Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

If Daemons of Chaos undivided are coming, one of the four Chaos gods are going to be DLC

Comments

• neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 1,602Registered Users

neodeinos said:

OdTengri said:

Nope it'll be monogods.
    Anything else is stupid and CA knows it.
    However, CA are smart which is why they'll do as originally planned in the datamine which has only had additions to it. Each as their own race. :)

Whether all 4 races at once or a race at a time monos will come.

They've specifically said they are doing DoC Undivided as a race like from their Army Book.
    Nope, Wrong.
    And that's false.
    Otherwise Quote it :)
    They really did say that actually.
    Then provide a quote. :)
    No where did they specifically say "We are doing DoC Undivided as a race like from their Army Book."

Cause monogods gonna happen :)
    You do realise it's a pain in the ass to find a quote when they have absolutely no tracker for their messages.
  • RiskafishRiskafish Posts: 319Registered Users
    CA have always added the largest land owning races first so why would they add monogods over Chaos Dwarves or Ogre Kingdoms? It goes against the formula they used for the last two games xD.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,344Registered Users
    I wouldn't bother.

Where does the notion come from that the Daemons will be split up into multiple factions? I can't think of any good reason.

Basically demons would be teamed up with warriors of chaos and beastmen marked by their specific god to make unique rosters around them.

Khorne would be offense oriented with easy access to Frenzy and high attack stats but no magic and limited defensive stats

Nurgle would be slow as balls but be tanks and have easy access to regen.

Tzeentch would be the magic focus with the most ranges dos but be the weakest in close combat

And Slaanesh would be fast with a **** ton of AP but be very squishy
    Those would be very one-dimensional armies, not sure why anyone would want that.
    It also wouldn't make much sense to have mortals and daemons in one faction because they function differently.
    One dimensional in what sense? more one dimensional is having a separate Daemon army. i can bet it will be Horde like.

The way he mention it would make lots of sense, also each would have different units i think this is the way to go.
    First in response to @SIRUNKLYDUNK Nurgle is not slow. Plaguebearers had a speed of 4 -equivalent to other infantry- and Nurgle had flyers. Slow is a false characterization. What nurgle was, was tough and tanky. Speed wise they're average.

Now in response to you. The one dimensional aspect is described above. Demons of Chaos was designed around the 4 gods working together. Each occupies a niche and they're complimentary to each other. Obviously if you take those 4 and separate them they'll have 1/4th as many "dimensions" as the DoC army book. By focusing on one dimension only by definition they are one dimensional.

Look at a Chaos Warrior of different colours for example. Each variant is going to be tough and heavily armoured (It's a Chaos Warrior after all), the green one will be tougher, the red one will be attackier, the green one will be tankier, the purple one will be faster. There's not much variation there even when expanding the source material. On the TT each god gave a small buff. Emphasis on the word small. Units would still act as usual, they'd just be a little better at x, y, c, or b. If we expand that to such a high degree that they're actually significantly different it's simply making new units. It's no different to say inventing a roster for Cathay.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,141Registered Users
    The best way to implement the 4 Chaos Gods is:

Theory n.1:

• pre-order monogod (Slaanesh).

• 1 Core Monogod (Nurgle or Khorne or Tzeentch) + other 3-4 Core Races.

• The remaining 2 Monogods as Campaign Packs.

Theory n.2:

• 2 Core Monogods (Slaanesh + Khorne or Nurgle or Tzeentch) + 2-3 other races.

. . . In this way we're going to get the fully fledged 4 Chaos Gods' rosters. Daemons + Mortals (example: Putrid Blightkings, Wrathmongers) + aligned Beastmen (example: Khorngors, Slaangors). . . and 4 LL for each God.

Because a single DoC race means wasting the 80% of the 4 Chaos Gods rosters potential and Great Game. Let alone that, with a single DoC united race, we'll NEVER see aligned mortals nor beastmen. Only daemons. . . an incomplete roster of daemons tho.

Beastmen: where is the love?

• GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 3,035Registered Users
    edited October 19
    Ludbone said:

Theory n.1:

Theory n.2:

. . . In this way we're going to get the fully fledged 4 Chaos Gods' rosters. Daemons + Mortals (example: Putrid Blightkings, Wrathmongers) + aligned Beastmen (example: Khorngors, Slaangors). . . and 4 LL for each God.

