Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

User Info RequiredLong standing crash from campaign map that I just can't explain.

ItharusItharus Senior MemberPosts: 6,823Registered Users
edited October 9 in Crashes
Warhammer, and Warhammer 2, have both long randomly hard-crashed my PC. Total lock up, I have to hard-boot by forcing the power off.

It happened less frequently with Attila and Rome 2.

But ONLY this series has crashed my PC like this in the last 12 years. It's just Total War. It's a loooong running thing that seems to be most prevalent in WH2.

I have no idea what happens, as since it makes me hard boot there's no errors spit out or even logs generated.

I do suspect it has to do with AMD graphics cards from the DX11 era. That's about all the info I can give :(

You guys haven't fixed it across 4 games though, so I doubt you ever will.

It's just been particularly prevalent in this last Hunter Beta, especially when playing Bretonnia for whatever reason.

It almost always happens when:

A) Starting a turn (just after end turn).
B) Loading back into the game after a battle.
C) Saving the game.
Post edited by CA_Vix on

Comments

• CA_VixCA_Vix Posts: 211Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited October 9
    Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing these issues for a long period of time. However, it's very difficult to narrow down the issue without the relevant files from you.

If you are able to provide us with some or all of the following files, this will help us investigate further:

- Crash Minidump file
    - DXdiag
    - Preferences.Script
    - Modified.Log

Details on how to find these are here: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/202015/read-this-before-posting

All the best,

Vix
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 6,823Registered Users
    Three of those are easy enough. No minidumps seem to be being generated though :(

I'll get it on it after my state quits turning the gd power off due to overreactive nonsense :(
  • CA_VixCA_Vix Posts: 211Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Itharus said:

Three of those are easy enough. No minidumps seem to be being generated though :(

I'll get it on it after my state quits turning the gd power off due to overreactive nonsense :(

No worries, anything you can provide is appreciated :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file