Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Bloodkiss Lords

SanyanaSanyana Registered Users Posts: 8
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
Hello
I play as Vampire Counts right now and I try to unlock a bloodkiss lord.

I try it every turn, look at the trait he has then reload and try again next turn.

I really want a good trait but it seems like the bloodline lords all have not a single good trait to offer no matter how many times I try. I always get useless traits like movment speed.

do those bloodkiss lords even get usefull traits or can I just roll from trash to garbage?

Comments

• endurstonehelm#6102endurstonehelm#6102 Registered Users Posts: 4,260
    The Lords have so many great abilities I never really worry about the random traits.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SanyanaSanyana Registered Users Posts: 8
    the thing is I specificly started this campaign to use the bloodkiss lords.

I now tryed over 15 turns to get the first one with a good trait.

The thing is I don't know which trait are even possible on those lahmian ladys and worst of all, I don't know which traits are really good.... I allways try to get knowledged or diszipliened because someone said those are the best.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Setrus#7519Setrus#7519 Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,845
    Aa single poor starting trait won't determine the rest of the characters path, surely? Maybe you worry too much over minmaxing? :smile:
    Don't worry.
  • Elder_MolochElder_Moloch Registered Users Posts: 1,799
    There were reasonably good traits as far as I remember (MA/LD buffs for army and building cost reduction), but yeah, I assume it may take a while to find good one.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Rolf1989Rolf1989 Registered Users Posts: 546
    edited September 2019
    Setrus said:

Aa single poor starting trait won't determine the rest of the characters path, surely? Maybe you worry too much over minmaxing? :smile:

I had the same problem. Always waiting for Disciplined or Knowledgeable on Lords and Heroes. They are the best traits, but the amount of time and frustration spend on waiting for them wasn't worth the bother. So I force myself to just pick the best of what's available.
  • GettoGecko#7861GettoGecko#7861 Registered Users Posts: 1,686
    Guys you can bring in disciplined via heroes too and because they don't stack with each other or similar effects you can also see it as a wasted lord trait if you have it multiple times. The movespeed buffs isn't bad eighter if you have a melee focused lord who you want to use to roam around the battlefield or simply to bait and kite with a magic hero.

I really had to laugh when I read "and worst of all, I don't know which traits are really good.." because seriously you keep up rerolling this stuff over and over again without the ability to recognise good choices and than come here to complain about that you don't get the stuff you don't even know you want. :lol::lol::lol:
    edited September 2019

I really had to laugh when I read "and worst of all, I don't know which traits are really good.." because seriously you keep up rerolling this stuff over and over again without the ability to recognise good choices and than come here to complain about that you don't get the stuff you don't even know you want. :lol::lol::lol:

I dont know what that is suposed to mean but I think there is allways one of those guys....
    I asked if there are any good traits possible with those bloody kiss lords which implies that I need to know which one I also could go for besides knowledge and disciplined.

And I most certainly did not complain about anything. I said "it seems like they don't have any good traits" which encouraged to tell me that i am wrong about that and which traits are good.

For everyone else thanks for your advice you were very helpfull!
  • Deep_echo_soundDeep_echo_sound Registered Users Posts: 601
    Hello.
    I always roll for "disciplined" bloodline lords.
    And "disciplined" trait, maybe, stack.
    You do not need to wait many turns, however, some save-load maybe needed.

"Knowledgeable" trait is great on necromancers or vampires, maybe. Vampires can be "disciplined" for sure.

So, what you need to do is save.
    That make battle with someone, or, better, take agent action. Like any action with chance and cost.
    After every single action of that type, random values in game are re-rolled.

So, you can save. Then try to awaken lord.
    If she or he has bad trait, you make a fight of hero action. And then try again to awaken bloodline lord.
    Potentially you can do it as many times as you have agents or battles per turn.
    But! This is time and in-game money consuming.
    To make it better and faster you can focus on heroes action cost decrease. Because, hero actions are way faster than manual fights.

Good luck.
    Wow, I did not know that you can influence the randomness that easy. This might be time consuming but certainly better than skipping turn after turn!
    Even though I decided to get the trait overhaul mod that makes every trait useful if not overpowered.

• Aram_theheadAram_thehead Registered Users Posts: 1,005
    Don't know about traits specifically. Bloodline lords are so powerful that you don't need to care about traits, not even on legendary difficulty.
  • JastalllJastalll Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,887
    Random traits are nothing to worry about in my books. 2 LD across the army won't make or break any battle by the time you can get them anyway, and Bloodline Lords are so OP that the bonuses you get from getting them into the field and thus leveling them up far outweight any trait.
    yes you are all probably right
  • Kannabyss420#5579Kannabyss420#5579 Perth, AustraliaRegistered Users Posts: 124
    I hate to necro a thread, but I'm trying to add my opinions to discussion that already exist rather than create new ones that aren't needed.

