Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Nakai the Weenie? (ME)

Haiphong#6045Haiphong#6045 Registered Users Posts: 70
I love Nakai and when I play him I feel like a total beast.
But when he's AI controlled, he just yeets himself into the nearest garrison and gets wiped out instantly. In my most recent Lizardmen ME campaign as Cult of Sotek, he appeared in Lustria. I was pretty jazzed to see the Champion of my people appear (also confused, can he just spawn in like that?), but just wandered (as one does) for a few turns and then died to the Vampire Coast Mutineers. Not even Luthor himself, some peon extra settlement.

I get that AI and balancing is really hard, but didn't anyone see this in beta? As I hear, if you play as Markus Wolfheart then Nakai will die to some NPC faction within the first 13 turns. He, and maybe other horde factions, need some kind of method to survive. He deserves better than this, and it also severely undermines the whole theming of the expansion pack I think, to have this great nemesis usually die to a small village before you ever see him.

I don't know what it would take to fix them, personally, but any discussion or attention the topic gets would be great for the cause. Thank you anybody for your time!
Post edited by CA_Will#2514 on
Tagged:

Comments

• OrkLadsOrkLads Registered Users Posts: 1,875
    Wtf does yeet mean?
  • yst#1879yst#1879 Registered Users Posts: 9,975
    edited September 2019
    Thats more of all the ai problem than nakai specific.

All legendaries start out with couple provinces only. Sometimes u get grimgor getting wiped within the 10-20 turns in game or some morghul, khazrak, whatever.

Survival of the “random” fittest, not all legendaries make it
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • FlufferNutterGBFlufferNutterGB Registered Users Posts: 8
    Taken from urban dictionary.

"To discard an item at a high velocity

Ex: "Alex finishes his soda and proceeds to yeet his empty can into a trash bin"

It's a pretty fun word to use tbh
  • Pippington#5795Pippington#5795 Registered Users Posts: 2,379
    Considering his lore, rather than being a standard AI horde that wanders around and gets itself killed off, it seems to me that it'd be cool if he was an event. Like if you're playing a lizard campaign he could suddenly appear and come to your aid, and if you're playing a non-lizard campaign and start beating up a lizard faction he could suddenly appear and come to their aid. Almost like Gotrek and Felix I guess.

Get on, Kroq-Gar, we're going shopping

• Haiphong#6045Haiphong#6045 Registered Users Posts: 70

Considering his lore, rather than being a standard AI horde that wanders around and gets itself killed off, it seems to me that it'd be cool if he was an event. Like if you're playing a lizard campaign he could suddenly appear and come to your aid, and if you're playing a non-lizard campaign and start beating up a lizard faction he could suddenly appear and come to their aid. Almost like Gotrek and Felix I guess.

I agree with this.
    Beastmen already get something like this, with their hordes randomly respawning now and then across the world.