Because a single DoC race means wasting the 80% of the 4 Chaos Gods rosters potential and Great Game. Let alone that, with a single DoC united race, we'll NEVER see aligned mortals nor beastmen. Only daemons. . . an incomplete roster of daemons tho.

Yep. These are the ideal scenarios cause everybody wins :)
    No mishmash thankfully.
    Like I said, whether one at a time or all 4 at once it monogods will happen.
    Especially when you factor in the datamine, epilogues teasers and hints. It's been obvious for a long time.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
    neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

OdTengri said:

Nope it'll be monogods.
    However, CA are smart which is why they'll do as originally planned in the datamine which has only had additions to it. Each as their own race. :)

They've specifically said they are doing DoC Undivided as a race like from their Army Book.
    Nope, Wrong.
    And that's false.
    No where did they specifically say "We are doing DoC Undivided as a race like from their Army Book."

You do realise it's a pain in the ass to find a quote when they have absolutely no tracker for their messages.
    Don't worry about it. That's a well known quote.

Thankfully we'll get too see DoC in its full glory. Question is which god/s are LP DLC.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,047Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Side conversation removed. Please stick to the topic and avoid bickering.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,911Registered Users
    Here's my theory on what will happen.

Core LLs will be Skarbrand and N'kari, FLC will be Kairos Fateweaver and Ku'Gath Plaguefather will feature in a LP against Kislev while Be'lakor is in a crossover LP.

N'Kari is teased twice in Vortex epilogues, so it's a strong contender that he,sheit will be a central figure in the game three campaign from the beginning. Of the others, Skarbrand leading a Khornate faction of daemons makes most sense as a starter for two reasons. First, Khorne has a rivalry with Slaanesh so beginning together with N'Kari facilitates that, and secondly and more importantly, Khorne's theme is the most traditional and iconic stereotype of demons in popular culture, with hellfire, horns and blood red and charred black color schemes, similar to DOOM, the Balrog of Morgoth and medieval depictions of Satan. Coupled with the stereotype of succubi and carnality offered by Slaanesh's theme it makes for the safest draw for the market. Fateweaver I'm convinced will be FLC because we've already got the model for Lords of Change in game, so he's the easiest to FLC up. Nurgle has a really big following and some of the more exotic units such as flying cavalry, so including him in a classic LP is safe bet on there part. Plust lately they've been tying FLCs in with DLCs, such as with Gor-Rok and Lokhir Fellheart, so a Tzeentch flc being involved with a Nurgle DLC sounds likely.

It's worth noting that with the advent of cross over DLCs and the new bar of LLs being set at six with the latest LP, I think it's highly likely that we'll see even more characters added to the DoC as well as the WoC and BM. I've brought this idea up before, but if they want to implement the option for players to play a monogod army, as well as expand BM and WoC, they can do this via packs that add LLs and units missing from the three factions. These would let you play as a god themed, mixed host of Chaos, but also back port missing units to their original rosters if already owned. So I own Call of the Beastmen and have purchased the Khorne monogod pack for game three, well in addition to playing the monogod faction, I can also now play a traditional BM campaign with brand new Taurox, Doombulls, Ghorgons and Khorngors to boot.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
    @Wyvax Good job proving a point that's been proven for a long time. Myself I feel no need to go over that one.
    Wyvax said:

Here's my theory on what will happen.

Core LLs will be Skarbrand and N'kari, FLC will be Kairos Fateweaver and Ku'Gath Plaguefather will feature in a LP against Kislev while Be'lakor is in a crossover LP.

N'Kari is teased twice in Vortex epilogues, so it's a strong contender that he,sheit will be a central figure in the game three campaign from the beginning. Of the others, Skarbrand leading a Khornate faction of daemons makes most sense as a starter for two reasons. First, Khorne has a rivalry with Slaanesh so beginning together with N'Kari facilitates that, and secondly and more importantly, Khorne's theme is the most traditional and iconic stereotype of demons in popular culture, with hellfire, horns and blood red and charred black color schemes, similar to DOOM, the Balrog of Morgoth and medieval depictions of Satan. Coupled with the stereotype of succubi and carnality offered by Slaanesh's theme it makes for the safest draw for the market. Fateweaver I'm convinced will be FLC because we've already got the model for Lords of Change in game, so he's the easiest to FLC up. Nurgle has a really big following and some of the more exotic units such as flying cavalry, so including him in a classic LP is safe bet on there part. Plust lately they've been tying FLCs in with DLCs, such as with Gor-Rok and Lokhir Fellheart, so a Tzeentch flc being involved with a Nurgle DLC sounds likely.

