Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What game characters models do really like and dislike?

Comments

• Deep_echo_soundDeep_echo_sound Registered Users Posts: 601

I think one of the reasons the Death Hags look so amazing is because they actually have clothes. The sorceresses look so dumb wearing actual bikinis as do the witch Elves (I know it's not much more but it's enough).

This is an issue with the DE aesthetic in general...the problem being that they don't really have one, because they're designed for T&A first and foremost which is boring.

Absolutely not.
    They are the best because of pretty faces. Big eyes, etc.
    And fine bodies. With average breasts. Not small, like Morathi or sorceresses was intentionally made. Or, even worse, - witch elves.
    And she has so-so, but, still much better waist and hips ratio than other dark elves females.
    Witch elves and sorceresses seems like they have skeletal disproportions and male-type lover body.

And artists are really good. But, I strongly suspect that C.A. told them to tone down breasts, waist, beauty-queen faces and so on.

Ugly women is cancer of many "western" games. Well, as with Alith Anar, some men have bad looks too.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,919

Crone Hellebron - horribly ugly. Total rework.

You realize that this destroys your credibility right?
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Bring naval battles to Warhammer CA!

• Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,027
    Damsels and Prophetesses are the only true offenders to me. There are other ones looking subpar, but nothing that bad. The poor Bretonnian girls are really terrible.
  • DrownedHoundDrownedHound Registered Users Posts: 6,647

Judging by how Witch Elves look I were afraid Morathi will end up like this

How dare they put muscles on the warrior women! Everyone knows that people who spend their whole lives fighting should have the muscle mass of a stick insect
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 22,166
    Folks, the OP's topic for discussion started out well enough. Subsequent posts and OP response comments, however; have muddied the waters somewhat.

Going to leave the conversation open for now, as long as long as the posted comments are within the original OP topic. If it drifts off into a series of posts on female presentation the the thread will be close, with prejudice.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• ThirdeyeThirdeye Registered Users Posts: 274
    edited September 2019
    Alith Anar - hate the voice acting. Voice don’t fit the charactor. Needs something deeper, darker, older. Oh he needs white hair too.
  • Star Weaver Star Weaver Registered Users Posts: 51

Har Ganeth Exocutioners: I hate that Executioners are all bald. They should have the big flowing hair that Tullaris has.

Norscans look accurate I suppose but they also look absolutely ridiculous and I hate the beefy naked meat slabs. We need some body diversity and some woman in their ranks too (or at least some valkaries and shield maiden units).

Tullaris will allow no competition in that regard haha.

In regards to the Marauders, I suggest you avoid looking at the source miniatures if you hate the beefy naked meat slab look ;)

Outside of a very few named characters, dwarfs, humans and chaos are not very big on letting females fight. The same can be said for the elves as their female combatants tend to belong to special societies and are not considered readily expendable main-line combatants.
  • ConstantineZAynConstantineZAyn Registered Users Posts: 257
    edited September 2019
    Most characters in this game look good, but there is a pattern. I mean why does Morathi look so old and dirty? She's supposed to look like a young girl. The witch elves look terrible with their six packs. Damsels look old and tired. I run mods to fix these. Those who claim OP has an obsession are wrong, because CA seems to have a trend of making a certain type of character look bad.
  • HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 3,409

Most characters in this game look good, but there is a pattern. I mean why does Morathi look so old and dirty? She's supposed to look like a young girl. The witch elves look terrible with their six packs. Damsels look old and tired. I run mods to fix these. Those who claim OP has an obsession are wrong, because CA seems to have a trend of making a certain type of character look bad.

I mean the white knigting for CA when it comes to female models is astonishing. Many of the female models are plain ugly

She had fought beside Aenarion in the days of her youth, killing daemons, slaughtering the enemies of her people with wild abandon. She had cast spells and brewed poisons and worked out battle strategies for his armies. She had used her gift of visions to grant the elves victories innumerable.

