Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Make Markus great again!

Comments

• AmonkhetAmonkhet Posts: 1,609Registered Users

ArneSo said:

The one cool thing about Markus was that he was literally able to snipe down large enemie heroes. That’s what he is famous for. So it’s absolutely okay that he is super dangerous in battle.

This was just another “make them all equal” nerf to please the MP crowd.

I’m tired of this, this is a SP game

want op and broken lords, go take a mod, look even in campaign it was stupid, him being much stronger than alith anar ? thats waht I call ****, there is a certain balance to have between caracters you can't have a lord who is so far above another one if that doesnt make any sense, it is like if Alberic was a better fighter than Tyrion or Grimgor.
    We literally have Gor-Rok. Why is this allowed?
  • Kazegami74Kazegami74 Posts: 91Registered Users
    Sorry but what exactly is the nerf you're all talking about ?
  • Ares354Ares354 Posts: 2,245Registered Users

Sorry but what exactly is the nerf you're all talking about ?

Markus Wulfhart:
    -7 melee defence
    -18% ap projectile damage
    -17% base projectile damage
    +0.5 projectile calibration area (+100%)
    -70 marksmanship bonus
    Changed projectile type from artillery to arrow (can be blocked by shields and applies a smaller morale penalty)
    ABILITIES
    Kill Shot
    -45% ap projectile damage
    -45% base projectile damage
    -33% bonus vs large
    Changed projectile type from artillery to arrow (can be blocked by shields and applies a smaller morale penalty)
    Number of uses changed from 3 to 2
    Executioner
    -50% ap projectile damage
    -45% base projectile damage
    -33% bonus vs large
    Amber Bow
    -24% ap projectile damage
    -40% base projectile damage
    -17% bonus vs large
    +0.4 projectile calibration area (+400%)
    -75% explosion detonation radius
    -75% explosion detonation speed

Everything about Marcus Wulfhart. Legendary on SP with him will be massive pain is ass, not worth it
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,416Registered Users
    Ares354 said:

ArneSo said:

The one cool thing about Markus was that he was literally able to snipe down large enemie heroes. That’s what he is famous for. So it’s absolutely okay that he is super dangerous in battle.

want op and broken lords, go take a mod, look even in campaign it was stupid, him being much stronger than alith anar ? thats waht I call ****, there is a certain balance to have between caracters you can't have a lord who is so far above another one if that doesnt make any sense, it is like if Alberic was a better fighter than Tyrion or Grimgor.
    You wonna talk about OP or borken Lords, let start with Tyrion who can take Widowmaker, or maybe we can talk about Kholek who can whipe ENEMY armry alone, yea not broken at all. Alith Anar should be better at sniping humans size lord and heroes, Marcus is ALLA ABOUT killing monster, and CA took it from him.

Paid LL who suck now, because "Ca love" for empire is eternal. NON LL was nerfed as much, see how broken Skaven ikit is
    Because no lord were as broken on release than him. Look like you said. Tyrion with the sword of khaine is broken, thats the whole point of the sword of khaine, but this thing comes at a big cost to your army.

Kholek is able to do so at high level and it does make sense. Markus is still better at taking down monsters than alith don't worry.

Ares354 said:

ArneSo said:

You wonna talk about OP or borken Lords, let start with Tyrion who can take Widowmaker, or maybe we can talk about Kholek who can whipe ENEMY armry alone, yea not broken at all. Alith Anar should be better at sniping humans size lord and heroes, Marcus is ALLA ABOUT killing monster, and CA took it from him.

Paid LL who suck now, because "Ca love" for empire is eternal. NON LL was nerfed as much, see how broken Skaven ikit is
    Because no lord were as broken on release than him. Look like you said. Tyrion with the sword of khaine is broken, thats the whole point of the sword of khaine, but this thing comes at a big cost to your army.

Kholek is able to do so at high level and it does make sense. Markus is still better at taking down monsters than alith don't worry.
    Ikit was not broken ,that funny. Pls, moment when you pick sword of Khaine as elvens, you have all they money in world, you wont go broke, hell, you can have 4 units, still own eveyone.

Marcus was killed by this nerf, Alith is not about killig monster, its about castration of LL who is not flc, for who youp aid, because 5% MP player based cryied
  • GallowmereWarlockGallowmereWarlock Posts: 250Registered Users
    No matter if you play MP or SP, this is not ok

<3

OMG, make his ability to not target humans size Lords and Heroes, OMG so hard, nerf him to oblivion instead
  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Posts: 4,336Registered Users

No one is going to reply to this because they don't actually care about having to put in any amount of effort in using Markus
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 2,609Registered Users
    @GallowmereWarlock

Honestly, if someone is so stupid to send his LL as the first charge against Markus...