It's worth noting that with the advent of cross over DLCs and the new bar of LLs being set at six with the latest LP, I think it's highly likely that we'll see even more characters added to the DoC as well as the WoC and BM. I've brought this idea up before, but if they want to implement the option for players to play a monogod army, as well as expand BM and WoC, they can do this via packs that add LLs and units missing from the three factions. These would let you play as a god themed, mixed host of Chaos, but also back port missing units to their original rosters if already owned. So I own Call of the Beastmen and have purchased the Khorne monogod pack for game three, well in addition to playing the monogod faction, I can also now play a traditional BM campaign with brand new Taurox, Doombulls, Ghorgons and Khorngors to boot.

You're right on the money here. Though Be'lakor as a core LL makes a lot of sense. He's DoC Vanilla. No buffs or nerfs, easy.

I'd have monos be around 20 units. 12 BM and WoC units plus DoC units, any mono specific units and 1 big thing. Implemented as you say.

It'd be by far the best way to update BM and WoC.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,632Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Deleted posts containing inappropriate and/or derogatory remarks, including those quoting with a response.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 5,796Registered Users
    One observation I'd note is that the references to N'Kari might not actually be an indication that N'Kari will play a major role in game 3's campaign, and might instead be used as an explanation for why N'Kari is not playing a major role (since N'Kari is stirring the pot further west rather than taking part in whatever game 3 focuses on).
    Riskafish said:

I am actually starting to think that Daemons might be a DLC for the simple reason that people are going to be mad if they don't get 4 lords at launch (one for each god). If they release them like a base game faction in game 2, then they would only start with 2:(.

Skaven don't have all four Great Clans represented and may never have. Granted, Chaos fandom is stronger than Skaven fandom, but most if not all races have aspects that aren't represented by LLs now, let alone on initial release.

I suspect Be'lakor will be one of the initial lords in order to ensure that whichever side of demons you prefer you at least won't get penalised for using them, there'll be one more, and others will come later.
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 1,381Registered Users
    edited October 19
    No diversity, no buy.
    Means Monogods at start, no buy.

Monogods would be the same like a game only including the main Skaven Clans. Would be boring as f***.

Another question to the Monogods followers, which race will populate the dark Lands and the Mountains of Mourn? Placeholders from older games? So I should buy a game for 60€ only to get a map where 90% is populated by races I already fought to death for years?
    Seems like a good strategy to me /s 😂
  • LabriaLabria Posts: 501Registered Users
    ArneSo said:

No diversity, no buy.
    Means Monogods at start, no buy.

Monogods would be the same like a game only including the main Skaven Clans. Would be boring as f***.

Another question to the Monogods followers, which race will populate the dark Lands and the Mountains of Mourn? Placeholders from older games? So I should buy a game for 60€ only to get a map where 90% is populated by races I already fought to death for years?
    Seems like a good strategy to me /s 😂

Yes, four chaos core races will be just fiasco. Nobody except chaos fanatic will buy this game for full prices. There are people who are not fans of chaos. We need four different races for game 3, two good/neutral and two bad.

This is just perfect for successful game:
    Kislev vs Daemons of Chaos
    Ogre Kingdoms vs Chaos Dwarfs
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Posts: 339Registered Users
    Ludbone said:

Theory n.1:

Theory n.2:

Yes, this is actually the best solution for the Third Game.

Core Races: something like this :

• Slaanesh (lorewise important. N'kari quotes in several epilogues)

• Kislev

• Ogre Kingdoms

• Legion of Nagash (as Bretonnia in the First Game)

• Khorne (pre-order. Present in as NPC race even if you don't buy it)

• Chaos Dwarfs

------- DLC races:

• Dogs of War
    • Nurgle
    • Tzeentch
    • Cathay

Team Monogods - Team Nurgle

• LabriaLabria Posts: 501Registered Users
    edited October 19

Ludbone said:

Theory n.1:

Theory n.2:

Yes, this is actually the best solution for the Third Game.

