Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Rome 2 stuttering in campaign map

EydoksosEydoksos Posts: 11Registered Users
edited October 5 in Rome II Support
Hello. I have a Ryzen 7 1700 and an AMD RX460 4GB and 8 gb RAM. In general i played Rome 2 without stutters even with worse hardware. Everything was running ok till 3 days ago. When i finished my Syracuse campaign without problems, i started one with another faction. Every time I moved my army on the campaign map to initiate a battle with an enemy a huge stutter would happen and the game freezes for about 5 seconds. All other actions dont cause a stutter. It only stutters if you are initiating a battle regardless if you attack and army a fleet or a city. This makes the game unplayable. Because after every move you make the game freezes. As i said it is not a hardware problem because the game was running fine before 2 days. I hope i get an answer soon so i can continue playing my favourite game.
Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Comments

• EydoksosEydoksos Posts: 11Registered Users
    I tried verifing game files and also uninstalling the game. Nothing works... Please guys someone help.
  • Buzz_buzzBuzz_buzz Posts: 83Registered Users
    This game has been dead since the release because of the tons of bugs. All of the CA efforts to revive it finally failed. Because you simply can't make the initially bad code run well (I'm a little bit into coding to, but not a professional). That time, I just skipped the whole game to avoid the unless inevitably consequent frustration.
    I know it started badly. But how can it be explained that a game that run okay before 3 days, is getting this major stuttering only when interacting with the army on the campaign map. I am not even complaining about the lag that is present when you move on the campaign map. I just cant stand that everytime i attack an enemy army or city, just before it shows the autoresolve option it freezes...
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,969Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    I don't think anything has changed in the game code over the last few days; however, it's possible that an update to some other software may be having an unexpected effect. Have you had any updates for other applications or drivers?

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png

I don't think anything has changed in the game code over the last few days; however, it's possible that an update to some other software may be having an unexpected effect. Have you had any updates for other applications or drivers?

Manually no update has been done. I dont know a lot of things about pc. If its a problem from my hardware it would be a gpu update which i have on auto. But i cant understand how it can lead to that stutter
    edited October 6
    I have the 19.4.2 amd drivers. So there are new drivers optional(19.9.3) and recommended(19.9.2). But that proves that there was nothing changed on my gpu drivers.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,969Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited October 6
    How about Windows updates or Steam updates? I had new automatic Windows updates on the 2nd and 4th October and possibly a Steam update but that could have been waiting around because I've been on holiday.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
    I think i have windows updates off. Also on steam i checked and have the most recent patch.