I don’t have words for this 😂😂

Use some tactics dude, protect your Lord when you know Wulfie is out there aiming at you...
  • RheingoldRheingold Posts: 231Registered Users
    He clearly needed nerfs, I doubt anyone would deny that. But the nerfs are to much. I really wish CA would have more and smaller balance patches instead of the occasional humongous whopper. This is typical of them, overpowered unit, nerf it into the ground....
    ArneSo said:

@GallowmereWarlock

Honestly, if someone is so stupid to send his LL as the first charge against Markus...

Use some tactics dude, protect your Lord when you know Wulfie is out there aiming at you...

>Markus makes enemy lords irrelevant because they have to hide the whole game.

>Yep sounds like tactical gameplay to me!
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
    Seldkam said:

ArneSo said:

@GallowmereWarlock

>Markus makes enemy lords irrelevant because they have to hide the whole game.

>Yep sounds like tactical gameplay to me!
    Here we have Kroak on turn 1 insta-deleting units.
    ArneSo said:

@GallowmereWarlock

I can replay to thia, you are just too smart for me. You got me! Next time I'll leave my lord in the corner of the map.
    <3
  • 39821739175248623982173917524862 Posts: 852Registered Users
    That clip has the player leaving his lord standing in place for a while and ahead of his army, while the enemy clearly has Markus as their lord and makes no attempt to dodge the ability. What a great example to demonstrate something and overblow it. Those damage values were clearly big, but they did not need to be hit so hard and also reduce his regular attack as well.
    ArneSo said:

@GallowmereWarlock

Just an crazy idea, but how about leaving your Lord and large monsters out of range until you manage to get Markus into a melee fight?

True. I mean, is not like he has some crazy stuff like a net or crazy range.
    <3
    @GallowmereWarlock just don’t get that close with Heroes and Lords, you know how strong he is.

He’s just a normal dude without a horse or anything special, if you get into his range it’s your fault when your Lord dies.

Many ways to avoid that, just use a different tactic than in other battles.
  • DukeusDukeus Junior Member Posts: 159Registered Users
    If i land malekith on that lord with the sword of khaine she would be one shoted too with the Rest of her army in seconds.

The skill has a long cooldown and only 3 uses.

This is Warhammer. I LIKE OP Charakters. Thats what this game is about. I like to 1 vs 3 Stack on Hard and feel like a Boss with my lord. Yes i became a casual Player and I only play SP games latly :)

I sadly dont have the time and patience anymore for competetive games. And i played a lot back in the days

Ranged Lords always felt week for me in this game. Malekith, tyrion, even Franz can delete Lords in seconds in campaign.

Ranged Lords cant normaly. Unlike in the Video the AI is able to hide their Lords in common units and this 5 second to aim shot always misses.

Wufhart was fun for me in the few hours i Tried him.
  • DeludeDelude Posts: 310Registered Users
    Markus was the most OP thing in the game by a significant margin. Even after these nerfs he'll still be strong. Relax.

Also, I'm having a laugh at the suggestions in this thread.

"just make his abilities not target human size lords" = never take a mount vs empire, no.

"don't use your lord til Markus is engaged" Markus is very hard to catch and Empire excells at static defencive play.

"avoid Markus with your Lord" Markus has stalk. He is literally invisible.
    edited October 2019
    Delude said:

Markus was the most OP thing in the game by a significant margin. Even after these nerfs he'll still be strong. Relax.

Also, I'm having a laugh at the suggestions in this thread.

"just make his abilities not target human size lords" = never take a mount vs empire, no.

"don't use your lord til Markus is engaged" Markus is very hard to catch and Empire excells at static defencive play.

"avoid Markus with your Lord" Markus has stalk. He is literally invisible.

How will he be strong if Alith Anar is just as good at fighting monsters as he is now?

Its so stupid we now have an archer lord who can have a shield block his attacks.
    edited October 2019
    Comment removed.

I enjoy both facets of this game.

People in this thread are suggesting, for whatever reason, that Markus did not deserve to be nerfed. They are wrong. And so, here I am, poking holes in bad ideas.
    Post edited by dge1 on
    Fact is, Markus still has more damage per arrow than AA. He has more damage on abilities than AA. He has stalk and vanguard. He has AoE nets. He has 50% more ammo than any other Lord in the game.

He's still going to be very strong.
    edited October 2019
    He's still going to be blocked by a shield. Most stupid change they made.

Also Alith Anar has a ton of other bonuses and a much much easier campain.
    edited October 2019
    A simple question:

Is Markus campaign more fun now after his nerf?

