Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

New Confederation System for all Races?

Hammer145Hammer145 Posts: 2Registered Users
Was just wondering if anyone else would be interested in seeing confederation systems similar to the Empires applied to all the other races in the Warhammer series. More lore friendly versions for each group, of course. I feel like the Empire's system is pretty fair. But now, it feels like all the other factions get to confederate quicker. Greenskins in particular confederate so quickly, cause most of them are weak, so they quicky join the main faction when losing wars. I dunno, just feel like it would be good to have a complete overhaul of the confederation system for those who haven't gotten one yet.

Comments

• xXF1aKOXxxXF1aKOXx Posts: 822Registered Users
    Hammer145 said:

Was just wondering if anyone else would be interested in seeing confederation systems similar to the Empires applied to all the other races in the Warhammer series. More lore friendly versions for each group, of course. I feel like the Empire's system is pretty fair. But now, it feels like all the other factions get to confederate quicker. Greenskins in particular confederate so quickly, cause most of them are weak, so they quicky join the main faction when losing wars. I dunno, just feel like it would be good to have a complete overhaul of the confederation system for those who haven't gotten one yet.

Greenskins should have the same Confederation like norsca
  • redknight83redknight83 Posts: 110Registered Users
    xXF1aKOXx said:

Hammer145 said:

Greenskins should definitely have some kind of confederation mechanic that requires them to be less diplomatic more like a greenskin. I remember some people saying another suggestion was you getting bonus to conferation when you get a WAAAGH or a WAAAGH currently active.
  • wadedaviswadedavis Junior Member Posts: 27Registered Users
    Yes, I think HE should get a very similar treatment to the empire. I like this recent update and I think CA is really getting the hang of more thematic gameplay. I have zero issue with mechanic-sharing if it makes sense. In this case it does.

Rather than confederating, I think the more evil and brutish factions should be able to intimidate or bribe their rivals into joining. For example, with DE and Skaven there should be a way to get lords with low loyalty to join your cause. I always thought the "great power" diplomatic penalty was odd in factions that have a follow-the-strongman-mob-mentality like Skaven and Orcs.
  • Herr_ArnulfeHerr_Arnulfe Posts: 743Registered Users
    As long as they don't continue removing Military Alliances from the victory conditions, then sure.
  • MorkMork Posts: 237Registered Users

Well, in that case, they should be weakened, maybe with yet more difficulties regarding public order. After all, there are more greenskins around than norsemen, and they get walls, meaning that it is easier for them to defend themslves. Norsca is open to invasion, since they do not have walls.
  • NinjipplesNinjipples Posts: 680Registered Users
    I don't really like the empire confederation mechanics that much tbh. It's too slow for my liking. The norsca mechanics however would be great for greenskins or maybe even skaven.
  • RedwolfActualRedwolfActual Member Posts: 245Registered Users
    Considering the Skaven lorewise, they should have a system more akin to complex vassalage, with a variety of smaller clan providing different bonuses when brought to heel and major clans competing for and trading these clans in between each other. Or simply selling the whole lot into slavery as an object lesson as to why you don't give the Grey Seer any reason to think you're a douche, thus shoring up the control of the vassals you have left.
  • LabriaLabria Posts: 511Registered Users
    wadedavis said:

Yes, I think HE should get a very similar treatment to the empire. I like this recent update and I think CA is really getting the hang of more thematic gameplay. I have zero issue with mechanic-sharing if it makes sense. In this case it does.

Rather than confederating, I think the more evil and brutish factions should be able to intimidate or bribe their rivals into joining. For example, with DE and Skaven there should be a way to get lords with low loyalty to join your cause. I always thought the "great power" diplomatic penalty was odd in factions that have a follow-the-strongman-mob-mentality like Skaven and Orcs.

I hope High Elves don't have just copy of Empire system. I think High Elves can have unique confederation system with influence. You will need 100 influence for confederation. Influence will be more important in the game.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,098Registered Users
    Perhaps LM confederations could be linked to geomagnetic web somehow?