Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Will Part 2 Races get Overhauls in Part 3?

Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior MemberPosts: 2,279Registered Users
Personally, i doubt they will receive Major Overhauls.

I feel Part 2 Races feel way more complete than Part 1 Races. Skaven were the only Race that was severely lacking and their Under Empire Overhaul truly brought them up.

The Lizardmen could need some tweaks here and there, and that is mostly to units that needs some buffs to their stats.

Even with their Overhauls, i still feel Empire and Dwarfs have room for improvement.

Vampires are fine where they are. We just need more LLs.

Greenskins will get their Overhaul. Hard to judge if they will need more tweaking. But we need more Generic Lord variety for them. This one is key.

If anything Part 3 looks like it will be more Overhauls to Part 1 Races, but these Overhauls will also cover the DLC Races (Chaos, Beastmen, Wood Elves and Norsca)

I am almost sure that the Empire will get a 2nd Overhaul. Specially if other Elector Counts are made playable.

Just as the Empire got Fort Sieges. I feel the Dwarfs may get Karak Sieges. Truly bringing out their full potential.

Chaos and Beastmen are the 2 Races that need an Overhaul the most. Being the first pieces of DLC has really made them lag behind in terms of quality with newer DLC.

Wood Elves Overhaul is not as massive as Chaos or Beastmen. But we definitely need more LLs at least.

As for Norsca. Their Monstrous Arcanum needs to be updated and add some Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, Lizardmen Dread Saurian Hunts. And once Daemons are properly added. Overhaul the Rewards for worshipping a certain god.

Comments

• angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Posts: 805Registered Users
    edited October 18
    CA did say they will reach a point where game 2 races will need a overhaul in game 3, so yeah I think they will get something.

For me at least, I want Skaven to have a Council of 13th mechanic for them, its so important to their race yet it does nothing in-game.
    Soon
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 914Registered Users
    Yes, From CA's own words, all Game 2 races will receive a new coat of paint after Game 3 releases.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 1,682Registered Users
    VCoast doesn't need it but the theme of the faction was a bit missed, they are pirates yet you can build an Empire on land, you are not encouraged to spend your time on the seas and you should be encouraged to do so, VCoast should be able to conquer only the ports with the exception of major settlements. I think we can all agree that Aranessa was not well implemented, she should get more living units and shouldn't spread corruption (actually I don't think any VCoast factions should spread corruption at all) but I don't think they should completely remove the undead units and Vampire lords from her faction. After all, GW sold some Sartosan Vampire Pirates at some point, she should just get extra units.

Tehenhauin needs some tweaks with his sacrifice mechanic, a lot of sacrifice are underwhelming, even the Invocation of Sotek. He should get unique RoR to unlock just like Ikit instead, having those RoRs here is actually a disadvantage as it's much slower to get compared to others lizards factions. And he should get a dynamic amount of offerings when he defeats an army, having 50 offerings per battle is way too slow.

There's Lokhir that could really use a rework too, I already made a topic about it.

Can't think of something else right now but these 3 factions should get some changes imo.
  • angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Posts: 805Registered Users
    neodeinos said:

VCoast doesn't need it but the theme of the faction was a bit missed, they are pirates yet you can build an Empire on land, you are not encouraged to spend your time on the seas and you should be encouraged to do so, VCoast should be able to conquer only the ports with the exception of major settlements. I think we can all agree that Aranessa was not well implemented, she should get more living units and shouldn't spread corruption (actually I don't think any VCoast factions should spread corruption at all) but I don't think they should completely remove the undead units and Vampire lords from her faction. After all, GW sold some Sartosan Vampire Pirates at some point, she should just get extra units.

Tehenhauin needs some tweaks with his sacrifice mechanic, a lot of sacrifice are underwhelming, even the Invocation of Sotek. He should get unique RoR to unlock just like Ikit instead, having those RoRs here is actually a disadvantage as it's much slower to get compared to others lizards factions. And he should get a dynamic amount of offerings when he defeats an army, having 50 offerings per battle is way too slow.

There's Lokhir that could really use a rework too, I already made a topic about it.

Can't think of something else right now but these 3 factions should get some changes imo.

Oh man, Tehen really needs some tweaks to the sacrifice mechanic

maybe a salamander RoR thats actually a flamethrower monster?
    Soon
  • RiskafishRiskafish Posts: 366Registered Users
    CA said that they will need a "new lick of paint" in game 3. Might not be overhauls like Empire Undivided but we atleast gonna get something :D.
  • BereaverBereaver Posts: 429Registered Users
    neodeinos said:

I disagree that Vampire Coast should be able to take ONLY coastal settlements. Both Harkon and Noctilus wand to conquer all the land eventually. May be you can softlock them from taking the inland territories till Sea Shanty level 3, but late game Vampire Coast should totally become all-conquering force.