Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Make Markus great again!

ArneSoArneSo Posts: 3,595Registered Users
Please CA this nerf for Markus Wulfhart has gone to far.

He should be a super dangerous monster sniper.

I know that CA has an open ear for community feedback these days. So please remove his nerf, he was perfect the way he was.

Comments

• neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 3,037Registered Users
    I wouldn't say this should be reverted but maybe it was too harsh.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Posts: 2,267Registered Users
  • angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Posts: 1,086Registered Users
    ArneSo said:

Please CA this nerf for Markus Wulfhart has gone to far.

He should be a super dangerous monster sniper.

I know that CA has an open ear for community feedback these days. So please remove his nerf, he was perfect the way he was.

Absolutely yes, revert or make the nerf much less harsh
    Soon
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 1,332Registered Users
    edited October 2019
    Yeah he got nerfed haaaaaaard. I get you want to avoid power creep, but you also shouldn’t nerf a lord to the point where they become practically useless.
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 3,595Registered Users
    The one cool thing about Markus was that he was literally able to snipe down large enemie heroes. That’s what he is famous for. So it’s absolutely okay that he is super dangerous in battle.

This was just another “make them all equal” nerf to please the MP crowd.

I’m tired of this, this is a SP game
    ArneSo said:

The one cool thing about Markus was that he was literally able to snipe down large enemie heroes. That’s what he is famous for. So it’s absolutely okay that he is super dangerous in battle.

Yes, make his abilities able to target ONLY large units, reverse the nerf and put that large units only limit and thats how you fix him and makes him loreful to his monster killer thematic.

Soon
  • GallowmereWarlockGallowmereWarlock Posts: 251Registered Users
    I agree that the nerf should only effect normal Heroes not large ones.

I mean if you fight Wulfhart with Nakai, you should be aware of his aiming skills.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 17,371Registered Users
    Make him great again? I'd rather he not be openly corrupt.

Anyway last time I played him I combined with the Waywatcher basically one shot a Giant Salamander with their two abilities. I'd prefer characters not have an auto delete button.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
    edited October 2019

Anyway last time I played him I combined with the Waywatcher basically one shot a Giant Salamander with their two abilities. I'd prefer characters not have an auto delete button.

I want the best monster killer in the setting to be a monster killer and hit like a truck just like in the fluff.

Thank you very much.

He is not even that broken in campaign, like all legendary lords, he is powerful only in late game, Nakai can 1 shot anyone in the campaign if you stack his skills, that doesnt make him broken does it?
    Soon
    Wulfhart is the only LL in the game that is famous for sniping monsters.

His whole theme is about killing monsters with his bow, so he should be an auto killer for large single monster units and heroes.
    1 shot in the eye and the job is done.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 1,160Registered Users
    Yeah agree with this, he seems to have been nerfed way to much. The best thing about him was he was a strong archer while being a fairly weak melee fighter, that to me is what made him interesting

• SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Posts: 447Registered Users
    Find a different campaign slogan and maybe I'll agree. He was far too good at sniping before hand. Maybe the nerd is overly harsh, but he shouldn't be drastically better than all the other famous sniper lords.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 17,371Registered Users

I want the best monster killer in the setting to be a monster killer and hit like a truck just like in the fluff.

Thank you very much.

He is not even that broken in campaign, like all legendary lords, he is powerful only in late game, Nakai can 1 shot anyone in the campaign if you stack his skills, that doesnt make him broken does it?
    You're welcome.

Of course it does.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.

Find a different campaign slogan and maybe I'll agree. He was far too good at sniping before hand. Maybe the nerd is overly harsh, but he shouldn't be drastically better than all the other famous sniper lords.

I'm pretty sure he is THE sniper lord

can you name another one aside from the Alith?

Why not buff Alith instead of nerfing Wulfhart?
    Soon
  • summertimelovinsummertimelovin Posts: 222Registered Users
    I'm fine with the changes. He's still quite good at dealing with monsters without instantly eliminating them from the battle.
    @angry_rat_lover

Markus and Alith are the only archer LLs, but only Markus is famous for sniping monsters and large units.

So he should be op against Monsters, okay against everything else and bad in melee.

