Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

If Daemons of Chaos undivided are coming, one of the four Chaos gods are going to be DLC

SIRUNKLYDUNKSIRUNKLYDUNK Posts: 66Registered Users
edited October 18 in General Discussion
Let me start off by saying that I don't think game 3 will feature 4 chaos faction of the different Chaos gods at launch. Not only would that disappoint people who don't want to play as Chaos, it would also **** off those who bought the Warriors of Chaos DLC for their warriors to be launched for free on day 1 of game three. As such, I imagine the base game races for game 3 will feature Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev and Daemons Undivided. And before you say it, yes, Daemons Undivided is a thing. That's how they were represented in their original 8th edition army book, and they didn't get separated into god specific armies until Age of Sigmar. As such, Daemons will likely start out as one united faction, and separate god specific armies will likely come as DLC if they're coming at all.

Also, as we should all expect at this point, units from each game 3 base race will be held for DLC in the form of Lord Packs. This means that it's highly likely that at least one god in game 3 will be represented in the form of a themed lord pack round them. This will probably disappoint the fans of said god or gods, but that's most likely what's going to happen, as only 2 Legendary Lords will be available for them at launch, meaning only two gods will have representatives in the form of Legendary Lords (and this is assuming Be'lakor isn't one of them.)

Given how much N'kari has been pushed in the teases in game 2, I think Slaanesh is safe. It'd be silly to not have Slaanesh full roster if the strongest Keeper of Secrets is going to play a massive role in the next game's story. I also think Tzeentch is a bit safe since Lords of Change are currently the only Greater Daemon in the game right now. Worse case scenario, Kairos Fateweaver might be a FLC lord since he would be relatively cheap to make given they have the current Lord of Change model to base him on. That leaves Khorne and Nurgle and, well, since Khorne is the more iconic and impactful of the two, I think Nurgle will be the DLC theme. His aesthetic is popular enough with fans and would make a great theme for a DLC with Kislev. No matter what happens, I don't think we should be surprised if fans of one god need to pay a bit extra to represent them in the game.

Comments

• SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,220Registered Users
    I still think that CA could do both:
    4 chaos LL for each god 1 and Chaos dwarfs and Orges.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • RiskafishRiskafish Posts: 349Registered Users
    I am actually starting to think that Daemons might be a DLC for the simple reason that people are going to be mad if they don't get 4 lords at launch (one for each god). If they release them like a base game faction in game 2, then they would only start with 2:(.
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 1,475Registered Users
    God aligned unit rosters are extremely thin. If all 4 gods are represented at start, nothing is left for potential LPs.

I think we will get 2 gods at start 1 LL each and the other 2 gods will come as a LP.

Slaanesh as core is nearly safe.
  • Ungrol_FourHornUngrol_FourHorn Posts: 136Registered Users
    If they choose to go divided, they wouldn't have to launch with all of the Gods, they could launch with just Khorne, or just Khorne and Tzeentch, with Slaanesh and Nurgle being added later as DLC.

My main problem with Chaos Undivided is the Warriors of Chaos are already Chaos Undivided, so were going to have multiple Undivided factions?

At the very least, if we launch with a DoC undivided roster, on the campaign map they will still be separated into each god, with penalties for using the rival god's units, and bonuses for using their own.
    edited October 18
    ArneSo said:

God aligned unit rosters are extremely thin. If all 4 gods are represented at start, nothing is left for potential LPs.

I think we will get 2 gods at start 1 LL each and the other 2 gods will come as a LP.

Slaanesh as core is nearly safe.

I pretty much disagree with everything.

God aligned unit rosters need some inventions here and there but in my mind, a major mechanic of DoC should be the fight to unit chaos so you can use all DoC units freely.

And there are plenty of characters left.

Hell they could do the the 5th and 6th chaos gods...

unit-wise I think forgeworld would love to help out.

Also that Slaanesh of all things is nearly safe is a interesting though.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,091Registered Users
    I think you need to revise your title a bit I'm afraid...

But yes this seems like a fair assessment, at least 1 of the gods will have a decent chunk of its roster missing, and perhaps 1 of the others may be missing a couple of bits and bobs too.
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Posts: 2,821Registered Users
    We're getting two rounds of Lord Packs in WH2, it wouldn't surprise me if the same happens in WH3. That way you could, at a minimum, get a LL for each chaos god and then maybe Bel'akor as an undivided Daemon.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 3,007Registered Users

We're getting two rounds of Lord Packs in WH2, it wouldn't surprise me if the same happens in WH3. That way you could, at a minimum, get a LL for each chaos god and then maybe Bel'akor as an undivided Daemon.

Wouldn't be surprised if it goes further than that. Once three is around there isn't any other big title and if people are buying then why not?
    Nyxilis said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it goes further than that. Once three is around there isn't any other big title and if people are buying then why not?
    also the fact that it is kinda difficult to do race packs/"campaign packs" for Wh3 and LP are kidna what is left unless you want to go ind/chathy obscure.

And the map that onces leaked strongly spooked against it.
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Posts: 933Registered Users
    DoC undivided, WoC undivided and Host of Chaos with 4 god aligned subfactions. So we get pimped up WoC and pure demon devided roster is too small.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,422Registered Users
    I agree.

I see no reason for CA to treat DoC differently to any other race.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 4,513Registered Users
    It's going to be Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh and Nagash, with Kislev pre-order, DoC FLC and Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms DLC.

**** the bird.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 834Registered Users
    My prediction is 2 Chaos Mono gods at MOST. the rest are DLC, it would be suicide to have more than one Chaos faction.

