fun. Never expected teradons could be so powerful when used in masses. Really different playstyle compared to other LM factions.

I was one of the few folks who weren't disappointed when Tiktaq'to was announced. I was actually really excited because I love that little guy. He and his silly name were my first exposure to Warhammer Fantasy.

I remember my first campaign as him. I was positive I couldn't take the first fight with my starter army. I mean, you barely have any front line infantry! It is almost all skirmishers! How can I win?

Then I got the AI to blob up and wiped out the entire army with one terradon pass. I was grinning ear to ear.