Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Third age Total War Not Launching

Okay this mod still doesn't launch for me. Please see details below:

Downloaded Part 1 of 2
Downloaded part 2 of 2
Downloaded 3.2 patch
Placed all in the steamapps > Medieval 2 folder

Made a copy of Medieval 2 in the same folder, and renamed it kingdoms.exe. When starting the game it starts Medieval not Third age, so I followed a different path. I went to the mods folder in the same folder, and changed the third age folder to americas, and renamed original americas1 in an attempt to launch the game in steam. This causes a fatal error, and then steam kicks me out.

Can someone asst me with troubleshooting this. I'd really prefer to play this epic TW game, but it seems the universe is against me. Any assistance is welcomed.

Comments

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,673Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Contacting the mod creator should be your first, and probably only, contact. It is up to them to keep their mods current with the latest game updates. Other than MicroSoft updates I've had no issues with Med II, but I don't run mods with it either. Good luck.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • virginia1861virginia1861 Posts: 29Registered Users

Okay this mod still doesn't launch for me. Please see details below:

Downloaded Part 1 of 2
    Downloaded part 2 of 2
    Downloaded 3.2 patch
    Placed all in the steamapps > Medieval 2 folder

Made a copy of Medieval 2 in the same folder, and renamed it kingdoms.exe. When starting the game it starts Medieval not Third age, so I followed a different path. I went to the mods folder in the same folder, and changed the third age folder to americas, and renamed original americas1 in an attempt to launch the game in steam. This causes a fatal error, and then steam kicks me out.

Can someone asst me with troubleshooting this. I'd really prefer to play this epic TW game, but it seems the universe is against me. Any assistance is welcomed.

I would ask on their game forum

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?654-Third-Age-Total-War

• HerufinHerufin Posts: 2Registered Users
    Have you extracted them?

Arachir Galudirithon has a good tute on Youtube for details.

Good luck
  • HerufinHerufin Posts: 2Registered Users
    Before I can help any more, I need to know if you have:
    a) extracted the files to the "mods" folder in Medieval 2
    b) If you have done this, click on the Third Age.bat and the game will start