The so-called high elves had forgotten that now, preferring to cast her as the villain in the simple-minded morality plays they so enjoyed since her son had sundered the realm. They had no idea what it had cost to win those battles back when all thought the world was ending, or the price she had paid for victory.
  • DatHomieSilverSurferDatHomieSilverSurfer Registered Users Posts: 267
    t1taan said:

I feel sorry for you.

You have a very strange obsession here. What exactly do you want the female characters in this game to look like? And why?

They dont fit his fap fantasy standards.
    lucky for me, I have no standards!
  • theedge634theedge634 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,185

I mean the white knigting for CA when it comes to female models is astonishing. Many of the female models are plain ugly

So are many of the male models? Your point?

My point is for some inexplicable reason a lot of people get all defencive when someone critiques female models

She had fought beside Aenarion in the days of her youth, killing daemons, slaughtering the enemies of her people with wild abandon. She had cast spells and brewed poisons and worked out battle strategies for his armies. She had used her gift of visions to grant the elves victories innumerable.

The so-called high elves had forgotten that now, preferring to cast her as the villain in the simple-minded morality plays they so enjoyed since her son had sundered the realm. They had no idea what it had cost to win those battles back when all thought the world was ending, or the price she had paid for victory.

My point is for some inexplicable reason a lot of people get all defencive when someone critiques female models
    That's probably a bit true. But the "critiques" often boil down to a bunch of bufoons yelling for more T&A. I haven't been on board with the presentation of plenty of female models. Bretonnia's women (outside of Fey Enchantress), Aranessa, and Witch Elves didn't come out great.

But if you see a bunch of people "white knighting" for CA on behalf of female models, it's likely because they're fighting against a bunch of delusional incels who insist the game is here for the purpose of their own arousal.

There's also the inexplicable fact that not many people are complaining about the look of male units. Seems to be just a bunch of weird complaints about the women of the game not being fappable enough.
    edited September 2019

That's probably a bit true. But the "critiques" often boil down to a bunch of bufoons yelling for more T&A. I haven't been on board with the presentation of plenty of female models. Bretonnia's women (outside of Fey Enchantress), Aranessa, and Witch Elves didn't come out great.

But if you see a bunch of people "white knighting" for CA on behalf of female models, it's likely because they're fighting against a bunch of delusional incels who insist the game is here for the purpose of their own arousal.

There's also the inexplicable fact that not many people are complaining about the look of male units. Seems to be just a bunch of weird complaints about the women of the game not being fappable enough.
    Now that's the problem no-one would blame me it was about my own arousal if I critiqued male models.Honestly I find your obsession with other people self-pleasuring quite disturbing. Think you people might be projecting.
    And people do critique male models they did it with Vlad, big head Alith Anar etc.

Edit. Also most of male models are in pique form d:

Now that's the problem no-one would blame me it was about my own arousal if I critiqued male models.Honestly I find your obsession with other people self-pleasuring quite disturbing. Think you people might be projecting.
    And people do critique male models they did it with Vlad, big head Alith Anar etc.

Sure, people said Alith Anar's head was too big, and Vlad looked like a zombie instead of a vampire with bat-like features. You'd absolutely get roasted if you came in here talking about bulge sizes, and complained about how not enough male units were shirtless. Poor comparisons, keep trying though!!!!
    Bulge size matches female body part no-one complained about . No-one has complained how women should all ware less.Those things have nothing to do with people finding certain models ugly
    Me thinks you are poor at comparisons

Alith Anar's head size was criticized, and Vlad was criticized for having zombie like features instead of bat-like features. Both of these are loreful features. You can't honestly tell me you don't see the difference between those criticisms and the criticism of Morathi not having big enough **** and child-birthing hips.

Morathi is supposed to be beautiful in the lore. Maybe CA fell short of that ideal. But if they did, it certainly isn't because they didn't stack her chest enough.