Core Races: something like this :

• Slaanesh (lorewise important. N'kari quotes in several epilogues)

• Kislev

• Ogre Kingdoms

• Legion of Nagash (as Bretonnia in the First Game)

• Khorne (pre-order. Present in as NPC race even if you don't buy it)

• Chaos Dwarfs

------- DLC races:

• Dogs of War
    • Nurgle
    • Tzeentch
    • Cathay

Sure, this can work except Legion of Nagash and Cathay. i just prefer Khorne for core race. He has the greatest potential.

Why we need Legion of Nagash? This is just mix of Tomb Kings and Vampire Count units. They bring nothing to the game. This is like make one big Elves race with mix of Dark Elves, High Elves and Wood Elves units. Nagash don't need own race. He can be just special mechanic for undead races like Gotrek and Felix or Lord Kroak.

Cathay is just an unrealistic dream withnout any oficial roster. Even Clan Moulder, Cult of Ulric/Middeland or Hobgoblin Khanate have bigger chance to be in game. :D
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 834Registered Users

I feel it would be a waste of potential IMO.

If we get Monogods, we get all the Daemonic LLs we want. We get actual Greater Daemon LLs and Lords, which is what many people want.

I still believe that Russian Dataleak back during Warhammer 1, is accurate. The main goal remains the CA, CA has just added additional stuff to improve the game and perhaps one final Map Expansion for Warhammer 3.

But Monogods just work much better IMO.

Allows you to build God Specific armies. And most importantly gives us the Greater Daemons on its entirety.

Also it is the best option for DLC. As it allows CA to create more than 2 pieces of Race DLC.

We can get 4 or even 5 Race DLC with Monogods.

Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs would be the first 2 proper DLC. And from then on we can tackle stuff that GW dropped or that never got an Army Book.

I keep saying it doesn't make any MARKETING sense..... i will not buy a game whit factions i have no interest in playing. especially 5 of them. The DLC that i regret of buying was Chaos Warriors and Vampire Coast, Vampirates were at least a bit fun, but Chaos? i never even finished a campaign whit them. many of us don't care for chaos i would say half or more, not let say each Chaos DLC is 10$-20$ and let say 3 of them are DLC thats's 30$-60$ now multiply that whit half of the Fanbase.... that's a lot of money lost.

Many like me are disappointed we are not getting some different faction like Araby, Southern Realm etc but we are getting 5 chaos Factions? and who know how many Undead factions? Warhammer its not only Undead and Chaos.
    neodeinos said:

OdTengri said:

Nope it'll be monogods.

Nope, Wrong.
    And that's false.
    They didn't like that, they said in general they would do all of 8th edition main armies. they never specified DoC. also we need to hold that whit a grain of salt. Norsca and Vampire Coast are not even on plans Vampirates were a sub faction whit a tiny armylist.

neodeinos said:

OdTengri said:

Nope it'll be monogods.

Nope, Wrong.
    And that's false.
    They didn't like that, they said in general they would do all of 8th edition main armies. they never specified DoC. also we need to hold that whit a grain of salt. Norsca and Vampire Coast are not even on plans Vampirates were a sub faction whit a tiny armylist.
    Pretty sure they specifically said DoC will be like their army book.
    edited October 19
    neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

OdTengri said:

Nope it'll be monogods.

Nope, Wrong.
    And that's false.
    Nope. never saw it. they said they would make 8th edition armies, they never specified DoC. so it means it could be or won't be.
    Post edited by Unknown6203 on

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

OdTengri said:

Nope it'll be monogods.

Nope, Wrong.
    And that's false.
    Nope. never saw it. they said they would make 8th edition armies, they never specified DoC. so ti means it could be or count be.
    If they're making every 8th edition army books then it means they will do DoC separately and not do monogods as they had their own army book.
    edited October 19

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

OdTengri said:

Nope it'll be monogods.

Nope, Wrong.
    And that's false.
    Nope. never saw it. they said they would make 8th edition armies, they never specified DoC. so ti means it could be or count be.
    Yep. Common knowledge that wasn't said.

Good on you for helping to educate on that.
    Especially since that never existed.

Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Let the Games Begin!
    edited October 19
    neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

OdTengri said:

Nope it'll be monogods.

Nope, Wrong.
    And that's false.

