Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Make Total War - The Thirty Years War!

DeumDeum Posts: 6Registered Users
I would love to see Total War make an historical game about The Thirty Years War. That is a time in history between Medieval TW and Empire TW that hasn't been covered yet, with a great variety of both tactics and weapons of old and new age. Please do this as the next project in the historical genre! Thank you.

Comments

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,590Registered Users
    edited September 25
    What type of gameplay it has?

musket, pike and shot, etc...
  • DeumDeum Posts: 6Registered Users
    It's a mix between pikes, muskets etc
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,221Registered Users
    I think the 30 year War could be a perfect Saga candidate.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • DeumDeum Posts: 6Registered Users
    SiWI said:

Yeah, maybe. I'm not familiar enough with the sagas in TW yet.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,148Registered Users
    SiWI said:

Agreed, it would just be the mainland of northern Europe without England for once. Austria, modern Germany, France as a rough idea.
    Deum said:

SiWI said:

Yeah, maybe. I'm not familiar enough with the sagas in TW yet.
    the idea behind TW saga games is to take dramatic points in history and focus the game on that instead of taking a whole era like instead of doing all of the medieval items you only do the crusades.

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,673Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    I agree that it should be on the candidate list for the next game.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,590Registered Users
    Great Northern War as Era while Thirty Years War as Saga or Stand Alone Expansion.

How do you think they will differ from each other?
    jamreal18 said:

Great Northern War as Era while Thirty Years War as Saga or Stand Alone Expansion.

How do you think they will differ from each other?

well the Great Nothern War was 18 century with "proper" line infantry or at the very least the transition from Pike and Shot to line infantry (musket only).

30 years War was pike and shot only and its high point in same way (thou we see in the Swedish the beginn of line infantry warfare) and religion was a key factor and so was the "war feeds war" model that Wallenstein is so famous for.

Speaking you made more money thou bigger your army was (by ruing the province you were in).
  • CommisarCommisar Senior Member Posts: 1,208Registered Users
    Great Northern War seems more fitting as a DLC campaign for a main game. 30 years war I can see being a SAGA, could see it zoomed in just on the HRE and have other nations armies work a bit like the ‘Expedition’ force in Attilas DLC "last roman".
  • stonewall1350stonewall1350 Posts: 7Registered Users
    I do enjoy the campaigns. I think the thirty years war would lend itself well to a campaign. There are even examples of conflict in the new world. Even naval combat. You could have native North Americans and even central Americans and Caribbean. It would be similar in concept to Empire, but you could have more exploration of the new world.
  • BreadboxBreadbox Posts: 782Registered Users
    There hasn’t being a single satisfactory handling of pikes in previous total war games, they either do nothing, too rigid or is able is spin 180 when attacked from behind, there would need to be big improvements if they hope to ever try it.