Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

User Info RequiredStuck on the initial splash screen.

NightsrowNightsrow Posts: 4Registered Users
edited October 2019 in Crashes
Hello. I am a bit lost at this point and I am hoping to discover the solution here. I never experienced any issues until briefly after the launch of 1.2.0. I have tried waiting spending my time on other things hoping the issue would be resolved in the next patch, but the open beta does not fix the issue either. (The issue has so far persisted for more than 2 months for me).

I am currently not running any mods.

Verifying integrity did not work.

Re-installing did not work. (attempted 5 times, also removing roam files)

I did try to contact SEGA customer support, but we never really succeded in fixing the issue.

All drivers are up to date.

I have all available DLC installed.

Removing the folder in Appdata did not work.

Running the game in low-spec windowed mode did not work.

The game itself does not seem to be responding. I have attached crash report files if that will in any way aid my situation.

I am not experiencing this issue on any other Total War title. 3K is my favorite title though so I'd really love making it work.

I'm kinda blank on what steps to take, so alas here I am hoping this forum, might contain the answers I'm looking for. If any other information is required I'd be happy to oblige to the best of my abilities!
Post edited by CA_Vix on

Comments

• boomerlouie12boomerlouie12 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I am having the same issue. I have verified the integrity of game cache and disabled all of my mods before launching. I have also reinstalled the game but to no avail. Interested in seeing what solutions will be posted here.
  • CA_VixCA_Vix Posts: 274Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Hello!

I replied to your reddit post, but I found you here also!

Thank you for your crash minidump files. I'll pass this onto QA and we'll look into it.

All the best,

Vix
  • shards1shards1 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hi,

I am also having this same issue starting from September 30th, after playing with the 1.3.0 beta successfully for a day. After hitting either "Play" or "Continue" from the Total War Launcher I get the initial splash screen and then kicked back out to Windows. I confirmed all other total war games I have installed successfully launch. Without success I have tried the following:

- Uninstalling the 1.3.0 beta
    - Verifying game file integrity (no issues)
    - Uninstall/Reinstall
    - Running as Admin
    - Disabling Anti-Virus
    - Deleting Launcher files
    - Updating all drivers

Attached are my crash reports if it helps provide additional insight for my own and OP's issues. I'd appreciate the assistance as I have a legendary Cao Cao campaign I want to jump back into now he can have uniquely designed Guo Jia and Jia Xu. I have 269 hours so far on 3K, and if you'll let me back in I can go for another 100 easily :)

Thanks!
    shards1 said:

Hi,

I am also having this same issue starting from September 30th, after playing with the 1.3.0 beta successfully for a day. After hitting either "Play" or "Continue" from the Total War Launcher I get the initial splash screen and then kicked back out to Windows. I confirmed all other total war games I have installed successfully launch. Without success I have tried the following:

- Uninstalling the 1.3.0 beta
    - Verifying game file integrity (no issues)
    - Uninstall/Reinstall
    - Running as Admin
    - Disabling Anti-Virus
    - Deleting Launcher files
    - Updating all drivers

Attached are my crash reports if it helps provide additional insight for my own and OP's issues. I'd appreciate the assistance as I have a legendary Cao Cao campaign I want to jump back into now he can have uniquely designed Guo Jia and Jia Xu. I have 269 hours so far on 3K, and if you'll let me back in I can go for another 100 easily :)

Thanks!

Hi there,

Thank you for your post and providing your files! We've noticed an increasing amount of similar crashes and we're looking into this. Unfortunately I don't have much to add at this time in terms of troubleshooting steps, but just to be safe, I'll suggest the following:

An initial look at your crash minidump file suggests there might be a problem with your Windows System 32 file "kernelbase.pdb".

Could you verify you have the latest windows installed? If you have latest already, please try using the System File Checker. Details of how to do this can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

Cheers!

I am having the same issue. I have verified the integrity of game cache and disabled all of my mods before launching. I have also reinstalled the game but to no avail. Interested in seeing what solutions will be posted here.

Hi there,

Would you mind providing me with a crash minidump file so I can verify what the crash might be?

Details of how to do this can be found here: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/173598/how-to-find-your-mini-dump-files

All the best,

Vix
  • shards1shards1 Posts: 2Registered Users
    CA_Vix said:

Hi there,

Thank you for your post and providing your files! We've noticed an increasing amount of similar crashes and we're looking into this. Unfortunately I don't have much to add at this time in terms of troubleshooting steps, but just to be safe, I'll suggest the following:

An initial look at your crash minidump file suggests there might be a problem with your Windows System 32 file "kernelbase.pdb".

Could you verify you have the latest windows installed? If you have latest already, please try using the System File Checker. Details of how to do this can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

Cheers!

Thanks for the suggestions Vix!

I updated to the latest windows version (there was an update), and also ran the System File Checker. The SFC came back with "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." Unfortunately, the game still has the same issue even on the latest windows update.
    shards1 said:

CA_Vix said:

Hi there,

Cheers!

Thanks for the suggestions Vix!

I updated to the latest windows version (there was an update), and also ran the System File Checker. The SFC came back with "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." Unfortunately, the game still has the same issue even on the latest windows update.
    Hi there,

Since my last post, some new information has come to light that might help the situation.

Would you mind deleting your Three Kingdoms Appdata folder?

You can find this by typing %appdata% into the Start menu and navigating to your "The Creative Assembly" folder. Be sure to copy your save_games folder first though so you don't lose your saves. Typically located in The Creative Assembly\ThreeKingdoms\save_games .

Let me know if that helps, it's possible there is a file in there that is causing issues upon startup.

Cheers,

Vix