Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Add more Skaven Clans

SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Registered Users Posts: 571
There are almost 50 named Skaven clans in Warhammer Fantasy Lore. There 11 in game and almost all of them are laughably weak. I don't particularly care to play as the Skaven, but I love fighting them and I love the dynamic they bring to the areas of the map that they inhabit.

Add Skab (lives under Nuln) by adding a ruined city somwhere.
Add Scruten in Arnau in the Wasteland.
Add Volkn in the Misty Mountains.
Add Skurvy by placing a new city by Tobaro. Add Skurvy, Skully and Skuttle while you're at it by putting them along the coasts of the badlands, or by adding cities to the Border Princes.
Add Black Chasm and make Eshin the only clan with territory all over the world in its 3 strongholds.
Add Festerlingus in the southlands and put them in the desert in ME.
Add Ektrik and Vrrtkin in the mountains somwhere near Skavenblight so Skryre can have its' thralls. You could add a two city moutain province in Estalia no problem.

The game needs more Skaven, a lot more. I personally feel that the ai should all start with multiple under cities too. Tone down their spread of corruption to counter balance their increased number but the Skaven need some help.

Comments

• NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 13,263
    Some Skaven in Mordheim could be nice too.

• Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,458
    I don't mind getting more Skaven (and yes, they tend to die out too quickly), but that's too many settlements too close. There needs to be some distance, imho, or else every battle ends up being a siege - which is agony.

• SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Registered Users Posts: 571

I don't mind getting more Skaven (and yes, they tend to die out too quickly), but that's too many settlements too close. There needs to be some distance, imho, or else every battle ends up being a siege - which is agony.

Sieges against the Skaven are actually fun though. They're often nerve wracking because of the defensive abilities they get. If they have a unit of Plagueclaws then you're units are in real trouble.

I don't really care where they add Skaven clans. I just want more of them. Like a solid 15 more to start.
  • Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Registered Users Posts: 1,531
    Arean't Scurvy technically in the game as a roaming pirate faction.
    neodeinos said:

I have this feeling that CA are saving Thanquol for a start in Mordheim, if he gets in in game 2. Would be annoying if we had to wait for another white dwarf magazine release to get him.
  • FrostPawFrostPaw Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,173

neodeinos said:

I have this feeling that CA are saving Thanquol for a start in Mordheim, if he gets in in game 2. Would be annoying if we had to wait for another white dwarf magazine release to get him.
    I think Gotrek and Felix is paving the way for Thanquol and Boneripper as agents of Skaven factions. Which would mean they aren't tied to a single clan.

neodeinos said:

I have thought of that too, that could be an interesting start.

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,287
    15 more Clans would be insane. One or two settlements added in the Old World maybe and then filling up Mordheim with some Skaven as well as putting some in the World’s Edge Mountains. It’s a sad thing that apart from Queek in Karag Orrud and his Under City in Karak Eight Peaks there are no Skaven in the Worlds Edge Mountains.

It’s actually a wondrous thing that in the areas included in the original Old World campaign there are only a total of 2(!) Skaven settlements. That’s less than there is in the stumped off Southlands!
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
    RikRiorik said:

15 more Clans would be insane. One or two settlements added in the Old World maybe and then filling up Mordheim with some Skaven as well as putting some in the World’s Edge Mountains. It’s a sad thing that apart from Queek in Karag Orrud and his Under City in Karak Eight Peaks there are no Skaven in the Worlds Edge Mountains.

It’s actually a wondrous thing that in the areas included in the original Old World campaign there are only a total of 2(!) Skaven settlements. That’s less than there is in the stumped off Southlands!

Okay, maybe 15 is a bit high but I think CA could add quite a few more Skaven factions across the entirety of the map.
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 4,881
    Adding all of these clans would do wonders for the end turn times.

/s
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Registered Users Posts: 1,487
    Add more Skaven? Nay.

Remove existing Skaven? Yea

Remove Skaven fans? Yea

Add more High Elves because they are better than everyone? Yea
  • warhammerwarlordwarhammerwarlord Registered Users Posts: 174
    edited September 2019
    Yes, yes, let's add 50 more skaven clans, this definitely is a "good idea"
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,185

There are almost 50 named Skaven clans in Warhammer Fantasy Lore. There 11 in game and almost all of them are laughably weak. I don't particularly care to play as the Skaven, but I love fighting them and I love the dynamic they bring to the areas of the map that they inhabit.

Add Skurvy by placing a new city by Tobaro. Add Skurvy, Skully and Skuttle while you're at it by putting them along the coasts of the badlands, or by adding cities to the Border Princes.
    Add Black Chasm and make Eshin the only clan with territory all over the world in its 3 strongholds.
    Add Ektrik and Vrrtkin in the mountains somwhere near Skavenblight so Skryre can have its' thralls. You could add a two city moutain province in Estalia no problem.

The game needs more Skaven, a lot more. I personally feel that the ai should all start with multiple under cities too. Tone down their spread of corruption to counter balance their increased number but the Skaven need some help.

It most certainly does NOT.

Why do Skaven fanatics never realize that the vast bulk of Skavendom stays UNDERGROUND. Most their conflicts are with dwarfs and greenskins and take place underground. They are NOT an above-ground empire. They have only minor presence there.