No it’s probably not, now he’s not that special anymore. Killing big monsters with him was super fun and thematic.

So for what kind of people was that nerf?

Only for MP players.
    Amonkhet said:

EVERYONE is blocked by shield (except Alith Anar) this change ESPECIALLY was necessary, because Markus' arrows can delete entire rows of infantry and kill multiple cav models. And he has 45! arrows! That's more than any other ranged lord in the game.
    edited October 2019
    Delude said:

Amonkhet said:

EVERYONE is blocked by shield (except Alith Anar) this change ESPECIALLY was necessary, because Markus' arrows can delete entire rows of infantry and kill multiple cav models. And he has 45! arrows! That's more than any other ranged lord in the game.
    You realise he needs this cause of where he is, right, in campain? He is forced into numerous wars early on with the early-game tough lizardmen, who get all sorts of massive bonuses, as well as his 'mechanic' is losing access to most of his roster in the early game, no real access to Elector Count mechanic and VERY infrequent supplies when they matter most.

Why does Gor-Rok get to mulch entire units of infantry in one spell, from Kroak whom he gets on turn one?
    Amonkhet said:

Delude said:

Amonkhet said:

You realise he needs this cause of where he is, right, in campain? He is forced into numerous wars early on with the early-game tough lizardmen, who get all sorts of massive bonuses, as well as his 'mechanic' is losing access to most of his roster in the early game, no real access to Elector Count mechanic and VERY infrequent supplies when they matter most.

Why does Gor-Rok get to mulch entire units of infantry in one spell, from Kroak whom he gets on turn one?
    Monsters don't generally carry shields. If you want to kill monsters you'll run into few problems.

Also, going to war with the Lizards doesn't give you super powers. His campaign is meant to be difficult, and it still will be.

There's no reason Markus should be immune to shield block and a Gladelord or waystalker should not. Both are better archers than any human, even Markus.

And yet after these nerfs he still does more damage, has better abilities, and has more ammo. Markus is still quite strong. Relax.
    edited October 2019
    Delude said:

Amonkhet said:

Delude said:

Amonkhet said:

Monsters don't generally carry shields. If you want to kill monsters you'll run into few problems.

Also, going to war with the Lizards doesn't give you super powers. His campaign is meant to be difficult, and it still will be.

There's no reason Markus should be immune to shield block and a Gladelord or waystalker should not. Both are better archers than any human, even Markus.

And yet after these nerfs he still does more damage, has better abilities, and has more ammo. Markus is still quite strong. Relax.
    His difficulty was meant to be hard, not Skarsnik hard. Lokhir is hard. Markus is on another level.

He loses out on 3/4's of the mechanics of his own race, he loses out on 3/4's of his roster unless hes winning easily, and he only gets more debuffs the more hes winning. He starts with some of the weakest starting units and his Huntsmen will take a long time till they reach anywhere near their full power.

Then we have Gor-Rok who has a level 25 lord equivilant on turn one...the easiest start position ever, and no penalties, and ridiculous starting stack.
    edited October 2019
    His campaign was difficult. Your only strength at start was that your Main Character, the dude you are role playing with, was a good monster sniper.

Role playing is something competitive MP fanatics will never understand.

So if he’s a basic archer now with no special monster killing skills, his whole campaign gets redundant.
    edited October 2019
    Amonkhet said:

Delude said:

Amonkhet said:

This is frankly short sighted. By this logic lords would be solely balanced on how hard their campaign is, and not much else. Archaon would be super weak, as would malekith, tyrion, and Franz, while Markus and skarsnik are top power level, wow.
    ArneSo said:

His campaign was difficult. Your only strength at start was that your Main Character, the dude you are role playing with, was a good monster sniper.

Role playing is something competitive MP fanatics will never understand.

So if he’s a basic archer now with no special monster killing skills, his whole campaign gets redundant.

Also this is some quality hyperbole. Markus is not going to be a basic archers with these nerfs. What basic archers has an on demand net of amyntok overcasted?
    Seldkam said:

Amonkhet said:

Delude said:

Amonkhet said:

This is frankly short sighted. By this logic lords would be solely balanced on how hard their campaign is, and not much else. Archaon would be super weak, as would malekith, tyrion, and Franz, while Markus and skarsnik are top power level, wow.
    No, normally if you have a hard start, you have at least something to help you potentially survive the early game. Skarsnik starts with an Arachnarok for example and a hero (compliments his bonuses to heroes). Or Khatep having a Necrotitan early and a Hero.

Markus has nothing, and hes ONLY strong against a type of unit won't see alot of early game.