Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

User Info RequiredBegin turn crash

HauptmanTHauptmanT Posts: 16Registered Users
edited October 8 in Crashes
Two campaigns in a row now (since Hunter and beast DLC release) have gotten to circa turn 100 and then crashed, irretrievably, as the turn cycled back over to my control around turn 100.

First campaign, it was exactly turn 100. But reloading about 3 turns earlier, and replaying, it waited until turn 102 to crash, even though I made all the same moves.

Current campaign, it happens on turn 101. Soon as 102 should start, the game gets online, sends a bunch of data, then promptly crashes (or closes). I was able to use task manager to see what is going on, and on this particular turn (and only this turn, as I reloaded a different save from a turn earlier, and watched the network) the game gets online and crashes.

Why is my single player campaign going online?
What is it doing?
Why is it crashing and ruining my campaigns?

Just about turn 100 is when the campaigns get exciting... but if I cant play beyond the "build-up" and actually enjoy my work, what's the point? It makes the damn game unplayable.

"End of turn" crashes have been a staple since empire, which is why i have refrained from purchasing Total war games since... but I wanted my dwarves so caved... only to find the craftmanship has not improved.

Post edited by CA_Vix on

Comments

• HauptmanTHauptmanT Posts: 16Registered Users
    So as I waited for any form of response here, I started another campaign... and it made it to turn 10. Ten.

Ok... so ummm... what?

I just tried a reinstall, no help. still broke.

I understand I have something like 40 mods active, but if the only reply I get is "try it with all mods disabled" im gonna an hero on this place. Spending up to 5 days per trial, to narrow down the offender is not an option. Some of those mods are required as they fix glaring oversights, or just make things interesting instead of just the vanilla lack of choice.

You have the dmp file, which I cant read... please help narrow it down.
  • CA_VixCA_Vix Posts: 236Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    HauptmanT said:

So as I waited for any form of response here, I started another campaign... and it made it to turn 10. Ten.

Ok... so ummm... what?

I just tried a reinstall, no help. still broke.

I understand I have something like 40 mods active, but if the only reply I get is "try it with all mods disabled" im gonna an hero on this place. Spending up to 5 days per trial, to narrow down the offender is not an option. Some of those mods are required as they fix glaring oversights, or just make things interesting instead of just the vanilla lack of choice.

You have the dmp file, which I cant read... please help narrow it down.

Hi there,

Thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues during your campaign. Unfortunately, it is difficult for us to narrow down exactly what the issue could be as, without having all your mods applied correctly, I actually cannot access your save from my side as it results in a crash.

What I can suggest as this stage is to do the following:

1) There is currently a beta available with some fixes included if you haven't already installed this. Details of this can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/d4z1ys/beta_for_the_hunter_the_beast_now_live/

2) Use Steam "Verify Integrity of Game Files" function in Properties options for Warhammer 2. This function is located under "Local Files" tab.

3) Removing your AppData folder for Warhammer 2 - Make a copy of your WH2 appdata folder and relaunch the game (this will create a new WH2 appdata folder). Be sure not to delete your old Appdata folder to preserve your save.game files/settings etc. Try re-adding your save to the newly created save_games folder and run the save again.

4) Attempt to run the save without any mods attached or some mods disabled. I know this is not ideal, but there is always a risk that if something is outdated that it may cause issues with your save.games.

Hopefully this will help, in the meantime I will take a look into your crash files and see if I can find what's wrong.

All the best,

Vix
    I ended up doing a complete reinstall of the game and all mods... including getting the player made mod manager. Got about 70 turns into a campaign and got a blue screen crash. Probably not the games fault, most likely windows... but it nuked my windows installation and am currently reinstalling EVERYTHING!

Not having a good time here guys.
    I ended up doing a complete reinstall of the game and all mods... including getting the player made mod manager. Got about 70 turns into a campaign and got a blue screen crash. Probably not the games fault, most likely windows... but it nuked my windows installation and am currently reinstalling EVERYTHING!

Not having a good time here guys.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file