You do realize that if you're gonna keep claiming a quote then you'll eventually need to provide it.

It isn't complicated. Either find the quote or don't keep going on about it.

Let the Games Begin!
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Posts: 695Registered Users
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.
    Cortes31 said:
    Yep. That's the one.

@Unknown6203 This is a well known quote. Been posted countless times over the last few years. So well known that there's zero need to post it.

You are right though that Mono cores don't work from a marketing perspective. Hence why they're unlikely to come unless CA hates money.
    Cortes31 said:
    Thanks for trying to help there. :)
    We've already seen that though.

According to them, they claimed They had specifically said
    "They are doing DoC Undivided as a race like from their Army Book."

However, that never specifies DoC undivided anywhere.

Let the Games Begin!
  • AsamuAsamu Posts: 580Registered Users

Nope it'll be monogods.

More likely they'll do both, with 1-2 legendary lords (probably a mortal LL) for each Monogod faction as well as an undivided roster with the many of the daemon LLs and Be'lakor; the only LL greater daemon I could see being in a monogod faction instead would be N'kari; maybe Ku'gath.

A number of the monogod factions will probably be added in lord packs and FLC lords; there are enough mortal lords to support at least 1 or 2 per Chaos faction, with Archaon and Kholek leading the main undivided WoC faction.

They'll probably move Sigvald to a Slaanesh monogod faction for campaign in WH3, or introduce some new lords, since Slaanesh is lacking on named characters.

neodeinos said:

OdTengri said:

Nope it'll be monogods.

Nope, Wrong.
    And that's false.

Found this image of the quote in one of @Red_Dox 's posts from a while back.

Monogod factions can still happen even if Daemons of chaos get an undivided roster like they had in TT, and I still expect them to. All this means is that the TT Daemons of chaos army will exist entirely separate from a Warriors of chaos faction.
    edited October 19

Cortes31 said:
    Yep. That's the one.

@Unknown6203 This is a well known quote. Been posted countless times over the last few years. So well known that there's zero need to post it.

You are right though that Mono cores don't work from a marketing perspective. Hence why they're unlikely to come unless CA hates money.
    They claimed they had CA specifically saying
    "We are doing DoC Undivided as a race like from their Army Book."
    That and the quote provided are not the same.
    Nowhere does it specify DoC Undivided.

It isn't difficult to understand.
    Then again you claim its so well known and still failed to understand that. :lol:

Let the Games Begin!
    edited October 19
    Asamu said:

Nope it'll be monogods.

More likely they'll do both, with 1-2 legendary lords (probably a mortal LL) for each Monogod faction as well as an undivided roster with the many of the daemon LLs and Be'lakor; the only LL greater daemon I could see being in a monogod faction instead would be N'kari; maybe Ku'gath.

A number of the monogod factions will probably be added in lord packs and FLC lords; there are enough mortal lords to support at least 1 or 2 per Chaos faction, with Archaon and Kholek leading the main undivided WoC faction.

They'll probably move Sigvald to a Slaanesh monogod faction for campaign in WH3, or introduce some new lords, since Slaanesh is lacking on named characters.

neodeinos said:

OdTengri said:

Nope it'll be monogods.

Nope, Wrong.
    And that's false.

Found this image of the quote in one of @Red_Dox 's posts from a while back.

Monogod factions can still happen even if Daemons of chaos get an undivided roster like they had in TT, and I still expect them to. All this means is that the TT Daemons of chaos army will exist entirely separate from a Warriors of chaos faction.

The thing is they said they had a quote specifically saying
    Which they could not provide.

The one you provided however never mentions DoC Undivided at all.

True it could happen anyways.
    Although I prefer the way that's shown in Ludbone's post.
    Each as their own race, and the same amount of legendary lords that even vampire coast were allowed.

That way everyone is happy :)

Let the Games Begin!
    @Asamu

The thing is they said they had a quote specifically saying
    Which they could not provide.

The one you provided however never mentions DoC Undivided at all.

True it could happen anyways. However if even vampire coast got 4 legendary lords so should they.
    Although I prefer the way that's shown in Ludbone's post.

That way everyone is happy :)

Let the Games Begin!
    Never said the quote was about undivided Chaos though, maybe you're the one failing to understand here. The quote just says DoC will be their own factions and they ain't doing the monogods.