Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Dark Elves LL's Location problem

Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 834Registered Users
edited October 19 in General Discussion
Ok, so there seem to be a problem whit Dark Elves... they have 4 lords and in lore the remaining that are left that are not Hero's all are in Naggaroth, except for the one in Lustria. hence the problem Dark Elves Campaigns is that 80-100 turns is a Dark Elves Civil War then move to the invasion on Ulthuan then is just cakewalk from there on.

Let say its Rakarth or Malus both are located there hence their campaign will be the same as the other 3 factions that are there.

Also Naggaroth is very bland on it's enemies there only few Skaven, Norsca. and some squatter like HE and Tomb Kings.

So forums members were OUTSIDE of Naggroth would you place X lord? also if you know any lore as to make X Lord be on X place please mention it.

BTW i think Dark Elves due to their unique problem will stay whit 5 Lords.

DISCLAIMER- don't talk about this on the discussions this is just a note.R
I suggest in the spirit of community do like i do if you got your idea from another forum member (like i did whit Labria, Reghist, etc) tell it in your discussions or share the link where you got it from.
Post edited by Canuovea on

Comments

• CrossilCrossil Posts: 4,492Registered Users
    Rakarth seems pretty easy to cart off somewhere. He's a beastlord that doesn't technically rule a city in Naggaroth. Malus would be ruling Hag Graef I think but I don't see this as much of a problem. Tullaris can also be taken anywhere.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Posts: 402Registered Users
    I don't particularly like the Dark Elves very much, but a game 3 start on the southern coast of the Dark Lands would be cool.

If it has to be game 2, maybe in one of the ports in the Badlands? Hopefully the region gets a few more settlements and some more Skaven and Greenskin factions added in. It would make for a very different start from what they currently have.

Also, if Malus comes, I'm pretty sure he'll start on Ulthuan. Seems to be the consensus among folks.
  • RikisRikis Posts: 1,146Registered Users
    They can Bend the lore to put them anywhere if you ask me. I would want a start right on Ulthuan and one in the Southland jungles.

Personally, Malus on Ulthuan being sent on a suicide mission and Rakath in the Southlands, hunting a new monstrous beast he heard about.

Just my thoughts.
  • Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 834Registered Users
    Crossil said:

Rakarth seems pretty easy to cart off somewhere. He's a beastlord that doesn't technically rule a city in Naggaroth. Malus would be ruling Hag Graef I think but I don't see this as much of a problem. Tullaris can also be taken anywhere.

Nice, good. but where would you locate him that makes sense lorewise and whit ME map?

I don't particularly like the Dark Elves very much, but a game 3 start on the southern coast of the Dark Lands would be cool.

If it has to be game 2, maybe in one of the ports in the Badlands? Hopefully the region gets a few more settlements and some more Skaven and Greenskin factions added in. It would make for a very different start from what they currently have.

Also, if Malus comes, I'm pretty sure he'll start on Ulthuan. Seems to be the consensus among folks.

good idea i agree makes sense.
    Rikis said:

They can Bend the lore to put them anywhere if you ask me. I would want a start right on Ulthuan and one in the Southland jungles.

Personally, Malus on Ulthuan being sent on a suicide mission and Rakath in the Southlands, hunting a new monstrous beast he heard about.

Just my thoughts.

Dude sweet idea, really liked the Rakarth i would loveeeeeee for Dark Elves to Start in Southlands would be a very different campaign.

Now that i think about it Rakarth Vs Wulfhard made more sense, one captures beast one hunts them.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 6,497Registered Users
    Lets just agree that none need to go on the continent of Naggaroth. This dreary hellscape.

But yeah put them anywhere. Better yet wait for the TWW3 map and place them somewhere in those new settings. I wouldn’t begrudge the Delfs some more interesting starting positions after the deals they’ve currently got.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition

good idea i agree makes sense.
    edited October 18
    RikRiorik said:

Lets just agree that none need to go on the continent of Naggaroth. This dreary hellscape.

