Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Possible Dwarf ledgendary lords

PandajacketPandajacket Posts: 59Registered Users
So who are all the possible dwarf legendary lords we could get with the next dlc since it is confirmed the skaven will not get the flc one.

Comments

• SultschiemSultschiem Posts: 1,611Registered Users
    I made a post a few days ago about the most likely candidates for a dwarf-lord pack including potential units, mechanics and campaign goals :)

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/252018/potential-dwarf-ll-campaign#latest
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Posts: 2,599Registered Users
    edited October 9
    If we ever get more the most likely are Thorek Ironbrow and Grimm Burloksson, the two remaining 8th edition army book Dwarf characters, both of whom focus on parts of the dwarf army (runecrafting and engineering respectively) that don't have a specific subfaction.
  • darkgaia01darkgaia01 Posts: 141Registered Users
    the next dlc already been confirmed not to be a crossover dlc so no dwarfs
  • angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Posts: 707Registered Users
    I dont think dwarfs will get a lord pack now that they have been deconfirmed... this was their best chance to get something
    Soon
  • Cody_811Cody_811 Junior Member Posts: 43Registered Users

I dont think dwarfs will get a lord pack now that they have been deconfirmed... this was their best chance to get something

I think all of the game 1 races will eventually get another LP for one very obscure reason; they all "need" to get the same number of RoR's due to that being the only real measuring stick of equality among the core races thus far.
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Posts: 880Registered Users
    Malakai Makaisson should be option number one as the next LP LL for dwarves.
  • AsamuAsamu Posts: 554Registered Users
    Malakai Makaisson would be my first pick based on the missing units, especially if we end up getting something for Dwarfs in game 2. There's currently no generic slayer lord/hero option, and there are a number of slayer units that haven't made it into the game, such as the Goblin Hewer; he's also the best fit alongside Thunderbarges, if GW considers adding them.

Thorek Ironbrow and Grimm Burloksson would be my other choices, as there is a lot of room for interpretation on units that could go with them, like Rune golems or any manner of mechanical things.
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Posts: 3,060Registered Users

If we ever get more the most likely are Thorek Ironbrow and Grimm Burloksson, the two remaining 8th edition army book Dwarf characters, both of whom focus on parts of the dwarf army (runecrafting and engineering respectively) that don't have a specific subfaction.

Technically, there's Josef Bugman as well.

For me personally, the only option is Thorek Ironbrow. And preferably without Rune Golems. The other units that might get added to the roster like the Thunderbarge or Goblin-Hewer are NOT, I repeat NOT, contingent on an Engineer character like Malakai or Burloksson being the featured LL of a hypothetical LP. We've seen it time and again that LP units more often than not have little to no association with their accompanying lord.
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

• ReghisReghis Posts: 311Registered Users
    edited October 9
    check SeanJeanquoi List

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/249188/dwarfs-updated-missing-characters-and-units/p1

Kazador, Malakai or Thorek would be the best choice imo
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

• SephlockSephlock Posts: 1,230Registered Users

So who are all the possible dwarf legendary lords we could get with the next dlc since it is confirmed the skaven will not get the flc one.

@CA_James reply:
  • OrderOfTheWhiteWolfOrderOfTheWhiteWolf Posts: 51Registered Users
    I think Malakai Makaisson would fit well in WH3 when we get the Darklands since he does play a pivotal role in making it possible for the Dwarf expedition to reach Karag Dum.
  • PandajacketPandajacket Posts: 59Registered Users
    Didn’t realize it was confirmed only game 2 races. That’s a bit disappointing since darkelves is the only race I actually care nothing for. Good for dark elf fans though. I am struggling to imagine what this lord pack is going to look like as far as units and theme goes.
  • OrderOfTheWhiteWolfOrderOfTheWhiteWolf Posts: 51Registered Users

Didn’t realize it was confirmed only game 2 races. That’s a bit disappointing since darkelves is the only race I actually care nothing for. Good for dark elf fans though. I am struggling to imagine what this lord pack is going to look like as far as units and theme goes.

I imagine it will center around the missing beast units for the Dark Elves and monsters of Clan Moulder. Essentially I can see it being called The Beastmaster and The Packmaster/Mutator but it really only make sense if Rakarth ends up being the DLC lord.
  • brago90brago90 Posts: 229Registered Users
    Or the dwarves are dressed as elves or forget to see them this year XD

Beastmasters, Beastmasters with chariots, Medusae, and the associated Shrine.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,013Registered Users, Moderators
    Hmm. Scourgerunner Chariots could do too?
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    Canuovea said:

Yeah that's what I meant. The net thing seems like it might be interesting, and maybe they'll have armor sundering or something...?

I still don't see them getting used that often because it feels like the kind of unit that they'll put off in a building chain no one ever uses.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,013Registered Users, Moderators
    Sephlock said:

Canuovea said:

Yeah that's what I meant. The net thing seems like it might be interesting, and maybe they'll have armor sundering or something...?

I still don't see them getting used that often because it feels like the kind of unit that they'll put off in a building chain no one ever uses.
    It seems they're meant to be anti-monster. At least according to what I've read. And that could actually make for a rather interesting chariot unit. For once. I'm not much of a fan of chariots but the Scourgerunner could be cool.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • EnforestEnforest Posts: 1,981Registered Users
    We really need new "anti-monster" or "anti-large-single-entity" bonus, which many units, like bolt throwers, cannons, Scourge runners, Warsphinx, Khardibyss and etc. should have instead of/in addition to "anti-large".

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Posts: 3,060Registered Users
    Enforest said:

We really need new "anti-monster" or "anti-large-single-entity" bonus, which many units, like bolt throwers, cannons, Scourge runners, Warsphinx, Khardibyss and etc. should have instead of/in addition to "anti-large".

Technically, I think you could get a similar effect from a character with a BvL and the duellist trait although that's a very specific niche and only addresses characters. Though I do agree with the general idea of having more distinct "bonus vs X's". I think that could be extended to flying units as well. So you could potentially have a Bonus vs Infantry, Bonus vs Cavalry, Bonus vs Monsters, and Bonus vs Flyers.

So for example, Dwarf cannons and Slayers might get a bonus vs monsters, bolt throwers would get a bonus vs flyers, and the anti-cav role could be given to Dwarf great weapon infantry. In other rosters, it could manifest in different ways with spears generally taking the anti-cav role and the anti-monster role would be given to units that are more traditionally the "beast-slayers" of the roster.

Just a thought.
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

• WarfieldWarfield Posts: 152Registered Users

I would say there are no possible Dwarf legendary lords with the next DLC since WH1 races were ruled out for the Festag DLC.

Warfield Undermountain
    Dwarf Lord of Mount Glander
    Stone and Steel Regiment