You absolutely would be roasted if you came in here complaining about bulge sizes and unloreful shirtlessness of male characters.
  • BereaverBereaver Registered Users Posts: 906
    Hands off Alith Anar!!

Well, truth to be told, his head's size needs to be decreased, that's true.

But his overall design is top notch. I really love Dylan Spouse's voice. Alith Anar was quite a whiny bitchy angsty teenager person in his own novell. People should read it, it can make you sympathise with Malekith more than a protagonist. Alith Anar is not really that wise and regal ancient being. His character is quite like Kelebrimbor from Shadows of Mordor series, who also is seen first as a wise paragon of virtue, but is eventually revealed as a paranoid maniac.

As Alith Anar has found means to never get older (he is one of the oldest elves in the game together with Morathi and Malekith), but he never used Dark Magic to do so, he certainly should keep his voice from the younger days to show that he has not been corrupted, for which Dylan Spouse's voice is perfect.
    Also, Alith Anar's official hair colour is black, not blonde, that is a mistake of the artist. I like it more this way - it makes him look like kin to other elves from Nagarythe and not another generic blonde elf #172883.
    edited September 2019
    You absolutely would be roasted if you came in here complaining about bulge sizes and unloreful shirtlessness of male characters

Btw if the guy went around shirtless like let's say Conan in his lore I don't see a reason why would I be angry and complain against people critiquing it if it is not so in the game.If someone critiqued Sigvald(I think his model is good) not being handsome enough I wouldn't assume it was for flapping reason which always seems to be brought up when you critique Witch elves block bodies for example

Sure, people said Alith Anar's head was too big, and Vlad looked like a zombie instead of a vampire with bat-like features. You'd absolutely get roasted if you came in here talking about bulge sizes, and complained about how not enough male units were shirtless. Poor comparisons, keep trying though!!!!
    Bulge size matches female body part no-one complained about . No-one has complained how women should all ware less.Those things have nothing to do with people finding certain models ugly
    Wrong. My comparisons are fine. Meanwhile yours are utterly nonsensical. It's not about you finding the model ugly. It's the reason. The only reason these models are being considered "ugly" is because they aren't "sexy" enough. Well guess what, almost no male models in this game are "sexy." We've basically got Sigvald as the lone, meant to be attractive model in the game. No one's spamming the forums with the fact that Elves are supposed to be beautiful and Tyrion looks marginal and Teclis's looks like Benedict Cumberbatche's ugly cousin.

Btw if the guy went around shirtless like let's say Conan in his lore I don't see a reason why would I be angry and complain against people critiquing it.

Exactly. Nowhere in the lore does it state that Elvish women are running around with DDs and curvy hips. Yet somehow that's the standard being put on them. Morathi's face is fine. It's pretty, it's attractive. Morathi's body is fine. If faithfully translated to real-world, from the game's dimensions and proportions, it would be considered extremely attractive.

edited September 2019

Wrong. My comparisons are fine. Meanwhile yours are utterly nonsensical. It's not about you finding the model ugly. It's the reason. The only reason these models are being considered "ugly" is because they aren't "sexy" enough. Well guess what, almost no male models in this game are "sexy." We've basically got Sigvald as the lone, meant to be attractive model in the game. No one's spamming the forums with the fact that Elves are supposed to be beautiful and Tyrion looks marginal and Teclis's looks like Benedict Cumberbatche's ugly cousin.

Btw if the guy went around shirtless like let's say Conan in his lore I don't see a reason why would I be angry and complain against people critiquing it.

Exactly. Nowhere in the lore does it state that Elvish women are running around with DDs and curvy hips. Yet somehow that's the standard being put on them. Morathi's face is fine. It's pretty, it's attractive. Morathi's body is fine. If faithfully translated to real-world, from the game's dimensions and proportions, it would be considered extremely attractive.