But yeah put them anywhere. Better yet wait for the TWW3 map and place them somewhere in those new settings. I wouldn’t begrudge the Delfs some more interesting starting positions after the deals they’ve currently got.

I was just thinking that, leave on lord for WH3 i would like to see some DArk Elves on the badlands. but where would you place them?

Lol, yeah man Naggaroth starting locations suck.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,124Registered Users
    I would have started Crone Helabron on Ulthan
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,143Registered Users
    edited October 18
    Pretty sure Malus can be placed everywhere thanks to his "Tz'arkan Artifacts" quest.

He can even start in Bretonnia since he used to be a slaver. He was pretty good at capturing and torturing brets.

Then we have Markus as a clear example.

Beastmen: where is the love?

• ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,541Registered Users
    I don't particularly want a Malus start on Ulthuan, but a faction called the Scourge of Khaine being there already when that's a term closely affiliated with him..? Be a remarkable coincidence.

Rakarth can be anywhere, say he's off in some God-forsaken part of Lustria looking for a rare beastie to tame.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Posts: 948Registered Users
    I don't think dark elves have this problem any more than other races. Most of the races are based around a single area in lore, but that has not prevented CA from putting lords everywhere. Malus is known for travelling around, Rakarth has good reason to, Tullaris even has a canon campaign in Nehekara. Even the ones that aren't specifically know to travel could easily be elsewhere, sent on some mission or whatnot.

As the worlds second naval power, and with the gates to the underworld sea the dark elves can reach out to anywhere quite easily.
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 1,436Registered Users
    We need one DE LL starting in Ulthuan. HE are always steamrolling. HE have one LL in Naggaroth so DE need one in Ulthuan.
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 4,492Registered Users
    Well since we're assuming they'll be thrown somewhere it should be noted that none are connected to nowhere outside of Naggaroth so we should just look at places that generally fit DE LLs.

Blood hall off western Lustrian coast is one place.

Northern Ulthuan for an Ulthuan start, although I personally don't see that as much more interesting than Hellebron's campaign as she is pretty much railroaded into Ulthuan early on.

Southlands? Dunno, maybe the beast hunting part could justify that place, it's really the only continent without any strong DE hooks.

Otherwise they could go to northern chaos wastes/Norsca. DE do have a tendency to raid in the Sea of Chaos.

I, however, am not entirely convinced that another Naggaroth start would necessarily be bad.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,393Registered Users
    Generic really should be in game 3's map. Until then place him anywhere.

As for Rakarth probably the same continent as Throt so they've got a good chance of duking it out.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Posts: 2,277Registered Users
    Rakarth won't start in Clar Karond, that one is certain.

Considering how empty that particular area in the Vortex Map is. He could start in the Southlands.

And we really lack any Dark Elves prescience there.

Then again the Southlands in the Vortex need some major tweaking as a whole. Incredibly huge provinces that are incredibly empty. CA can definitely add a couple more provinces in the Southlands no problem.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Posts: 4,106Registered Users
    Malus is gonna be in ulthuan as the scourge of khaine. Not sure if one LL will help, but it makes a lot of sense given Lothern is on one end of ulthuan and the scourge is on the other.
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 1,015Registered Users
    Id personally like Tullaris Dreadbringer even tho his a hero. The area of blood hall coven would be the best place in lustria tho I honestly want to see the other LP LLs sent to the other areas like southlands or Ulthuan. Malus is a traveller tho so could start anywhere and Rakarth could easily be placed anywhere where he can hunt new beasts

• Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 902Registered Users
    Just a suggestion. I know English probably isn't your first language but can you please try to proofread your posts before posting? Write your posts in google translator and then post it here. Myself and others always find your posts extremely difficult to read.

Anyways, to answer your question, I could see Malus starting in Ulthuan or maybe even the Chaos Wastes up north.