For people who don't like chaos which are most people, it would make sense if it was Chaos monogod, Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms and Kislev and the rest of 3 Chaos monogods sold in one Chaos DLC that way people who like them can enjoy them on one go, while people who don't care for them can dodge that DLC like me.

Also having three separate Chaos monogods factions DLC's would be considered horrible decision too.

Also i made previous discussions A Daemon of Chaos only faction most likely would be Hordeish, and it doesn't make sense. most likely we will see 4 Chaos Monogod factions whit their respective daemon whit human followers.
    Wow, all the big forums players i respect are here Draculasaurus, SiWI. Crossil, Vanilla Gorilla, Nyxilis and Goatforce. haha this Post will have lotssss of comments.
  • SIRUNKLYDUNKSIRUNKLYDUNK Posts: 66Registered Users
    Crossil said:

It's going to be Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh and Nagash, with Kislev pre-order, DoC FLC and Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms DLC.

**** the bird.

That would be a very bad idea on CA’s part. Why would Tzeentch not be in the game if all the other gods have their own rosters? Pre order will likely be a lord pack for game 2 and we need to diversify the base game roster to more than just more Chaos and Undead factions.
  • KaffeemannKaffeemann Posts: 87Registered Users
    Where does the notion come from that the Daemons will be split up into multiple factions? I can't think of any good reason.

Where does the notion come from that the Daemons will be split up into multiple factions? I can't think of any good reason.

Me neither.

There's this quaint idea that they'll be done as Monogods. Realistically that'd only hurt the bottom line and be a disservice to Demons of Chaos, it's not happening.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • SIRUNKLYDUNKSIRUNKLYDUNK Posts: 66Registered Users

Basically demons would be teamed up with warriors of chaos and beastmen marked by their specific god to make unique rosters around them.

Khorne would be offense oriented with easy access to Frenzy and high attack stats but no magic and limited defensive stats

Nurgle would be slow as balls but be tanks and have easy access to regen.

Tzeentch would be the magic focus with the most ranges dos but be the weakest in close combat

And Slaanesh would be fast with a **** ton of AP but be very squishy
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 4,513Registered Users

Crossil said:

**** the bird.

That would be a very bad idea on CA’s part. Why would Tzeentch not be in the game if all the other gods have their own rosters? Pre order will likely be a lord pack for game 2 and we need to diversify the base game roster to more than just more Chaos and Undead factions.
    Birds suck. The bird nerd does as well. Who needs the mollusc when we have Papa Nurgle.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • KaffeemannKaffeemann Posts: 87Registered Users

Basically demons would be teamed up with warriors of chaos and beastmen marked by their specific god to make unique rosters around them.

Khorne would be offense oriented with easy access to Frenzy and high attack stats but no magic and limited defensive stats

Tzeentch would be the magic focus with the most ranges dos but be the weakest in close combat

Those would be very one-dimensional armies, not sure why anyone would want that.
    It also wouldn't make much sense to have mortals and daemons in one faction because they function differently.
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 3,037Registered Users
    edited October 18
    Nope it'll be monogods.
    Anything else is stupid and CA knows it.
    However, CA are smart which is why they'll do as originally planned in the datamine which has only had additions to it. Each as their own race. :)

Whether all 4 races at once or a race at a time monos will come.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game

"Basically demons would be teamed up with warriors of chaos and beastmen marked by their specific god" A well if its like that then, yes it does make sense.

So what about Beastmen? they are already the most lackluster race in WH.

Those would be very one-dimensional armies, not sure why anyone would want that.
    It also wouldn't make much sense to have mortals and daemons in one faction because they function differently.
    One dimensional in what sense? more one dimensional is having a separate Daemon army. i can bet it will be Horde like.

The way he mention it would make lots of sense, also each would have different units i think this is the way to go.
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Posts: 2,278Registered Users
    I feel it would be a waste of potential IMO.

If we get Monogods, we get all the Daemonic LLs we want. We get actual Greater Daemon LLs and Lords, which is what many people want.

I still believe that Russian Dataleak back during Warhammer 1, is accurate. The main goal remains the CA, CA has just added additional stuff to improve the game and perhaps one final Map Expansion for Warhammer 3.

But Monogods just work much better IMO.

Allows you to build God Specific armies. And most importantly gives us the Greater Daemons on its entirety.

Also it is the best option for DLC. As it allows CA to create more than 2 pieces of Race DLC.

We can get 4 or even 5 Race DLC with Monogods.

Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs would be the first 2 proper DLC. And from then on we can tackle stuff that GW dropped or that never got an Army Book.

Because they all share the same theme and rosters (With the DoC and couple of Mono specific units changing) they'd all play the same and feel the same. It's four variations on Chaos rather than being four distinct playstyles.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,124Registered Users

Nope it'll be monogods.
    However, CA are smart which is why they'll do as originally planned in the datamine which has only had additions to it. Each as their own race. :)

They've specifically said they are doing DoC Undivided as a race like from their Army Book.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

OdTengri said:

Nope it'll be monogods.

They've specifically said they are doing DoC Undivided as a race like from their Army Book.
    Nope, Wrong.
    And that's false.
    Otherwise Quote it :)

Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Let the Games Begin!
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 1,645Registered Users

OdTengri said:

Nope it'll be monogods.

Nope, Wrong.
    And that's false.
    They really did say that actually.
    edited October 18
    neodeinos said:

OdTengri said:

Nope it'll be monogods.

Nope, Wrong.
    And that's false.
    They really did say that actually.
    Then provide a quote. :)
    No where did they specifically say "We are doing DoC Undivided as a race like from their Army Book."

Cause monogods gonna happen :)

Let the Games Begin!