Morathi is a Slaneshi cultist she is supposed to be sexy as well as Sigvald.
    Most complaints about her are that she doesn't look young enough and that she has black limbs for some reason.
    Curvy hips is not the same as the block bodies they made for the witch elves I have more curves than them for gods sake.
    Also it depends on what you call sexy I would imagine some would find norscan body types for example to be quite likeable. No one complains about male bodies/models(they do complain about some I remember people critiqued both elves you mentioned when they come out) cause they mostly match the lore about them. Alarielle, Morathi, Damsels are all supposed to be pretty/beautiful and young and yes in some cases sexy. DD standart is what you put on them I couldn't care less about the size of their chests.
    I wouldn't call spamming one or two threads in several months

edited September 2019

Most complaints about her are that she doesn't look young enough and that she has black limbs for some reason.
    Curvy hips is not the same as the block bodies they made for the witch elves I have more curves then them for gods sake.
    Also it depends on what you call sexy I would imagine some would find norscan body types quite likeable. No one complains about male bodies/models(they complain about some I remember people critiqued both elves you mentioned when they come out) cause they mostly match the lore about them. Alarielle, Morathi, Damsels are all supposed to be pretty/beautiful and young and yes in some cases sexy. DD standart is what you put on them I couldn't care less about the size of their chests
    Here's the thing, you're saying that people are "white knighting" for these models. I disagree. If you want to blast the dirty hands and feet on the Morathi model, go ahead.. I think it's a lame complaint. How about we hear all the non-sexual reasons the models are ugly? I never hear those. If the, "models are ugly" crowd can get through the list without having to mention the sexual attractiveness of a model then we can talk.

You have to remember the nonsensical debate that started this whole debate in the last 24 hours. Don't play coy, you knew what you're defending. Show some conviction and stand up in your beliefs that the only females in the game should be stacked sex-pots.

Furthermore, your comparisons are an ABSOLUTE EMBARRASSMENT and you look more foolish everytime you pull one out. Tyrion and Teclis had a couple of offhand comments. The war for voluptuous Carmen Electras for every female has 100s of pages in the forum. Just defend your damn stance and stop deflecting with pathetic what-abouts and false-equivalencies.

Hell, I'll readily admit that I was on the side of Damsel's being horrible. I thought it was ridiculous that CA took a model that was supposed to be beautiful young women, and turned it into a old woman that seemed to be completely uncaring about her looks. I thought the Witch Elves were too emaciated, and were done pretty poorly overall. But we've traveled a far ways from that in these threads today, and you surely know that. What you're defending isn't some models that could use some work. It's a far more insidious and completely misogynistic ideal that has crept it's way onto the forum, and I think you know that.

Curvy hips is not the same as the block bodies they made for the witch elves I have more curves then them for gods sake.
    Also it depends on what you call sexy I would imagine some would find norscan body types quite likeable. No one complains about male bodies/models(they complain about some I remember people critiqued both elves you mentioned when they come out) cause they mostly match the lore about them. Alarielle, Morathi, Damsels are all supposed to be pretty/beautiful and young and yes in some cases sexy. DD standart is what you put on them I couldn't care less about the size of their chests
    Here's the thing, you're saying that people are "white knighting" for these models. I disagree. If you want to blast the dirty hands and feet on the Morathi model, go ahead.. I think it's a lame complaint. How about we here all the non-sexual reasons the models are ugly? I never hear those. If the, "models are ugly" crowd can get through the list without having to mention the sexual attractiveness of a model then we can talk.

You have to remember the nonsensical debate that started this whole debate in the last 24 hours. Don't play coy, you knew what you're defending. Show some conviction and stand up in your beliefs that the only females in the game should be stacked sex-pots.

Dude please be so kind not to tell me what my conviction are. You can go check the lore and description of the characters mentioned and how are they suppose to look. I don't know the whole debate cause moderators had deleted a lot comments before I checked the forum but I know the pattern with this kind of threads is someone dares says something about a female body model and immediately gets accused of all kind of nonsense.

