Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Grimgor was a dumb-dumb today

adjungadjung Posts: 207Registered Users
Grimgor came to my defenseless settlement of Eschen and tore it down. Next turn, he decides to rebuild it, sacrificing a good deal of his force which had won the previous fight almost unharmed, losing about 20 men in total. And to top it off, he did this all the while my General was about 2 turns away...

Forward onto Slaughter.
Tagged:

Comments

• SteelRoninSteelRonin Junior Member ChilePosts: 647Registered Users
    sacking can give tons of money
  • adjungadjung Posts: 207Registered Users

sacking can give tons of money

yeah, but he razed

Forward onto Slaughter.
  • StephinceStephince Posts: 2,433Registered Users
    'e might be da biggest and da 'ardest but nobody evah said he woz de smartest.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,893Registered Users
    He's just making sure there's plenty for him to kill.

Smart Grimgor.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,316Registered Users
    Grimgor actually is fairly stupid.

He's a somewhat shrewd combatant but by no means the brightest bulb in the chandelier. He's pretty average for Black Orcs.

Gorfang Rotgut is actually the most strategically minded "smart" orc since Gorbad Ironclaw. Which is why I'm **** that we have neither as an LL and they gave Black Crag (Gorfang's home) to Grimgor.

*I am not counting Azhag in this, his intelligence was actually Nagash. He was very mediocre prior to getting the crown.

Grimgor's just a beast in personal combat, and thus attracts a huge waaagh!. Gorfang actually knows how to use one. Plus Skarsnik is his vassal and provides even more advice.

They honestly messed up making Grimgor the main greenskins leader. I think they did it because they weren't sure if TWWH would sell well and they wanted to see "the biggest badass" in the game. They should have waited for game three and let him get revenge against the chaos dwarfs though, really.
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Posts: 617Registered Users
    perhaps better AI 2 mod can help it perform better.
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • Red11sgbRed11sgb Posts: 160Registered Users
    I actually see this happening often from the AI. The AI is pretty dumb when it comes to razing a settlement just to re settle it next turn.
  • SchepelSchepel Senior Member Posts: 1,505Registered Users
    Red11sgb said:

I actually see this happening often from the AI. The AI is pretty dumb when it comes to razing a settlement just to re settle it next turn.

Yep. It might be an unfortunate consequence of the goals the AI sets.

1. Go and kill. (And raze.)
    2. Oh, shiny ruins, let's settle!

Generally speaking, the AI is *way* too happy to colonize. The preference to do so should be dialed down a notch (or two), IMHO. ,
  • ErathilErathil Posts: 596Registered Users
    I think this is a problem with the current AI? I've been seeing it a lot recently, and not just from Greenskin factions.
  • OrkLadsOrkLads Posts: 1,460Registered Users
    Itharus said:

Grimgor actually is fairly stupid.

He's a somewhat shrewd combatant but by no means the brightest bulb in the chandelier. He's pretty average for Black Orcs.

Gorfang Rotgut is actually the most strategically minded "smart" orc since Gorbad Ironclaw. Which is why I'm **** that we have neither as an LL and they gave Black Crag (Gorfang's home) to Grimgor.

*I am not counting Azhag in this, his intelligence was actually Nagash. He was very mediocre prior to getting the crown.

Grimgor's just a beast in personal combat, and thus attracts a huge waaagh!. Gorfang actually knows how to use one. Plus Skarsnik is his vassal and provides even more advice.

They honestly messed up making Grimgor the main greenskins leader. I think they did it because they weren't sure if TWWH would sell well and they wanted to see "the biggest badass" in the game. They should have waited for game three and let him get revenge against the chaos dwarfs though, really.

There is always time!
  • ChesterMcGirrChesterMcGirr Posts: 146Registered Users
    Huh I noticed this a lot in my current Dwarf/Empire coop campaign. He'd find a cheap kill somewhere, burn it down then resettle it, then consolidate his units and lose 1/2 to 3/4 of his stack.

Also haven't noticed grimgor (or any ork faction) doing repeated sacking of the same town to get a waaagh going - perhaps this behavior was switched off or toned down.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,294Registered Users
    It's showing that the AI doesn't have unlimited view of its regions either. I mean it's possible he didn't see your army being nearby (and two turns can actually be pretty far away).
  • Rochaid29Rochaid29 Senior Member Posts: 1,279Registered Users

its all part of the plan.