I mean if you are that stupid to send an Carnosaurus against Markus don’t cry when he ends up with an arrow in his head. But these kind of things are MP balance problems I guess...

Remember that scene where Bard kills Smaug with one single shot? That’s basically Markus in Warhammer.
  • SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Posts: 447Registered Users

Buffs to Alith Anar would be great. Maybe he'd be worth playing then. Markus was just a little too strong, so a less harsh nerf of Markus and buffs to AA makes for a happy middle ground. End of thread. Problem solved.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Posts: 5,654Registered Users

Because it's the annoying DLC trend.

New DLC made stronger then normal. Nerf it sometime after to the areas they wanted it.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

New DLC made stronger then normal. Nerf it sometime after to the areas they wanted it.
    They buffed the Dread Saurian because it was trash so they do not only nerf after release
    Soon
    Markus is not stronger than anyone else, he sucks in Melee, doesn’t has a fancy mount, nor is he able to use magic.

His only strength is killing monsters with his bow, so why is it problematic when he is the best one in that little niche? In a sword fight against most LLs he loses, so let him at least be a boss against large monsters.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Posts: 5,654Registered Users

They buffed the Dread Saurian because it was trash so they do not only nerf after release
    It is not a CA only thing.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• RikisRikis Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    While were at it, lets reverse those pesky nerfs to the vamps counts and coast. Lorewise they should wipe the floor of any humans! Btw I'm being sarcastic. If something is op, its op in singleplayer as much as multiplayer.

Time will tell if the nerfs were to harsh but to say that someone could 1 shot enemy lords and not call it broken is being blind to a problem.
    Rikis said:

While were at it, lets reverse those pesky nerfs to the vamps counts and coast. Lorewise they should wipe the floor of any humans! Btw I'm being sarcastic. If something is op, its op in singleplayer as much as multiplayer.

Time will tell if the nerfs were to harsh but to say that someone could 1 shot enemy lords and not call it broken is being blind to a problem.

No, if its OP in SP, its not usually OP in MP, and the other way around applies too

CA should change the balancing of MP and SP differently
    Soon
  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Posts: 4,336Registered Users
    Yet another " I want to instantly delete enemies" thread...
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
    edited October 2019
    Why should I want an insta win campaign Button? This is one of the dumbest comments I read in a while.

I just want that the Leader of my faction is as powerful as he should be. Markus campaign is all about role playing, something MP players will never understand...

This is a fantasy setting with mountain gods tall like walls and ancient alien casters that are able to move continents and we are talking about characters should not be OP?

They should be! A normal human should insta die in a battle against Kholek and Kroak should be able to insta destroy single units (like he does in the game)

Some heroes are stronger than others in some disciplines.

Kholek should be the most powerful melee LL

Kroak should be the mightiest caster

Tyrion should be the best duellist

And Markus should be the best monster sniper
  • Rolf1989Rolf1989 Posts: 405Registered Users
    I feel like I'm agreeing with the wrong crowd. But I had so much fun in the Markus campaign, and was anybody complaining that his campaign was too easy? Because I found it quite difficult, which was why Markus deleting big monsters felt good, and not cheap.
    This seems like a MP nerf to the detriment of his SP campaign, to me at least.
    Rolf1989 said:

I feel like I'm agreeing with the wrong crowd. But I had so much fun in the Markus campaign, and was anybody complaining that his campaign was too easy? Because I found it quite difficult, which was why Markus deleting big monsters felt good, and not cheap.
    This seems like a MP nerf to the detriment of his SP campaign, to me at least.

Nobody was complaining about his campaign, most people found him hard actually, I heard some people say that legendary Markus was the hardest campaing in the game for them.
    Soon
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,416Registered Users
    nah it was **** how he was, far too easy to snipe heros and monsters, he is still pretty powerfull as is

• AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,416Registered Users
    ArneSo said:

want op and broken lords, go take a mod, look even in campaign it was stupid, him being much stronger than alith anar ? thats waht I call ****, there is a certain balance to have between caracters you can't have a lord who is so far above another one if that doesnt make any sense, it is like if Alberic was a better fighter than Tyrion or Grimgor.