Exhibit A

Here's the thing, you're saying that people are "white knighting" for these models. I disagree. If you want to blast the dirty hands and feet on the Morathi model, go ahead.. I think it's a lame complaint. How about we here all the non-sexual reasons the models are ugly? I never hear those. If the, "models are ugly" crowd can get through the list without having to mention the sexual attractiveness of a model then we can talk.

Dude please be so kind not to tell me what my conviction are. You can go check the lore and description of the characters mentioned and how are they suppose to look. I don't know the whole debate cause moderators had deleted a lot comments before I checked the forum but I know the pattern with this kind of threads is someone dares says something about a female body model and immediately gets accused of all kind of nonsense.

Exhibit A
    Nah man... you know.

You gonna go over the non-sexual reasons that the female models are ugly? Or is that too short of a list for you to put together?
    edited September 2019

Exhibit A
    Nah man... you know.

You gonna go over the non-sexual reasons that the female models are ugly? Or is that too short of a list for you to put together?
    -Damsels look older than my grandma
    -WE have block bodies
    -Personally I think Allariele face is too child like
    -Morathi looks way too old for someone who supposedly achieved immortality(don't know the word forever young?)
    - her black hands. Personally(not a lore thing) I would have liked they gave her boots I think in one concept art she had some
    -vampire heroes look like clowns or maybe mimes would be more accurate. Their eyebrows kinda dissappear under all the make up ingame
    -masculine faces on some models(guess this is sexual to you but I will add it anyways)

You sexulise everything so it is hard to judge what you would think is not sexual.
    Post edited by HisShadowBG on

• FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,728

Exhibit A
    Accused? The OP of that thread advocated for rape and pedophilia. No one had to accuse them of anything, they advocated it themselves. You’re more than capable to read the comments in there. Somebody’s valid opinions disappear when that’s also what they start arguing in favor of.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."

Furthermore, your comparisons are an ABSOLUTE EMBARRASSMENT and you look more foolish everytime you pull one out. Tyrion and Teclis had a couple of offhand comments. The war for voluptuous Carmen Electras for every female has 100s of pages in the forum. Just defend your damn stance and stop deflecting with pathetic what-abouts and false-equivalencies.

Where are those hundred pages threads cause only thread to reach hundreds of pages I have seen is HE where's the love?
    I have no problem whatsoever to admit that characters which are sexy in the lore should be sexy in game. Teclis has his own mime that he looks like Cumberbatch. I don't know what you want worse the model is the more complaining it gets. That you make it about something it is not is not my problem

Exhibit A
    Accused? The OP of that thread advocated for rape and pedophilia. No one had to accuse them of anything, they advocated it themselves. You’re more than capable to read the comments in there. Somebody’s valid opinions disappear when that’s also what they start arguing in favor of.
    Oh so cause some other person argued for something somewhere my opinion which has nothing to do with him becomes invalid. Good to know.

Edit: Also I would note my original post was no directed at the thread poster so your argument is totally invalid

Exhibit A
    Furthermore I am not obliged to check every post of every user before I post in a thread just in case he might have posted something I have never advocated for so I am not accused of something by proxy.

edited September 2019

Exhibit A
    Furthermore I am not obliged to check every post of every user before I post in a thread just in case he might have posted something I have never advocated for so I am not accused of something by proxy.
    Sure... But you should definitely think about it before you accuse people of "white knighting" when an arguing with an obviously sick misogynistic person

You're the one who came inhere spouting of about "white knights" for arguing with a poster who not only implied that all the female models need bigger **** and better asses... But went on to condone pedophillia and showed a perverse view on women as a whole.

Coming in and spouting off at the mouth because you didn't want to get some context on the argument doesn't absolve you from being bufoon here.
    edited September 2019

Exhibit A
    Sure... But you should definitely think about it before you accuse people of "white knighting" when an arguing with an obviously sick misogynistic person.
    People on this forum are definitely white knighting.
    Post edited by HisShadowBG on