If you want more skaven, make more emergent rebellions when skaven corruption is a thing.

Placing them on the map itself without them managing to take a settlement over first is nonsense for most clans. As it is they have DRASTICALLY more present in Southlands AND Lustria than they should.
    Itharus said:

It most certainly does NOT.

Why do Skaven fanatics never realize that the vast bulk of Skavendom stays UNDERGROUND. Most their conflicts are with dwarfs and greenskins and take place underground. They are NOT an above-ground empire. They have only minor presence there.

If you want more skaven, make more emergent rebellions when skaven corruption is a thing.

Placing them on the map itself without them managing to take a settlement over first is nonsense for most clans. As it is they have DRASTICALLY more present in Southlands AND Lustria than they should.
    Sure. The Skaven might live underground and they might fight most of their conflicts away from the eyes of most mortal races. But that's not how Total War Warhammer works. We're never going to get an "under-empire map" for the Skaven. Therefore they have to have a strong above ground presence for their impact to be felt. If the AI actually effectively used the under-empire mechanics to spawn random skaven armies in your territory then maybe it wouldn't be so much of a problem.

I'm a Lizardmen fanboy. I want more filthy rats to destroy.
    Then kill tehenhuain and itza ;)
    edited September 2019
    Itharus said:

Then kill tehenhuain and itza ;)

You blaspheme sir. The Prophet of Sotek shall sacrifice your green body to the mighty snake god.
    Post edited by SubjectEighteen on
  • rad13rad13 Member Registered Users Posts: 632
    I think that the next DLC around Christmas (Festag) timeframe will be Skaven vs Dwarves and further build out the Eastern part of the Old World map in Mortal empires (Moulder now start with an under-empire beneath Altdorf)

and be based in the Southlands in the Vortex campaign.
  • TWforumUN1989TWforumUN1989 Registered Users Posts: 221
    edited October 2019
    -
    Post edited by TWforumUN1989 on
    16262 said:

maybe consider increasing the unit size of their lower tiered units too. Would make them feel closer to their endless swarms of rats in the lore.

Good luck... I've been saying that about orcs and goblins for like 4 years now.
  • BaronRodneyBaronRodney Registered Users Posts: 1,088
    The World's Edge Mountains need some Skaven for sure. Not just adding Tretch when they expand the map eastwards but the dwarfs should be spending their time fending off Greenskins and Skaven for their early game. Karak Varn as a ruined dwarf hold, occupied by Skaven anyone?
  • Gerra3295Gerra3295 Registered Users Posts: 58
    I agree. Need more skaven presence on the map and two more playable skaven factions but please no more Trenches Craventail.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    Break up Karak Azul, leave them with one settlement, divide the other five between Skaven and Greenskins.

Should have been done several patches ago.
  • UagrimUagrim Registered Users Posts: 1,941
    Gerra3295 said:

I agree. Need more skaven presence on the map and two more playable skaven factions but please no more Trenches Craventail.

So no more LLs with an army book entry and an acctual model on the tabletop XD

I don't get the hate for tretch he is perfect skaven character and now that we know you likely get two more you can stop moaning about him.
    edited September 2019
    Uagrim said:

Gerra3295 said:

I don't get the hate for tretch he is perfect skaven character and now that we know you likely get two more you can stop moaning about him.
    I'm really not a Skaven player, I just love to murder the little buggers. I have to say that of the Skaven games I've tried, Tretch was the most "Skaveny" if that makes sense. He doesn't have a lot of uniqueness to him, but man did he play like a backstabber and an opportunist.
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 2,065
    We need just a few new Skaven factions in Old World. I hope CA wil fix this in new Skaven Lord pack.
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
    Uagrim said:

Gerra3295 said:

Honestly the little lore we have about Tretch is great, I love him.

• ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,810
    Uagrim said:

It's more hate for who he isn't, rather than himself.

Once Thanquol and Throt are in-game, people might appreciate Tretch more.

"Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,837
    FrostPaw said:

neodeinos said:

I think Gotrek and Felix is paving the way for Thanquol and Boneripper as agents of Skaven factions. Which would mean they aren't tied to a single clan.
    That would be really cool, Thanquol as a lord and boneripper as a hero. Of course, there would be a different boneripper every time you recruit him.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,837
    Correct me if i'm wrong but Altdorf as a chance of starting the campaign with an undercity, right? Why not give this to more settlements?
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!

Correct me if i'm wrong but Altdorf as a chance of starting the campaign with an undercity, right? Why not give this to more settlements?

Others settlements have already a slight chance to have an undercity when you start the campaign.

• Elder_MolochElder_Moloch Registered Users Posts: 1,799
    neodeinos said:

That may delete Vampire Counts from Sylvania completly. They have enough troubles already.
    I've stated one of Counts campaigns not long ago and for some reason my territories were poisoned by Skaven corruption in early game (I assume there was Undercity somewhere).
    It was sure different (maybe interesting in that sense), but quite unpleasant, since you already have lots of issues in early game and more Order penalties/Less Corruption or dedicated hero/special building vs Skaven aren't nice and just slow you even more.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________