Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

AI gamebreaking bug

akinataakinata Posts: 2Registered Users
edited October 6 in Total War: SHOGUN 2
while in battle , if the AI is not in a winning position and despite being the one who attacked me, the AI will just stop playing until time run out and you are declared victorious.

i understand this behavior when the player is attacking. but when the player is defending you would assume that the AI will try its best to win or just retreat. but no it will never retreat its army. it will just stay there and wait for you to attack them. but by doing so you will lose. already 2 times in a row i had to wait with my army hidden in my castle or in the woods against a superior AI army force until the end of the battle becasue it didn't wanted to retreat nor attack.
(i even had a catapult unit in one of the battles but even destroying its armies from a distance didn't forced the Ai to attack. they just sat there just at the extremity of archery range and waited)

another time was when 2 big AI armies from 2 factions attacked my castle. i fended off the first AI with some loss but the second army led by the second AI didn't moved an inch.. until the battle timer ended. ieven tried to make a sortie outisde the castleonce with a few ashigaru to shake the AI but it just let its cavalry died without moving the rest of its army. just like if the AI stopped working for some reason. i can't continue to play in those conditions.

if that can help i have all DLC and no mods. maybe one of them is creating the bug?
this was while playing the shogun 2 campaign.

how is this gamebreaking? i have to wait 20 min in x3 speed each time it occur. (and it occur often, usually when 2 faction attack me at the same time or when i defend inside a forest and the AI understood that it would lose the battle there so it stop playing.)
also if it has troops all around the castle when it stop playing i can attack isolated troops without the rest of its army reacting...

Comments

• Buzz_buzzBuzz_buzz Posts: 83Registered Users
    edited October 6
    The game hasn't been supported since long ago, left with many critical bugs just like Rome 2. I personally had the campaign map underwater and the constantly incremently 'shivering' soldiers and spontaneously exploding gates with many casualties on my side in the tactical battles (it was about 5 years ago) but there has been no patch since then.
  • akinataakinata Posts: 2Registered Users
    would a fresh reinstall do the trick? maybe some files are corrupted? i have the steam version so i assume everyone using steam should get the same pb i have but i don't see much complain about it. either no one play the campaign anymore or my steam version have a pb..
  • Buzz_buzzBuzz_buzz Posts: 83Registered Users
    edited October 6
    akinata said:

would a fresh reinstall do the trick? maybe some files are corrupted? i have the steam version so i assume everyone using steam should get the same pb i have but i don't see much complain about it. either no one play the campaign anymore or my steam version have a pb..

I have no idea, I dropped the game finally many years ago though not because of the bugs but the very clunky and completely unrealistic matched melee combat AI behaviour. And that's what it was about the guns-dominated FotS stand-alone DLC! This far, I guess I couldn't play the original Shogun 2 game at all! How it's good that the the matched combat is dead now!
    At least, you can call a moderator like so:
    @dge.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,560Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    For the older games you will need to contact Sega Support, and open a ticket through the "Submit a Request" button in the top right of the page.

The FAQ and the ticket option can be found at this link:

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/categories/200307381-Total-War-Support
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin