Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Tomb Kings have the best post-battle options

SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Posts: 414Registered Users
edited October 17 in General Discussion
Title.

I think the Tomb Kings have the best post-battle options.

They can either:

Take a monetary reward, and gain a +20% campaign movement buff for a few turns(this is the best post battle option in the game in my opinion)

Gain +30 canopic jars (Always a solid choice if you aren't spamming the jar-hoarder abilities)

Replenish their troops by a percentage and then also gain a +x% replenishment rate bonus for a few turns

In comparison to some of the other factions in game, especially the old world factions that only have a replenishment option when fighting their own race or a similar race (bretonnia and empire) these buffs just feel massively ahead of the rest.

I would really like the movement range buff added to certain factions. Instead of giving Bretonnia a replenishment option, and a ransom option which is almost never worth the chivalry loss, a campaign map buff would be a nice option to have. The Greenskins would really benefit from the +x% replenishment rate bonus for a few turns.

Just some thoughts I've had while running a Settra campaign. Thoughts?
Post edited by SubjectEighteen on

Comments

• SephlockSephlock Posts: 2,050Registered Users
    "Eat captives"

GREENSKINS IZ DA BEST!
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Posts: 414Registered Users
    Sephlock said:

"Eat captives"

GREENSKINS IZ DA BEST!

They have eat captives sure. But it would be even better if they got initial replenishment like they already do, plus 2 turns of +x% replenishment rate bonus like the Tomb Kings do.
  • Elder_MolochElder_Moloch Posts: 1,793Registered Users
    I like campaign movement buff for Counts "something like "restless dead" theme thing or "dead travel fast", but idk about it as post-battle thing.

Replenishment for sure should be better. When almost all Replenishment buffs for them are below +10%, its quite frustrating.

Idk, about canopic jars alternative for them, since they don't have currency of such type and giving even 1 Blood Kiss would be too much.

I like idea with better replenishment rate for GS though. Would appeal to their regen fluff.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• SephlockSephlock Posts: 2,050Registered Users

I like campaign movement buff for Counts "something like "restless dead" theme thing or "dead travel fast", but idk about it as post-battle thing.

Replenishment for sure should be better. When almost all Replenishment buffs for them are below +10%, its quite frustrating.

Idk, about canopic jars alternative for them, since they don't have currency of such type and giving even 1 Blood Kiss would be too much.

I like idea with better replenishment rate for GS though. Would appeal to their regen fluff.

"Enrich battlefield".
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • ardeathwingardeathwing Posts: 73Registered Users
    edited October 17
    I think the post battle options same as the province commandment buffs are balanced with what the race offers as units/income/prices etc.
    You can't judge it in a vacuum without considering the whole faction.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,294Registered Users
    Sorry, but no. Dark Elves have the best one with the take slaves option. It gives them both a permanent income boost that can be increased to frankly absurd heights with all the buffs available to slavery income, they also replenish almost all of their losses on top of it because it's not percentage but flat number based and DE have such small units.

It's so bad it needs an absolute barrage of nerfhammering.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 2,161Registered Users
    I'd like CA to rework the post battle options for some factions, especially the game 1 factions.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,317Registered Users
    A bit related a bit not, but Tomb Kings are just straight up one of the best designed factions.

Tomb Kings and Norsca are both just really solid work.

I can't even think of anything the TK need done to them. They're just good. Same for Norsca, really. I wish more races had been as well thought out as they were.
  • RikisRikis Posts: 1,239Registered Users
    Itharus said:

A bit related a bit not, but Tomb Kings are just straight up one of the best designed factions.

I can't even think of anything the TK need done to them. They're just good. Same for Norsca, really. I wish more races had been as well thought out as they were.

Could get a small boost of some sort when in the hands of the AI honestly. Apart from a few exceptions they don't do so well in the campaign.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,294Registered Users
    Itharus said:

Fix their unit limits so you can't spam elites so quickly. They're not above it.
  • SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Posts: 414Registered Users

Sorry, but no. Dark Elves have the best one with the take slaves option. It gives them both a permanent income boost that can be increased to frankly absurd heights with all the buffs available to slavery income, they also replenish almost all of their losses on top of it because it's not percentage but flat number based and DE have such small units.

It's so bad it needs an absolute barrage of nerfhammering.

Honestly, I haven't played the Dark Elves since the game came out. I forgot that they could even do that.

My point remains though. The Tomb Kings have some great options, and it makes a lot of the rest of the factions in game look really dated.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,317Registered Users

Itharus said:

Fix their unit limits so you can't spam elites so quickly. They're not above it.
    For the AI? The crappy income slows me down a fair amount until I've conquered a ton of settlements then it's crazy.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    edited October 18

Itharus said:

They'd need a mid-late game rebalance then. They lack any elites in the early game phase, so progress is extremely slow and dangerous allowing other empires to massively expand. Without a lot of elites, they are not going to be able to keep up. Besides how can you get elites quickly in Mortal Empires?

Also Tomb Kings are arguably the weakest AI factions barring greenskins/hordes, since they get wiped out very early.