• RiskafishRiskafish Posts: 331Registered Users
    Mallus is begging to be put in Nargaryth near the Shrine of Khaine. Adding a lord in the jungles of the southlands would give Dark Elves a start position on all 4 landmasses of the vortex map.
  • LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,143Registered Users
    Shouldn't Generic Genericlord start in Brokeback Mountain?

Basing on his lore. . .

Beastmen: where is the love?

• LordTorquemadoLordTorquemado Posts: 1,130Registered Users
    Malus in Ulthuan.

Kouran in Naggarond with Malekith, or in a special mission somewhere. The same with Tullaris.

About Rakarth, I couldn't care less.
    "You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here, no mercy. Naggarond has claimed the souls of better heroes than you."
  • BorealBoreal Posts: 175Registered Users
    Seldkam said:

Malus is gonna be in ulthuan as the scourge of khaine. Not sure if one LL will help, but it makes a lot of sense given Lothern is on one end of ulthuan and the scourge is on the other.

Scourge of Khaine is the faction that the ever queen starts at war with, they won't make that faction malus' one.
    Boreal said:

Seldkam said:

Scourge of Khaine is the faction that the ever queen starts at war with, they won't make that faction malus' one.
    You realize they can just make them not start at war with each other? I'm sure it's not hard. Besides, what's the logic you are arguing? Just because other LL don't start at war with each other? Is that even true though?
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • BorealBoreal Posts: 175Registered Users
    Seldkam said:

Boreal said:

Seldkam said:

You realize they can just make them not start at war with each other? I'm sure it's not hard. Besides, what's the logic you are arguing? Just because other LL don't start at war with each other? Is that even true though?
    The scourge owns her starting province so yes she will be at war with them.
    Boreal said:

Seldkam said:

Boreal said:

Seldkam said:

The scourge owns her starting province so yes she will be at war with them.
    That doesn't make sense. Do you mean the scourge owns part of her starting province? Even if that's the case, they can still change them to not be at war. Furthermore, they can also just change the ownership of the city.

But this doesn't matter. There aren't any other places that make more sense.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,393Registered Users
    @Unknown6203 Please stop claiming others copy your ideas. They don't, and even if they did it's not a bad thing. This is a forum, ownership of ideas isn't a thing.

Regardless both should go where it's best. If Generic is an FLC he belongs where it's most interesting. If he's DLC probably on Ulthuan (assuming he's facing an elf) or the same continent as the Skaven in the unlikely event that's a matchup. The same for Rakarth. He should be on the same continent as Throt if they're matched up.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • AbmongAbmong Posts: 1,009Registered Users
    Dark Elves are probably the easiest faction to place anywhere.

Rakarth - off to capture some beasties somewhere
    Anethra Helbane - off raiding somewhere with her husband's Black Ark
    Malus - off on his quest
    Tullaris - off to excute someone
    Shadowblade - could be anywhere or nowhere
    Kouran - is the only one most likey to be stuck in Naggaroth.

And if not, filling out Naggarothi cities with their lore lords isn't such a bad thing IMO
    Rakarth - Karond Kar
    Anethra Helbane - Clar Karond (since she lives there and Venhil Chillblade is a nobody)
    Malus - Hag Graef

That leaves Tullaris or Kouran who can be shipped off somewhere, One of them will probably end up a LH rather than a LL anyway. Shadowblade is a Mechanics LH would make no sense if CA made him a LL.
    Total War: Warhammer IV - Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Khuresh (+ Lost Vampire Bloodlines, Monkey kingdom DLC) :#
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,127Registered Users, Moderators
    Even Kouran isn't too hard to move. "Malekith says go over here."

And heh, technically, yeah, that works for everyone. Because "Malekith says go over here" is a command nobody in the Dark Elf faction can ignore. Even Mummy Dearest technically doesn't start where she might otherwise start.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour