Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Should WH3 Pre-order be New race vs Old World LL

rafantomasrafantomas Posts: 649Registered Users
Instead of getting only a new race CA can add some new LLs. The acclaimed “Old World Lords Pack” ir something else

Comments

• SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,221Registered Users
    while possible I think most want an other race more then a LP even cross over.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Posts: 700Registered Users
    Pre-order better be another race. Shame it is not going to be Araby.
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.
  • rafantomasrafantomas Posts: 649Registered Users
    New race + Beastmen LL with rework for example.
  • SultschiemSultschiem Posts: 1,630Registered Users
    Southern Realms please!!!
    Cortes31 said:

DoW>Araby

Southern Realms please!!!

Souther Realms vs Beastmen LL for example.

Either S. Realms or Dogs of War
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Posts: 2,402Registered Users
    Ca can add new LLs during the whole game#3 experience. They could even start just LL bundles only for Mortal Empires. But races are a different problem, that start with which map is the focus and which races live there.
    So I rather take an actual race DLC as preorder.

------Red Dox
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 917Registered Users
    Southern Realms. It's really the only viable option left for a race pack that can still fit into Game 2's map.
    edited October 18
    SiWI said:

Cortes31 said:

DoW>Araby
    Not exactly , DoW does not have to be more than Araby. One could say DoW is just a mixture of units from different races while Araby can be a complete new experience (unitand lore-wise) They dont have an army book tho so. I think both deserve to appear
    Bonutz619 said:

Southern Realms. It's really the only viable option left for a race pack that can still fit into Game 2's map.

What would Souther Realms bring? new units? monsters? special artillery?

SiWI said:

Cortes31 said:

DoW>Araby
    Not exactly , DoW does not have to be more than Araby. One could say DoW is just a mixture of units from different races while Araby can be a complete new experience (unitand lore-wise) They dont have an army book tho so. I think both deserve to appear
    Of course you can say that but you would be wrong.

Not only have DoW a unit which function different then all in game units, pikes, unlike araby who has unit concepts whic h basically exist already in other races (Mammut=Elefant), but they have some very cool und interesting units.

Also DoW were in the actual main TT, which gives them the birthright before Araby.
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 1,540Registered Users
    The pre order for game 3 must be useful for game 2.

There might be people who only own game 2 so a preorder with old world races doesn’t make sense for them.

I actually would love that to be honest. Bretonnia vs VC would be epic.

Would love to see it but really doubt it.

CA also said that the „no more races for game 2“ statement doesn’t include the preorder. That makes a new race for that spot extremely likely.

Another point is that after 4 LPs, people will start to get tired of these kind of DLCs.
    @rafantomas

DoW just a mix of different races? That’s simply not true.
    Their core units would be normal infantry from the city states with an Italian/Spanish renaissance style. They would be unique like Bretonnia is unique.

DoW had an armybook so they are in the same position like Chaos Dwarfs when it comes to “beeing official”
  • QuecoQueco Posts: 208Registered Users
    Southern Realms would be sweet.

With some funky new mercenary mechanic. Something like the AI can ask for assistance in a war and only the assigned army is actual at war with the target and w/e town you take over (with said army) it goes over to the AI's control...

Use of actual pikes and some other unique units

Plenty of LL choices as well.
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Posts: 898Registered Users
    Id rather have another race hands down, just the for fact that we et new enemies/reworked area of the map and new assets for modders as a bonus. There is always room for more Lord Packs but every race has a much bigger impact on the game.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 4,561Registered Users
    Red_Dox said:

Ca can add new LLs during the whole game#3 experience. They could even start just LL bundles only for Mortal Empires. But races are a different problem, that start with which map is the focus and which races live there.

------Red Dox

Now, now. You yourself already pointed at a lack of races for game 3, it makes sense that they leave them for actual campaign packs rather than low budget pre-order.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
    I also start to think that DoW would be better for a full price campaign pack than a cheap 2 LLs race pack. Just look at WE and Norsca with their 2 LLs. It is hard for them to get another one becaue they are DLC. I don’t want the same for DoW...

So I would rather get a LP as Preorder and DoW as a campaign pack with 4 LLs.
    ArneSo said:

I also start to think that DoW would be better for a full price campaign pack than a cheap 2 LLs race pack. Just look at WE and Norsca with their 2 LLs. It is hard for them to get another one becaue they are DLC. I don’t want the same for DoW...

So I would rather get a LP as Preorder and DoW as a campaign pack with 4 LLs.

well they most certainly have more then 2 LL candidates to draw out of the hat.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 3,008Registered Users
    We've gotten a race each time before. Norsca was great. A "single" LL or even two would be such a giant let down. Pretty much guarantee the first time I wouldn't preorder just out of straight up protest.

It would need to be quite a few lords, units, and straight up new mechanics layered on most of them.

And even then, I'm pretty certain the community would prefer a new race.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Posts: 2,402Registered Users
    edited October 18
    Crossil said:

Red_Dox said:

------Red Dox

Now, now. You yourself already pointed at a lack of races for game 3, it makes sense that they leave them for actual campaign packs rather than low budget pre-order.
    I also pointed out, several times, that we could list besides the obvious 5 around 9 other names with sinking chances of getting a race DLC. Without sinking so low to inclue Pygmies, Amazons or those monogod madness some people are obsessed with. So when I say we are nearly done the major and minor players, while eagerly searching for alternatives to fill the rest I usually point out

that from the 9 more unlikely candidates picking two for the "leftover" DLCs, is still doable. While managing 4 core races + a preorder dlc race.

