Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

DB-modding help request!

Buzz_buzzBuzz_buzz Posts: 83Registered Users
edited October 2 in Community Mods
How am I able to switch off or reduce the bullet shield block, not affecting the other types of projectiles?
Which table parameters must be edited to change:
1) melee attack speed (other than the melee_attack_interval, maybe, because it doesn't work for me);
2) ability for increased melee attack range (other than the weapon_length =|=);
3) ability to fire while moving for infantry (other than the precursor =|=);
4) firing accuracy (other than the accuracy =|=);
5) tightness of spacing (other than loose_spacing because it's already switched off by default)?
What is the exact effect of the concrete values of the following parameters:
1) training_level;
2) calibration_distance and calibration_area;
3) detonation_force?
What is the difference within the following groups of parameters (and the exact effect of the concrete values) of them:
1) mass and weight;
2) bonus_hit_points and hit_points;
3) reload and base_reload_time;
4) accuracy, marksmanship_bonus and spred;
5) projectile_number and shots_per_volley?
What do the following parameters mean (I have no idea):
1) melee_cp and missile_cp;
2) splash_attack_max_attack;
3) collision_attack_max_targets_cooldown;
4) dismounted_charge_damage and dismounted_melee_attack?
Maybe, there's some 100%-comprehensive guide?
Also, I have 2 more questions according the general modding: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/252094/the-two-mod-ideas-suggestion#latest.
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• CA_DuckCA_Duck Posts: 1,447Registered Users, CA Staff
    Buzz_buzz said:

How am I able to switch off or reduce the bullet shield block, not affecting the other types of projectiles? Depends on whether the projectile type can pierce shields (misc and artillery pierce shields).

Which table parameters must be edited to change:
    1) melee attack speed (other than the melee_attack_interval, maybe, because it doesn't work for me); melee attack speed is dictated by animation duration, melee attack interval only acts as a balancing cap on attack rate.
    2) ability for increased melee attack range (other than the weapon_length =|=): Dictated by anims.
    3) ability to fire while moving for infantry (other than the precursor =|=): Dictated by anims.
    4) firing accuracy (other than the accuracy =|=); accuracy, marksmanship bonus, calibration distance, calibration area affect this.
    5) tightness of spacing (other than loose_spacing because it's already switched off by default)? unit_spacing table has different spacings that can be assigned to units in land_units.

What is the exact effect of the concrete values of the following parameters:
    1) training_level; Doesn't do much.
    2) calibration_distance and calibration_area; These are used together calculate projectile dispersal area and how that changes between different distances.
    3) detonation_force: used together with detonation speed to determine the impact for knocking entities back for explosions.

What is the difference within the following groups of parameters (and the exact effect of the concrete values) of them:
    1) mass and weight; Mass is used to determine the weight of an entity. Unit weight is an old stat that is not used.
    2) bonus_hit_points and hit_points; base hit points are specified in battle_entities and bonus hit points are added on top of it.
    3) reload and base_reload_time: reload reduces reload time (percentage), reload time is the time between fire anims.
    4) accuracy, marksmanship_bonus and spred; the first two modify projectile dispersal, spread randomised dispersal unaffected by accuracy.
    5) projectile_number and shots_per_volley: the first multiplies number of shots per fire position, the latter is used to have UI calculate correctly for units with multiple fire positions per fire anim.

What do the following parameters mean (I have no idea):
    1) melee_cp and missile_cp: used by AI and autoresolve to figure out unit strength.
    2) splash_attack_max_attack: The number of entities that can be targeted by a splash attack (damage is divided by num of targets)
    3) collision_attack_max_targets_cooldown; used to calculate how frequently collision attackers can attack the same target. This is how many targets are removed per second.
    4) dismounted_charge_damage and dismounted_melee_attack?: Not used.

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Buzz_buzzBuzz_buzz Posts: 83Registered Users
    edited October 6
    CA_Duck said:

Thanks to you for your answer as to the member of actual game development team! But I still have to answer a few clarifying questions.
    1) Does melee_attack_interval begin after the end of attack animation or after the beginning?
    2) It isn't anyhow possible through modding to add the ability to fire while moving like zombies with pistols do to other units, for example, to free company militia because there's no appropriate specific animations, is it right or not?
    3) Calibration_distance shows the distance for which calibration_area is shown, right?
    4) Collision_attack_max_targets_cooldown shows how many of the previous collision attack targets get out of account per second so as to be targetable with the collision attack again, right?
    Also I'm very bothered by some absolutely silly AI behaviour issues while chasing the shattered and routing units: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/251951/owful-your-units-ai-behavior-when-chasing-the-shattered-units#latest.
    Not to mention the first of 2 issues has been occurring for as long as, at least, Shogun 2, though I must admit it has become some less silly but just a bit. I suppose it could be some interesting case for you to solve since you told us you were constantly improving the AI behaviour. ) I guess it's absolutely unmoddable and it's the thing only you are able to do. Again, I'm very bothered by these issues but I still have hope in you since you answer my requests.
    Thanks in advance!
    Post edited by Buzz_buzz on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file