Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Serious performance issues

PixelNutsPixelNuts Posts: 8Registered Users
edited October 2019 in Performance & Graphics
I stopped playing the game a few months ago (July), back then my game performed really well, High settings with stable 60fps.
But this week I tried to play again but since WH2 was updated, now my game has a bad performance, even on Low settings my fps stays below 30. What I already tried: Verifying game files, updating W10, updating Nvidia drivers, playing without mods, none of these solved my problem. Is anyone facing the same issue right now??

Build v1.7.1 (11765.1750977)

Post edited by PixelNuts on

Comments

• CA_NateCA_Nate Creative Assembly Posts: 1,036Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Hi @PixelNuts

Thank you for providing us with your DXdiag, though alongside this could you provide your:

Preferences.Script
    Modified.Log

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate

Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • PixelNutsPixelNuts Posts: 8Registered Users
    CA_Nate said:

Hi @PixelNuts

Thank you for providing us with your DXdiag, though alongside this could you provide your:

Preferences.Script
    Modified.Log

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate

Done!
  • CA_NateCA_Nate Creative Assembly Posts: 1,036Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Hi @PixelNuts

I see that you have mods installed, could you disable/ delete these and see if the performance issues still occur without them.

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    edited October 2019
    CA_Nate said:

Hi @PixelNuts

I see that you have mods installed, could you disable/ delete these and see if the performance issues still occur without them.

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate

Yes, I tested without mods, same issue. What is weird is that yesterday it became smooth again, stable 60fps, but now I'm having those 25-30fps max. I tried to verify game files, reinstalled Nvidia drivers, updated W10, but it didn't help. So I have no idea what's going on.
    *Edit: Also this problem happens ONLY with this game, every other game I have runs flawless.
    edited October 2019
    Even on Low, my GPU stays at 95-100% while CPU barely reachs 60%. Again, this problem only happens with this game, so it might not be a driver issue, also I've tried to install many driver versions, no success though.
    Post edited by PixelNuts on
    @CA_Nate

I noticed that sometimes it fixes itself, yesterday I could play without issues with High settings and 60fps, gpu usage was around 70% in preparation for battle. But today no matter what graphic settings I select the GPU Usage caps in 99-100% and I get low fps (30fps avg).
  • HernokHernok Posts: 1Registered Users
    I have similar problem, sometimes i have nice FPS drops, to 90 FPS to 30 FPS or lower, on ultra settings (if i put recommended, the game puts on ultra) i tried on HIGH settings and i have the similar FPS drops. I play with 2070 8gb nvidia card and amd ryzen 7 2700, 32GB ram, 2k Monitor on freesync, (all drivers to latest). Its hard to play the game stable.
    I noticed the GPU usage is not always on 99%, is there when i have the FPS drops. I don't have mods installed.

Some screenshots one of the benchmarks, in other benchmarks in map campaign works well, but in battles i have drops below 60 fps o 30 FPS.

At the begginning 90 FPS.
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/788618668511268802/195AE617D5904EA2216A597EAB7F3D12448B5298/

Final of the benchmark 30 FPS or lower.
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/788618668511163515/97B3B3B8ED45289D3E39717118234F14DAB8CDDE/

Nothing yet ._.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file