Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

ME in SP: irregular CTD during battles & campaign (make_fiber function?)

ShaSheerShaSheer Posts: 3Registered Users
edited October 4 in Crashes
Build Number 17765.1750977 (modded)

It started after I reinstalled WH2 after a long break, now with the last two DLCs (ikit + hunter). During my ME campaign with the VC I started to receive regular crashes, generally in battles from round 1 onwards. Sometimes the the screen would go black and I would still hear some sounds, but the game was not recoverable after some time. So I had to restart the PC. I suspected something video card related so my updated my drivers (Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX Vega 64). I also reset Wattman to the default profile. Crashes also occured when not using any mods.
I uninstalled most mods I had, set the game to windowed, lowered some specs and reinstalled the MS redistributables and it went fine for another 20-30 turns (incl. battles).

Suddenly, the CTD came back and then turned into BSOD and automatic reboot of the system. As no other game gave me any problems in the last months, I did not suspect any hardware related failures.

No mini dump files were ever created for any crash.

*EDIT: no more BSOD for the last 24hs, but two random crashes. 1 during a quest battle with Isabella, trying to launch Winds of Death and one more on Campaign Map.

*EDIT2: added a crash dump from the other day

It seems to be an invalid pointer (what does the make fiber in "BUCKET_ID: APPLICATION_FAULT_SOFTWARE_NX_FAULT_INVALID_POINTER_EXECUTE_CODE_BAD_IP_warhammer2!make_fiber+6872a3" refer to within the crash dump?)

attached save before battle
attached DxDiag
attached preferences script
attached modified.log file (.txt)
Post edited by ShaSheer on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file