-----Red Dox

Bonutz619 said:

What would Souther Realms bring? new units? monsters? special artillery?
    The Dogs of War army book roster could easily be used for the Southern Realms. Since it's a mercenary faction that incorporates all of the races of Warhammer, CA could do anything for monsters and artillery if they chose to do so. Albion Fenbeasts, Giants of Albion, Arabyan War Elephants, Djinn, Marienburg Landship...just to name a few. CA could also choose anything from Forgeworld or the Monstrous Arcanum if they wanted too. The possibilities are literally endless.
  • Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 835Registered Users
    New race of course.
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Posts: 2,279Registered Users
    The Pre-Order incentive needs to be a Race.

If its not a Race i won't really consider purchasing it until release, and still get that pre-order incentive for free for a week.

But it shouldn't be a Vortex Race.

The Pre-Order Incentive, just like Norsca. Must be a Mortal Empires exclusive Race.

Do not forget that the actual Final Map of Warhammer 3 is the Mortal Empires Map, that is the true Warhammer experience. And the only reason we have gotten a Trilogy in the first place.
    Red_Dox said:

Crossil said:

Red_Dox said:

------Red Dox

I also pointed out, several times, that we could list besides the obvious 5 around 9 other names with sinking chances of getting a race DLC. Without sinking so low to inclue Pygmies, Amazons or those monogod madness some people are obsessed with. So when I say we are nearly done the major and minor players, while eagerly searching for alternatives to fill the rest I usually point out

that from the 9 more unlikely candidates picking two for the "leftover" DLCs, is still doable. While managing 4 core races + a preorder dlc race.

-----Red Dox

Personally i feel CA won't be that generous and give us 4 Entire Races on the base game for Part 3. It kills the potential of a long development cycle with 4 or 5 DLC Races.

Let's remember that unlike Warhammer 1 or Warhammer 2. Warhammer 3 is the Endgame, its the conclusion of the trilogy. So just getting 2 more pieces of Race DLC after release, feels like a waste of potential.

Monogods + Pre-Order Race

Guarantees a lot of content for the game.

And i don't mean just the DLC itself. Every DLC will contain a piece of FLC. Meaning even more content.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,159Registered Users

The Pre-Order Incentive, just like Norsca. Must be a Mortal Empires exclusive Race.

What are you on.... Norsca was a Total War Warhammer 1 race just as much as any other. It wasn't a "Mortal Empires" exclusive race, no such exists.

Stop saying stupid things that aren't true.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

OdTengri said:

What are you on.... Norsca was a Total War Warhammer 1 race just as much as any other. It wasn't a "Mortal Empires" exclusive race, no such exists.

Stop saying stupid things that aren't true.
    If you do not own Warhammer 1, and pre-order Warhammer 2. Then what is Norsca?

Im talking exclusively about Warhammer 2. Is Norsca available in the Vortex? No. Where you can only play Norsca in Warhammer 2? In Mortal Empires.

Also any Race that follows the Norsca pre-order DLC method. Will only be able to be played in Mortal Empires. So in the end, it will be Mortal Empires exclusive. As i doubt CA will port that Race to Warhammer 1, specially when Warhammer 1 Races Overhauls are Part 2 exclusive patches.

You need to think before typing insults.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,159Registered Users

If you do not own Warhammer 1, and pre-order Warhammer 2. Then what is Norsca?

DLC FOR A GAME YOU DON'T OWN.

Also any Race that follows the Norsca pre-order DLC method. Will only be able to be played in Mortal Empires. So in the end, it will be Mortal Empires exclusive.

I SURE PLAYED A TONE OF NORSCA IN GAME 1 BEFORE GAME 2 LAUNCHED, IT WAS LIKE A 6 MONTH GAP.

SO YOUR WRONG AGAIN AND A LIAR.

You need to think before typing insults.

STOP SAYING STUPID THINGS THAT ARE UNTRUE. IT REFLECTS POORLY ON YOU.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• makar55makar55 Posts: 1,690Registered Users
  • WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,924Registered Users
    I probably sound like a broken record, but I don't think we can completely rule out Araby as the pre-order. They said that they have no plans for it currently and they also said that they had not gotten around to the planning stage of the pre-order yet a while before that. So until we get a definite "Araby will NEVER come" from them or it's revealed that the pre-order is something else then there is still a sliver of hope for them.

Commence with the ignorant maxims from the Imperial "Truth".
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
    Wyvax said:

I probably sound like a broken record, but I don't think we can completely rule out Araby as the pre-order. They said that they have no plans for it currently and they also said that they had not gotten around to the planning stage of the pre-order yet a while before that. So until we get a definite "Araby will NEVER come" from them or it's revealed that the pre-order is something else then there is still a sliver of hope for them.

Commence with the ignorant maxims from the Imperial "Truth".

Ignorant Maxim of Imperial Truth: Araby ain’t coming