I have to agree with the OP, I used to save and reload until I got a good trait, but I tend to not to do so now because the Bloodline Lords are powerful enough. However, it's super annoying getting the immune to psychology trait, despite it still giving +3 LD, and furthermore, I tend to choose traits that fit thematically with what I'm trying to achieve, on ANY faction I play, and then name them accordingly to what trait I chose.

Yes, they are minor buffs, but it's simply a case of feels bad man when you get the immune to psychology trait when you're already immune to it. It never used to be as much of a problem because you never had used to have enough of an economy to potentially to field all of your bloodline lords, but this is defintielt not the case anymore. I am a strong advocate for getting the game up to the 5-star quality it truly deserves, but I am also a strong advocate for tweaking the bloodline system when Vampire Counts get looked at again, as with other races that need their loving too.

Personally, Vampire Counts need a system where you can choose traits that correlate with the Vampiric Powers section of the Vampire Counts army book (6th-8th edition?), even if they're just named for flavour. Nothing too crazy like the High Elf traits you get from Influence, since that would be a disservice to the High Elves, and tbf most of the Bloodline vamps power comes from unlocking their unique abilities in the skill tree. It would make them a little more unique.

However, the High Elves had something similar with Vampiric Powers or Gifts of Chaos back in the day. To educate, Lords and Heros had a budget for Magical items to spend in TT (100 for lords, 50 for heroes), and in High Elves case they could give unit champions magical items. Characters of the three aforementioned races also had a separate budget for Vampiric Powers, Gifts of Chaos, and whatever the High Elf equivalents was called, so this should be taken into consideration when the change comes. I think Dark elves got something like this also, but I never owned any Dark Elf armybooks.

I'll add my thoughts to the feedback suggestions section when I get a chance, but I've talked about it in the past with some scathing criticisms that weren't hugely fair considering we got the Bloodline mechanic pretty cheaply, but it was coming from a place of love. :smile:
    Honour? Death? I will bring to you the honour of Death so you may understand such concepts more clearly!
  • #153592#153592 Registered Users Posts: 323

Yes, I also find it annoying that the lines on them are random, either we should be able to choose, or they are fixed.

Another thing, I find it unfortunate that we are limited to 3 Lords of this type for each line. Because given that we don't yet have access (I hope one day) to a Legendary Lord from each line, if we want to have a fun campaign in monobloodline, we are stuck at a maximum of 3 Lords... I think that we should be able to continue to recruit new ones, but pay each time the 12 Bloodkiss for a new one (or so that it doubles each time)

In any case, I hope that we will soon have all the vampiric bloodlines playable with at least one Legendary Lord for each and their own mechanics, and that this current mechanic for the Von Carsteins will change. I really wish they had something else, like a way to somehow participate in the Imperial Elector Count system.
  • Slayer_Yannir#8069Slayer_Yannir#8069 Registered Users Posts: 2,720

I hate to necro a thread, but I'm trying to add my opinions to discussion that already exist rather than create new ones that aren't needed.

That's all well and good but still, don't necro threads that are over 3 years old. Much of what was relevant at the time is no longer so and there's been an entire third game released inbetween.
    Formerly known as Yannir. Oaths have been taken.
  • Kannabyss420#5579Kannabyss420#5579 Perth, AustraliaRegistered Users Posts: 124
    @Slayer_Yannir#8069
    I understand what you're saying mate, but this particular discussion (despite it being three years old and there has been an entire game in between) is still relevant to this day. I could have made an entirely new thread about it of course, which is what I was weighing up whether to do or not, but here we are. :)

My understanding of merging threads and adding to previous ones was to make the gathering of information for CA easier, and that was really my only priority here. I know this sort of thing near the bottom of the list of things that need to be fixed, but as a person who plays Counts quite regularly, it's just a continuing annoyance since the inception of the Bloodlines mechanic.
    I would note that when it was released, I was initially frothing at the mouth like a rabid fanboy and as giddy as a halfling knowing he's going to eat apple pie, so my critiques were overshadowed by sheer joy of seeing my favourite pasty skinned aristocracy of the night.

Anyways, I'm sure that if the mechanic isn't tweaked when Vampire Counts receive their next content, modders can do something with it, if they haven't already.
    Honour? Death? I will bring to you the honour of Death so you may understand such concepts more clearly!